Do you think Julien should be replaced as coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Re: Do you think Julien should be replaced as coach?

No, no I do not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Julien should be replaced as coach?:
    In Response to Re: Do you think Julien should be replaced as coach? : I do agree with this. I especially agree that he needs to shorten his bench, I'll go farther and say that he needs to bench people more often.

There are a lot of things I think CJ needs to do better. But with a record as good as what the Bruins are putting up, it's rediculous to me that people think he should be fired for not making these improvements.  But, that being said, he will be fired. It's inevitable. Unless you coach in Calgary or Buffalo, youget fired. But now is not the time. Posted by davecarr

So I don't say Julien should get fired but get called out for saying that Seguin should be on the powerplay instead of Ryder when the Bruins are only up 1-0. As soon as Julien inserts Seguin on the PP after taking Glyder out Tyler almost scores twice OK Dave...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

4 1/2 years ago.............

Just thought I'd bump down the trolling threads.

Seems like a good read considering the current circumstances.

Keep in mind this is before they won the cup.

Five years has passed and look at some of the names. Some really ....err ......odd thoughts considering what has transpired since then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh cool I still hate Ryder lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Not until I see what the B's do in the 1st 10 games.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha77. Show tremha77's posts

Great coach but yes.

(1)  i believe coach's have shelf lives and CJ has passed his best before date

(2)  I think he makes the yongsters nervous and they grip their sticks too much - they need some rope

(3)  Dont think the make up of the team and where they are going is suited to his system

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

My favourite.

Singing the same song.............but with a cup just months away. How much more wrong could this quote have been ? History repeated itself alright ! 1970 and 1972 ............hee hee.

"This team needs direction and leadership above all else, and that's just never going to be him. Hopefully you can understand the frustration that some feel when watching history repeat itself."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

My favourite.

Singing the same song.............but with a cup just months away. How much more wrong could this quote have been ? History repeated itself alright ! 1970 and 1972 ............hee hee.

"This team needs direction and leadership above all else, and that's just never going to be him. Hopefully you can understand the frustration that some feel when watching history repeat itself."

Chow, how does one research threads from way back.  Don't know how to do that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

My favourite.

I don't really do it much but I had some time to kill yesterday.

Click "last" on the thread page count ( it will show page 600+ ) and work backwards. Might take a while but there's some interesting threads that date back to 2010.

This one caught my eye considering it was the same year the cup was won. 

P.S. Beware of the first 5-10 pages. It is filled with imafan, milan the ghost and revenge for marco ranting. Revenge for marco ?...........gotta love that name.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

My favourite.

I don't really do it much but I had some time to kill yesterday.

Click "last" on the thread page count ( it will show page 600+ ) and work backwards. Might take a while but there's some interesting threads that date back to 2010.

This one caught my eye considering it was the same year the cup was won. 

P.S. Beware of the first 5-10 pages. It is filled with imafan, milan the ghost and revenge for marco ranting. Revenge for marco ?...........gotta love that name.

Thanks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to davecarr's comment:

So many threads to go through, so many people with vague or changing opinions, hard to get a real feel on who feels he should go, who feels he shouhld stay. So very simply, yes or no?

No.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I think that the decision has already been made by Neely... If reports are accurate he wanted him fired mid season then he is dead man  walking.   Why leave the guy twisting in the wind. Have the guts to pull the trigger and don't hide behind the charade that you will let the new GM decide his fate ....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

I think that the decision has already been made by Neely... If reports are accurate he wanted him fired mid season then he is dead man  walking.   Why leave the guy twisting in the wind. Have the guts to pull the trigger and don't hide behind the charade that you will let the new GM decide his fate ....

You're making the assumption that Neely *has* a plan...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I didn't think then and I don't think now.  The doubt then and now on CJ changing his offense is still present.  What isn't is the two visits to the Stanley Cup.  Redoubt! Ha. 

IMO once a new GM is in place then CJ is a goner.  The longer Cam Bam waits the more it looks like someone other than Sweeney and the "beloved" Shero.

Everything Should Be Made as Simple as Possible, But Not Simpler

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In Response to Re: Do you think Julien should be replaced as coach?:
    I think he has trouble motivating his players.  Benching Kessel in the playoffs but insisting on rolling 4 lines is a contradiction in and of itself.  Limiting TOI philosophically goes better with a decision to bench someone.  Rolling 4 lines says hey, F it, everyone gets to play, except YOU.
    Posted by bim09

Ironic you say he can't motivate players and then mention the Kessel benching.Seems to me the benching definately motivated Kessel as he was a different player when he came back to the lineup.Of course PK never forgave Julien for making him a better player but that's another story.....anyway,no,I don't think he should be fired.

-------------

I have been a CJ supporter through and through, and he should get a chance to coach in 15-16. Too many injuries, too little in roster support except for a kiddie corps, and no veteran 2nd goalie...and frankly that falls on the guy who got fired already---PC.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

LOL, I thought this was a 2015 thread....wow, CJ was getting hammered for years here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Funny stuff, Chowdah.

