Do you think Julien should be replaced as coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Do you think Julien should be replaced as coach?

So many threads to go through, so many people with vague or changing opinions, hard to get a real feel on who feels he should go, who feels he shouhld stay. So very simply, yes or no?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Do you think Julien should be replaced as coach?

I think he has trouble motivating his players.  Benching Kessel in the playoffs but insisting on rolling 4 lines is a contradiction in and of itself.  Limiting TOI philosophically goes better with a decision to bench someone.  Rolling 4 lines says hey, F it, everyone gets to play, except YOU.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

No

With that said, I think this is a big year for him. If things go the way the way they did last year, I believe this will be his last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Julien should be replaced as coach?:
    [QUOTE]I think he has trouble motivationg his players.  Benching Kessel in the playoffs but insisting on rolling 4 lines is a contradiction in and of itself.  Limiting TOI philosophically goes better with a decision to bench someone.  Rolling 4 lines says hey, F it, everyone gets to play, except YOU.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

This "roll four lines" complaining is driving me nuts. If guys on the fourth line are playing well, putting pressure on the opposing defense, carrying the play, hell yes, they're going to get TOI. If a player(s) is struggling (Seguin and Caron vs. St. Louis), they'll sit. IF players are hurt and there are few options, somebody who's not playing so well will get TOI, out of sheer nescessity (happened last year). If a veteran (Paille) is outplayed by a rookie (Caron), the veteran will be the healthy scratch.

Can we please stop with the "conventional wisdom" that Julien blindly favors  veterans, rolls four lines without consideration of the circumstances, and has deliberately stifled his players' creativity? Because I don't see any reason for it, other than some fans determining that's the way it is, and refusing to change their minds despite the evidence in front of their faces.

And no, for God's sake, he shouldn't be replaced as coach. This is shaping up to be a special team, as long as key guys can get/stay healthy. Don't mess with the coaching staff now, or you'll halt them in mid-stream.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Good post Duinne...

ya, sometimes I question some of the moves he makes but overall I am pleased with what he is doing so far this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK.  Someone please tell me the criteria you use to benchmark coaches.

Mine.  Among a lot of other things, bench minors, those stats reflect the coaching staff knowing  what's going on more than anything else.  And while not all bench minors are the fault of the coaching staff, the majority of them are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think he has trouble motivating his players.  Benching Kessel in the playoffs but insisting on rolling 4 lines is a contradiction in and of itself.  Limiting TOI philosophically goes better with a decision to bench someone.  Rolling 4 lines says hey, F it, everyone gets to play, except YOU.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Ironic you say he can't motivate players and then mention the Kessel benching.Seems to me the benching definately motivated Kessel as he was a different player when he came back to the lineup.Of course PK never forgave Julien for making him a better player but that's another story.....anyway,no,I don't think he should be fired.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]OK.  Someone please tell me the criteria you use to benchmark coaches. Mine.  Among a lot of other things, bench minors, those stats reflect the coaching staff knowing  what's going on more than anything else.  And while not all bench minors are the fault of the coaching staff, the majority of them are.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

CJ should be replaced at the conclusion of this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

No, four lines is now a given with the injuries, now if he is playing them in March then the Bs have some problems.  His forte as a coach is his defensive schemes. It creates stability on a team especially with a guy like Chara.  As for the offense, CJ needs to be given leeway in judgement given the fact Krejci and Savard have not been healthy for almost two seasons. Nonetheless, CJs critics including myself will watch the offense carefully in February and March.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

No.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you think Julien should be replaced as coach? : CJ should be replaced at the conclusion of this season.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    You mean regardless of where they finish?If they get a healthy lineup but don't respond then I could see replacing him.Until then he should get a pass.On the subject of bench minors,should CJ get blamed if a d-man jumps on early(since he's not overseeing the defence changes)?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not at this time. I'm not really a CJ supporter, and would like to see more flexibility, but, CJ is CJ. You get what he is. He is also on an extended contract so he can only be judged with a full team not the patch-up he now has. Finding a place for Scott Gordon might be of benefit at some point in time, even if he returns to Providence where the last two years have not been stellar, even with improving young players. I know those same young players must adapt to Julien's system, even in Providence, but Gordon always had some NHL ready talent when needed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I love the playing of 4 lines.  Have said it many times here.  We have 4 awesome lines that all contribute and all can & do score.  My only issue with rolling 4 lines is, when youre down 2-0 or 3-0, you shouldnt be rolling 4 lines regularly.  Get your scoring lines out there and if they cant get it done, roll the 4th line.  There is a balance and I think Claude has done well keeping it in check for....oh.....85% of the time.

Im still not sold on Claude.  I dont know why, but Ive always wondered about him.  Why did the Habs let him go mid-season & Devils let him go right before the playoffs when he had the second best record in the East and won the Atlantic division.  The only problem I have with him is it seems he has trouble adjusting in-game.  When a team out-plays/out-coaches him, its like he has no back-up plan and he just hopes his guys pull through.  I dont get it.

