Does anybody else.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Does anybody else.....

get sick of watching this team under-achieve???  It's official: this team is just spinning it's wheels under Julien and that is NOT going to change.

I'm not looking forward to the play-offs......I just don't see this inconsistency getting turned around.....you can just see something's missing.

I know this is very general and obvious, but I just don't feel like breaking down the who, the what and the why's.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Does anybody else.....

They did this last year, if you remember.  Then, Chiarelli charged down into the locker room to give them some kind of a pep talk.

It is a concern.

I am not sure why they don't want to win. Right now, that kind of a game will put them out in Round 1. It's just not quite good enough.

To be fair, I felt they played a good road game against a really desperate team last night. A team that is trying to justify lobbing a 1st rd pick over for Mike Fisher.

I cannot figure out why their Special Teams are so bad right now either.

Get Thomas back in there and get him back into one of those grooves he likes.

Stop playing Rask.  Thomas has had enough rest.  Get him back into playoff ready mode and hope that triggers something.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Earlier in this year I was starting to respect CJ. He started to make some aggressive moves. Just after  a famous not-direct call out by Neely. After that the team went a good run and secured its huge wins over TB, Philly, PITTS etc...

Now it just seems to be back on status quo. Play Paille and Thornton as much as possible. Make a dumb face when things dont go your way. Watch the team play listless hockey.

I just dont get that coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If the B's could find some way to cure their pp woes it would go a long way to winning these close games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Does anybody else.....:
    If the B's could find some way to cure their pp woes it would go a long way to winning these close games.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Wasn't it on the PP that Lucic rearranged the crossbar?  Or was it Chara on the post?  I agree with you - if the powerplay succeeds at any level, it will give them a big lift.  We played better last night than in Columbus, but there needs to be more in all areas of the ice. 

Only 3 points above being the 6th seed, with upcoming games against desperate teams - in Toronto and New Jersey on Saturday and Tuesday and then ... "them" on Thursday at home.  Time to pick it up - if the team can't get it going for these three games, then Doug Houda should take over the reigns.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Does anybody else..... : Wasn't it on the PP that Lucic rearranged the crossbar?  Or was it Chara on the post?  I agree with you - if the powerplay succeeds at any level, it will give them a big lift.  We played better last night than in Columbus, but there needs to be more in all areas of the ice.  Only 3 points above being the 6th seed, with upcoming games against desperate teams - in Toronto and New Jersey on Saturday and Tuesday and then ... "them" on Thursday at home.  Time to pick it up - if the team can't get it going for these three games, then Doug Houda should take over the reigns.
    Posted by huscroft28

I think it was Lucic. I think they moved the puck well on the pp and had some good looks but it seems everybody is afraid to shoot , other than Chara.I agre about the upcoming schedule. If they don't bring the highest of compete levels, 6th place could be in the offing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

So having the leagues best goalie, 3rd in scoring in the east - 7th in the league, best goals against in the east & second in the league by only a goal is now considered underachieving?  So what, youd rather they sneak into the playoffs on the last game of the year in last place so they can go to the finals?  Give me a break.  Too many fair weather fans on this board lately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Earlier in this year I was starting to respect CJ. He started to make some aggressive moves. Just after  a famous not-direct call out by Neely. After that the team went a good run and secured its huge wins over TB, Philly, PITTS etc... Now it just seems to be back on status quo. Play Paille and Thornton as much as possible. Make a dumb face when things dont go your way. Watch the team play listless hockey. I just dont get that coach.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Spot on!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

CLOD NEEDS TO GO ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That line change at the end of the Thrasher penalty that led to the Preds tying the game was especially priceless. Julien continues to panic in tight games during the third period.

One thing that has hurt them as well Campbell, Boychuk, Marchand, Siedenberg and McQuaid have cost the Bruins goals late in games from failure to get the puck to center ice or just plain out of the defensive zone with clean swipes too boot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I don't think they're underachieving as it suggests they should have an even loftier spot in the standings.  They are a solid club with an enviable record. 

More than anything, they're maddeningly inconsistent in their game to game efforts.  For a team with its share of big, physical players, they tend to play small, not timid but not aggressive. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

So having the leagues best goalie, 3rd in scoring in the east - 7th in the league, best goals against in the east & second in the league by only a goal is now considered underachieving?  So what, youd rather they sneak into the playoffs on the last game of the year in last place so they can go to the finals?  Give me a break.  Too many fair weather fans on this board lately.
    Posted by bigvig

Point made but not taken so well. Speaking only for myself, I'm tired of inconsistent efforts.  Good team, good record, good goals scored, good goals against, as you say, but inconsistent efforts.  They need to pull it together before the playoffs - if they're bounced in the first or second round, they deserve much criticism and we deserve a new coach.  Time to turn it on, Bruins and it would be advisable to start on Saturday!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Anyone denying their 180 in play since coming off the road from the west coast is clearly a homer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

We seem to be saying the same things on every post. This is not a complete team as long as Paille, Thornton, and Ryder are in the starting lineup. I would probably include Recchi, but he is smart and deserves at least the 4th line. As said elsewhere, replace Thornton with Caron or McDermid; replace Ryder with Arneil ; allow Seguin to stay with Kelly and Peverly and the team, as a whole, will skate and perform better:: 
                                 Marchand/Bergeron/Arneil
                                 Seguin/Kelly/Peverley
                                 Recchi/Campbell/Caron

I 'm not sure what they can do about Seidenberg's inconsistencies.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I get frustrated with the losses to lesser teams too.  However, the Bruins have CONSISTANTLY beaten the top teams this year and they are one of the top 5 teams in the league, thats a fact (only Detroit and Vancouver worry me).  They are a VERY tough team to play against, and it seems like when they play "their" game they cannot be beaten.  You cant win every game every night.  How many times this season have they been beaten by more than 2 goals?:  4 or 5? Most of their 2 goal losses probably had empty netters scored.  They have been blown out once and it was by Detroit.  Seriously, it is frustrating at times, but you cant win every single game.  You cant ever win every single game youre supposed to.  If that were the case, we'd hand out the Cup at the end of the regular season and there would be no playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Does anybody else..... : Point made but not taken so well. Speaking only for myself, I'm tired of inconsistent efforts.  Good team, good record, good goals scored, good goals against, as you say, but inconsistent efforts.  They need to pull it together before the playoffs - if they're bounced in the first or second round, they deserve much criticism and we deserve a new coach.  Time to turn it on, Bruins and it would be advisable to start on Saturday!
    Posted by huscroft28

I have always held onto the belief that a team heading into the playoffs has to have a excellent ten game stretch.  The Bs were on that track but failed.  I think you are correct, the Bs need to start playing playoff hockey now! Enough of the paralysis by analysis by the Bs coaching staff.  Time to send Neely down to the club house.  

Sections
Shortcuts