I'm leery of seeing him go.  I don't hold any great love for him, but like Chiarelli, I respect his approach.  To me, that has always been to calmly assess what you have and what the best way to deploy what you have would be.  Then, trust your assessment because so many of the things that happen during a hockey season are "blips" that will correct if you stay the course.  Responding to every little change is trying to put coaching ahead of the players, and like over-correcting when you're driving on ice, you can find yourself in the ditch pretty quickly with no traction to get back on the road. He's done what every coach needs to do - his teams have learned his struture, played his strucutre, and trusted the system to great success.  Full marks for that.

But other coaches can do that with a different mix, so that's not the big reason to be leery for me.  I'm leery because we seem to assume that core players like Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, Smith, Krug, Hamilton, Seidenberg will be just as good or better under a different coach.  These guys have never had a different coach or they've never had the kind of success they've had here before CJ.  I wonder how much these guys would actually improve in a different system with a different philosophy; there's at least a risk that they wouldn't fit at all.

"Chaos is hard.  Fools tire quick."

- James Ellroy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Is Gordon Bombay available?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Funny stuff, Chowdah.

I'm leery of seeing him go.  I don't hold any great love for him, but like Chiarelli, I respect his approach.  To me, that has always been to calmly assess what you have and what the best way to deploy what you have would be.  Then, trust your assessment because so many of the things that happen during a hockey season are "blips" that will correct if you stay the course.  Responding to every little change is trying to put coaching ahead of the players, and like over-correcting when you're driving on ice, you can find yourself in the ditch pretty quickly with no traction to get back on the road. He's done what every coach needs to do - his teams have learned his struture, played his strucutre, and trusted the system to great success.  Full marks for that.

But other coaches can do that with a different mix, so that's not the big reason to be leery for me.  I'm leery because we seem to assume that core players like Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, Smith, Krug, Hamilton, Seidenberg will be just as good or better under a different coach.  These guys have never had a different coach or they've never had the kind of success they've had here before CJ.  I wonder how much these guys would actually improve in a different system with a different philosophy; there's at least a risk that they wouldn't fit at all.

"Chaos is hard.  Fools tire quick."

- James Ellroy

Good thoughts.  I just don't think there are huge disparities between CJ's system, and other "good" coaches would do with this core.  Bruins are supposed to be defense first.  Messing with that formula would be disaster, as would choosing to trade, all at once, the key pieces that make up that identity.

I don't see how the hierarchy saves face...if they keep him.  Unless they move several key players.  I don't think they will.

Moving several key pieces(Lucic doesn't count because of his contract) speaks loudly, as to their belief the team was built wrong.  That isn't CJ's fault.  On the other hand, if the team isn't fundamentally changed...the root blame has to be coach, not  GM.

Since many here are suggesting PC's demise is largely the result of being too stupid to fire Claude.....Claude sticking around should transfer that stupid moniker further upstairs.

No one hates knee jerk more than me.  No one feels more strongly, that he's very qualified, but it's soooo straight forward to me on this one.

I disagree, but if someone, or two "needs" to take the fall on this....the coach has to be one of them.  If injury isn't a reasonable explanation why this team couldn't get another few points....it can only go one way.

Under- achievement.

Job security isn't even guaranteed by "achievement".  Over-achievement, usually does the trick.  Under achievement isn't tolerated anywhere for very long.

It's a whole new regime in Boston.  If he stays, Julien will be under ridiculous scrutiny, and there'll be thunderous cries for his dismissal, every time the team loses.  He'll be blamed for everything that isn't perfect, and it'll be another distraction.

Why not take whatever wrath is coming....and move on with a clean slate.  It's obvious they don't want him.

If he stays, it just means they just don't dare fire him...right now.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

What I find troubling about Julien-led Bruins teams - is how unpredictably weird they can be - how flat they can come out for big, must-win games or periods. I don't know what he says or doesn't say - but his teams - and not just this past year - can be just so woefully, agonisingly, frustrating. They seem emotionally unprepared for games.

You never know what Bruins team you're gonna get from one night to the next, from one period to the next.

Maybe their on-ice leadership is lacking, maybe Chara's 'I'm-stronger-and-fitter-than-all-of-you' doesn't inspire, or maybe it's Bergeron's (seeming) total lack of a sense of humour, or Kelly's 'Corporal Serious' that doesn't do it, but for me, lack of emotional preparation and commitment, is on the Coach. They don't seem to play for him, or in spite of him.

If you're asking me Julien vs Babcock. I know what my answer is. Babcock's teams always seem to come to play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

jack adams, presidents trophy, two cup finals... and a STANLEY CUP. yeah this guy is no good. it's funny how people forget how bad things were before he became coach. then the first year the bruins don't qualify (with 95 points!!).... he suddenly is not the right fit, and the players stopped listening to him. WWWHAT?? this guy brought that bruin pride back to beantown... show a little love. don't get me wrong, if the bruins miss next years playoffs, THEN i'd put him on the hot seat (meaning they better start strong). but after one season in which your team still had 95 points? it's the text-book definition of "kneejerk reaction".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

'11... stanley cup champs. '12...playoff qualifier. '13... stanley cup finals. '14... presidents trophy winner. '15... "lost the team and forgot how to coach". it's looks as stupid on the computer screen as it sounds when i say it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@Steve

What's the identity of a Bruins team that didn't make the playoffs ?

Forget the injury excuse not going to cut it. There were teams that made the playoffs with way more man games lost than the Bruins. Injuries are not part of the equation. 

Sections
Shortcuts