Do you think the Bruins will trade Thomas in the off season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Re: Do you think the Bruins will trade Thomas in the off season?

They will not trade either TT or Rask. I can't see Rask wanting to leave.He will get plenty of starts he only needs to look at TT at 37 that he has plenty of time to be the man. He is in a great system for a goaltender.

TT is a legend in Boston they will never trade him.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It was interesting to hear on the Hockey Show last night that had Philly given the B's the players they wanted for Thomas that a trade might have gone down.  And there was speculation that Thomas wanted to be traded to Philly so he could come back here in the playoffs and stick it to B's management. 

I don't know how the Bruins move forward in goal for the next few years.  You have the heir apparent in Rask, who will want to be paid and play at some point.  But you also have Thomas, who, despite age, has lived up to his contract and has made himself into a hot commodity. 

I agree with most here.  I love stories like Thomas, a self-made guy who got to the NHL the hard way by taking a long, circuitous route through Europe and the minors.  By damn, if there was ever a chance to sell high, this is it...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think the Bruins will trade Thomas in the off season?:
    In Response to Re: Do you think the Bruins will trade Thomas in the off season? : Of course you don't!  Your IQ is far superior to everyone's including mine.  You sure have it all figured out, "BigVig". Is this guy obnoxious or what?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

RWTK I have a question for you: why are you always talking about hair gel, IQ , teen,  why do you still reply the same stupid answers, you really are an idiot,   now I know why you called yourself  RWTK it 's because you think you're superior to others but in reality you're a pathetic a**h*le

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think the Bruins will trade Thomas in the off season?:
    In Response to Re: Do you think the Bruins will trade Thomas in the off season? : How dare you talk crazy!  Go back the Pats board!  Boooo!  Booo!

I personally would never sell high, not Thomas anyway, but I think one crazy GM on the verge of a deep playoff run and in need of a brick wall goalie could make the Don Vito Corleone offer, which would at least have to give PC pause. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

For your own info i'm from Connecticut and i still think you're a moron...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think the Bruins will trade Thomas in the off season? : Nice sentence structure. I have a question for you: Why is it that people like you, who have a mouse in their hand and click on a thread, immediately morph into a 12 year old? I like to call out people who think they are cute/smart when they try to talk down to people, who are actually more intelligent than they are. This means you. If you don't try to talk down to people after disagreeing their opinion, I am prety sure we won't  have issues. If you don't want to have a big boy discussion about money, investments, etc, regarding an asset, in this case Thomas, don't click on the thread.  Pretty effen simple. We get that Thomas is a legend here now. Go back to my, or anyone else's first statment on this topic, and you'll people talk about the offer needing to be overwhelming to consider it. Appparently, even this was outlandish for some of the annoying homers here. Christ, I thought I was a homer. I am not even close. Sorry I offended you as someone who enjoys the Roberto Luongo hair gel look as a teenie bopper. Carry on.

King:  You're missing the duckboat here.  And belittling speculation about trading TT has zero to do with being a homer.  Whether it be from an on-ice, salary cap or public relations standpoint, moving Conn Smythe and (likely) Vezina winner Thomas at this time simply ain't gonna happen. 

Sure, people can muse about what if some GM were to try to bowl over PC with an offer for TT, but since that's extremely unlikely to happen, what's the point?  Next.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Sigh...I thought that since the TT "bashers", for the most part, had gone into hiding, that it would end all the silly Tim Thomas threads.
    Now, since they can't insult TT, they can only hope he gets traded.
    Does anybody seriously believe this team is cup champions, WITHOUT Thomas in net?
    Thomas gives this team a chance to win, every game he plays.You don't trade that away.
    What other team has ever traded their #1 goalie after winning the cup, let alone, the Conn Smythe winner?
    Will the silliness never end?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sigh...I thought that since the TT "bashers", for the most part, had gone into hiding, that it would end all the silly Tim Thomas threads. Now, since they can't insult TT, they can only hope he gets traded. Does anybody seriously believe this team is cup champions, WITHOUT Thomas in net? Thomas gives this team a chance to win, every game he plays.You don't trade that away. What other team has ever traded their #1 goalie after winning the cup, let alone, the Conn Smythe winner? Will the silliness never end?
    Posted by biggskye

Closest would be Patrick Roy and that's bcause he wanted out of Montreal. A TT trade simply won' happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Red, except for Boston's rare playoff victories over Montreal, the Roy implosion is my most "warm and fuzzy". Hab's memory.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBruinsFan. Show LeBruinsFan's posts

TT and any player should be considered for trades if that trade makes the team better.

How likely is it that TT gets traded?

Not very.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Championship teams that dont make some moves genreally have dramatic and long falls from the top. TT's value will never be higher.  he is 37.  If a GREAT deal is there, you need to look real hard at it. Roster changes - Reechi gone - and with Horton back that leaves no room for changes.  I would let Ryder go and look to bring in Caron or someone ready to make the step.  The core of the team is young and ready to keep growing. what to do with Kaberle?
    Posted by tremha

Tremha, the teams that you speak of had cap issues(Boston doesn't) and didn't own a top 10 pick. The Bruins,for many reasons, should be able to buck the trend and challenge for a repeat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

TT won't be traded because he has a no-trade clause.  I don't see him wanting to leave, and PC would become villain #1 if he tries dirty tactics to force him out.  This beside the fact that it would take an amazing offer to make it woth while.  He was the difference in most of the playoffs.  I think a more likely scenario would be a trade of Rask if he's tired of being a back up.  This could also make sense if they got a prime goalie prospect and a draft pick or some other mix of young talent.  Tuukka has no restrictions on if he is traded, a low cap hit and high value.  Trading him could pull in a kessel-like bounty, and TT should be good for another couple years.  My feeling is that neither will be traded though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i'll entertain this for a second.
    Eastern Conference- he would never be dealt to the Eastern Conference team.
    Western Conference- what team needs a #1 has the means and cap space to trade for TT.
    Could it happen? Gretzky got traded so yeah anything is possible.  Halak got dealt last year after becoming an icon in Montreal(I know its not comparible but for Montreal fans it was).

No way TT gets dealt.  We have an excellent situation in net.  We have the best goalie in the world at the moment and we have a #1 backup.  Its a very good situation to be in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

NO. I can't imagine PC doing any deal, and if he did, Thomas would have to agree to go. Tuukka Rask and Anton Khudobin may be a nice pair some day, but not right now. 

When you look at the team, Ryder, Kaberle and Recchi are the only UFAs, Marchand is the only RFA on the roster. The cap expected to rise, there is no reason to trade Thomas. Stick with the tenders as is, IF CJ want to give Rask some more games he can, but NO WAY you trade TT right now. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

i'll entertain this for a second. Eastern Conference- he would never be dealt to the Eastern Conference team. Western Conference- what team needs a #1 has the means and cap space to trade for TT. Could it happen? Gretzky got traded so yeah anything is possible.  Halak got dealt last year after becoming an icon in Montreal(I know its not comparible but for Montreal fans it was). No way TT gets dealt.  We have an excellent situation in net.   We have the best goalie in the world at the moment and we have a #1 backup.  Its a very good situation to be in.
    Posted by shuperman

All this and a cap-hit of 6.5m.  Seems like a bargain since most teams pay their goalies more for lesser results.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Having two good goalies is a very good thing IMO. As long as Tuuka is good riding the pine, I think the Bruins will ride out the end of TT's contract 

Sections
Shortcuts