Doan's 17th deadline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Doan's 17th deadline

Shane Doan's given until 5 pm Eastern tonight to sign (I guess so the deal can be registered with NHL head offices prior to the weekend).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405237

Down to Phoenix or Vancouver - I just can't see Jamison being able to get the deal done by the close of business today, but nothing with that franchise is predictable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Doan's 17th deadline

That would mean Loungo would have to go if Vancouver is going to meet Doan's contract demands. The Canucks are at $67M in payroll right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They have until the start of the season though to get under the cap, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Doan isn't going anywhere imo. He tested free agency and didn't get the massive contract he hoped for, which makes sense given his age.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I disagree, I think he got the contracts he wanted, he just really doesn't want to leave Phoenix, and has said from the start he'd wait to see if Jamison could get the deal done. Guess we'll know one way or another in about 3 hours.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Red Doan had multiple offers and I believe you are correct teams have to be under the cap at the start of the season which is looking like later this winter meh...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Bisson you're right, he's staying. 4 years 21.2 million, plus $2 million signing bonus.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Decided to stay even though there's no deal done. Wonder if he'll become the first athlete ever to play in three different cities without ever being traded/signing elsewhere?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Decided to stay even though there's no deal done. Wonder if he'll become the first athlete ever to play in three different cities without ever being traded/signing elsewhere?

I think for Doan to remain in Phoenix he must have some inside information about the ownership situation. Maybe he knows something that nobody else does yet. I think when it is all said and done the Yotes will remain in Phoenix. Quebec, Seattle, Kansas City ect. will continue to wait & wait & wait. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

I think for Doan to remain in Phoenix he must have some inside information about the ownership situation. Maybe he knows something that nobody else does yet. I think when it is all said and done the Yotes will remain in Phoenix. Quebec, Seattle, Kansas City ect. will continue to wait & wait & wait. 

Hockey in Kansas City sounds like a disaster with the Blues all ready in the state. Would love to see a team in Seattle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

bump

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

bump

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

bump

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

bump

Sections
Shortcuts