No, I dont think he should be fired, not right now.  Depending on where this season goes and if the guys are playing well for him....it'll be arguable.  If they make it out of the first round again, you gotta bring him back.  Even if they dont, its a tough call.  I think barring any major meltdowns this season, he comes back.  Next season is arguable depending on the success of this season. 

Im not of the belief that changes coaches all the time is a good thing.  I think you let most guys battle through rough patches to show what kind of character they have and if they can lead.  You dont dump a coach because of injuries or a slump necessarily. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Yeah, fire him and bring back Uncle Dave or Ftorek.......

Don't see why CJ is on the chopping block, the team is playing solid 2 way hockey and I don't see anyone else out there who will step in and be a better coach at this moment. You may not like CJ's style but it is effective and it wins games. And enough of this bashing of the "4th" line. They've been playing well and scoring goals so why do people complain when CJ rolls them out there?

NO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Yes, Julien is a coach who has never had any playoff success and is not likely to.  He has a system that works very well in the regular season but can be game planned against.  He would rather lose than change the system.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, Julien is a coach who has never had any playoff success and is not likely to.  He has a system that works very well in the regular season but can be game planned against.  He would rather lose than change the system.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Sincerely yours,
    Lindy Ruff

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jacobs is not going to pay another coach to go play golf simple as that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

As of right now how the team is playing my answer is a definite "no". But down the road depending on how the team performs my answer could change. Changing coaches when it's November, the team has had a rash of injuries and they've played relatively well in most games ( with a winning record ) it would be just plain stupid to fire CJ.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

WHY?  NO!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Ok, I agree with duinne... but ABOVE ALL, here's the thing that's pissing me off complaining about playing the fourth line: THEY'RE ACTUALLY SCORING. You know what Tyler Seguin, Jordan Caron, Blake Wheeler, and Shawn Thornton have in common? They all have 3 goals. Brad Marchand has 2 goals, where as Recchi has 1 and Paille has 0.
    Who has more talent? Obviously not the 4th line guys... which is why they play fewer minutes. But in the time they DO play they establish a physical game, bring energy and turn momentum, force other teams into penalties that give our high-end guys power plays, aren't a defensive liability, score on their own, and give our other players a blow.
    Stop treating them like they're inept, or that CJ is inept for trusting them... they've given him a reason to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

we have to best 3-B line in the league. So why is there a problem in playing them. As for CJ, I think keeping the same coach, who by the way is over 60% win record with the B's, is important with reguards to continuity of the team. This season has the making of something special. I would not go f'n it up because you don't like the way CJ utilizies his players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I go back and forth on this one. 

The reason I would say no is because since he came in to coach the Bruins at least have a system.  They know who they are and the they have played pretty well.

The reasons I say yes fire him are:

Blowing a 4 game lead against Philadelphia and especially not having your team ready to play in game 5 in Boston is unacceptable.

When your team is not scoring change some things up.

Play Seguin on the bloody wing.  The kid can then use his speed and offensive talents and help the Bruins score without having to worry about draws and as much about defense.  I know he will need to learn these next year or in the next couple of years but for now let him have some success using his strengths.  I know there have been injuries but this kid is the future.  Let him get his feet wet doing what he does best.  Keep Wheeler at Centre.  Bring up another centre from Providence but get Seguin on the wing Humpty Dumpty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, I agree with duinne... but ABOVE ALL, here's the thing that's pissing me off complaining about playing the fourth line: THEY'RE ACTUALLY SCORING. You know what Tyler Seguin, Jordan Caron, Blake Wheeler, and Shawn Thornton have in common? They all have 3 goals. Brad Marchand has 2 goals, where as Recchi has 1 and Paille has 0. Who has more talent? Obviously not the 4th line guys... which is why they play fewer minutes. But in the time they DO play they establish a physical game, bring energy and turn momentum, force other teams into penalties that give our high-end guys power plays, aren't a defensive liability, score on their own, and give our other players a blow. Stop treating them like they're inept, or that CJ is inept for trusting them... they've given him a reason to.
    Posted by Tommy617[/QUOTE]
    You're absolutely right.Good play should be rewarded with more  ice time.the 4th line has earned the extra shifts so we shouldn't begrudge them for it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I go back and forth on this one.  The reason I would say no is because since he came in to coach the Bruins at least have a system.  They know who they are and the they have played pretty well. The reasons I say yes fire him are: Blowing a 4 game lead against Philadelphia and especially not having your team ready to play in game 5 in Boston is unacceptable. When your team is not scoring change some things up. Play Seguin on the bloody wing.  The kid can then use his speed and offensive talents and help the Bruins score without having to worry about draws and as much about defense.  I know he will need to learn these next year or in the next couple of years but for now let him have some success using his strengths.  I know there have been injuries but this kid is the future.  Let him get his feet wet doing what he does best.  Keep Wheeler at Centre.  Bring up another centre from Providence but get Seguin on the wing Humpty Dumpty.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Bring up WHO? Do you think Zach Hamill is a better option at center than Seguin? Joe Colborne? The kid isn't ready. If you're going to make demands like this, come up with viable alternatives.

Sections
Shortcuts