Do you have a playoff expectation level? And if so, what is it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Do you have a playoff expectation level? And if so, what is it?

My expectation level is conference finals this year.

They have the best team they have had in the last 5 years and went to the second round in each.  They have beaten every team in this conference and some games have been blow outs.  I see no reason why they shouldn't make it to the conference finals.

[edit] So the question below is really

What would disappoint you about the Bruins playoff performance.
    In other words, if a first round loss disappoints you, you expected them to get to the second round.
    If a cup final loss disappoints you, then your expection is for them to win the cup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Do you have a playoff expectation level? And if so, what is it?

"Nothing can erase the pain of trading Kessel."

And Wheeler too jeez he never gets anough credit! Will it be Jeckyl or Hyde in the 2nd round!? Mr. Hyde for goodness sake will get them past the inconsistency non 60 minute team. It's always that damn 2nd round...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Curious. I was looking for the - Stanley Cup Win, vote, but was left with, I love the Bruins no matter what.   PS : by the time of your post, it looks like you had another hockey nite, just curious, when does your league shut down for the season ?  and if I may, what position do you play...just curious...go B's go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I was looking for the "Stanley Cup Win" also...I see no reason that they can't get out of the East and make it to the Finals - there just isn't a team in the East that is hands down the best in the Conference.  I want the 2 seed also, might as well finish strong.  In closing, I'm going to steal a quote from Stanley...here's hoping for a "Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011!" 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Cup

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Nothing can ease the pain of trading Mark Stuart

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I expect the Bruins to face the Flyers in the conference finals. Can't make a prediction because the two teams are very similar, both flawed, and, like last year, the series will be heavily dependant on which team is healthier at that point.

Boston has the team in place to emerge from the East and they matchup relatively well with some Western teams (VAN, ANA, NSH, CHI...would want to avoid DET, SJ, LA, PHX) so let's aim high.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Also, Badhab, probably revealing of you, but there's no "Stanley Cup Win" option.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I am rooting hard for the B's, but it boils down to which team and players show up? This team has to play with snarl to be successful, plus finish checks, drive the net, back check, good team "D", a quick transition game, outlet passes on the tape...everyone must elevate their game!
    If this happens, look for a very deep run...I am hopeful.
    Doc

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Do you have a playoff expectation level? And if so, what is it?:
    [QUOTE]Also, Badhab, probably revealing of you, but there's no "Stanley Cup Win" option.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it should have been phrased 'what playoff performance level loss would disappoint you', I had it in the negative.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

there's a shocker...a bruin fan who has it in the negative! bunch of chicken littles. live in the moment...playoffs START this week. let's send good vibes to the B'S.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Do you have a playoff expectation level? And if so, what is it?:
    [QUOTE]Curious. I was looking for the - Stanley Cup Win, vote, but was left with, I love the Bruins no matter what.   PS : by the time of your post, it looks like you had another hockey nite, just curious, when does your league shut down for the season ?  and if I may, what position do you play...just curious...go B's go.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Yep another hockey night last night.  Summer game starting.  Drinking and getting re acquainted  after kept me late.  Alcohol policy is that it is pretty much mandatory.  I played forward in hs and college, defense now that I'm old fat and slow.  No leagues for me anymore, I end up genuinely hating someone.  There's always the one idiot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you have a playoff expectation level? And if so, what is it? : Yep another hockey night last night.  Summer game starting.  Drinking and getting re acquainted  after kept me late.  Alcohol policy is that it is pretty much mandatory.  I played forward in hs and college, defense now that I'm old fat and slow.  No leagues for me anymore, I end up genuinely hating someone.  There's always the one idiot.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Sounds like this forum.

Answer to the thread :

Would love a cup, expect at least the conference finals and would be disappointed with less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you have a playoff expectation level? And if so, what is it? : Sounds like this forum. Answer to the thread : Would love a cup, expect at least the conference finals and would be disappointed with less.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

re: there's always one idiot.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Anyways, sure looks like the expectation level remains the same.

I would say 95% they get out of this round
    There is a reasonable chance they win the next round, I would say 50/50.  Maybe 60-40 Bruins because they have done well against Tampa this year.
    If they make it to the finals, I just hope they can give it a good fight.

I fear the west.

I think the most even matchup from the west would be the Preds, but that's not going to happen.

I think any of the others, Wings, Sharks or Nucks are a formidable opponents and I give their odds at about 15% in the final if that happens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

This jumping way ahead--- gotta win vs Philly 1st-- lookin good.  Then Tampa-- it will be a close one-- they are good.  But if they make the Cup--- I want Vancouver-- the Sharks scare me.  I think the Bruins match up well against the Canucks and Luongo has a way of choking when things get dicey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

In Response to Do you have a playoff expectation level? And if so, what is it?:
    [QUOTE]My expectation level is conference finals this year. They have the best team they have had in the last 5 years and went to the second round in each.  They have beaten every team in this conference and some games have been blow outs.  I see no reason why they shouldn't make it to the conference finals. [edit] So the question below is really What would disappoint you about the Bruins playoff performance. In other words, if a first round loss disappoints you, you expected them to get to the second round. If a cup final loss disappoints you, then your expection is for them to win the cup.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Stanley Cup Final.....nothing less !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Back in March , I predicted the Bruins would make it to the Conference Finals.  That was based on the bad taste left on the Bruins  from the last couple of years in heartbreaking losses.. I knew, and it has been proven so far, that this team has learned from their disappointments and become more of a resilient bunch than I have seen in a while..

Julien will figure out the 1-3 lock system of the Lightning and Bruins will make it to the finals to face Joe T and the Sharks.. That is my Stanley Cup Final.. and then the fun and story lines become interesting and overplayed over and over in the media..Can't wait.. oh, also the Bruins will win the Cup this year in a hard fought 6 game series against the Sharks.. TT is Con Smythe Trophy winner..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]  I think the Bruins match up well against the Canucks and Luongo has a way of choking when things get dicey.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

And Tim Thomas can't win Game 7s, Carey Price is 0-8 in his last 8 playoff games going into the postseason, etc etc etc.

Throw that stuff out the window. Even Joe Thornton is producing in the playoffs this year. And the same thing was said about MA Fleury, and his name is now on the Cup. Talent is simply talent; given the opportunity, it'll usually shine.

The Bruins could conceivably beat any team left in the dance, but their biggest advantage is in nets. If a team can go save for save with Thomas (as Carey Price did) they'll give the Bruins a run for their money. If the Bruins are worlds better in goal, with the talent they have in other areas, they have a GREAT chance to win the series. When it comes down to it, despite Niemi being a Cup winner last year, he's not the goalie Luongo is.

At this point, I think Boston has to be considered the favorite for the Finals in the East. The West opponent will probably be favored overall, but given Thomas' play and the balance the rest of the team displays, Boston can win. But if they can play a team that can't match them in goal, the Cup is there for the taking for the Bruins.

Sections
Shortcuts