Does anyone claim Turco??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Does anyone claim Turco??

I don't see it happening but does anyone put in a claim to throw a wrench in the B's plans..I don't trust Garth Snow, he'll do it just because he can. He has to clear waivers anyone think a potentail playoff foe we could see putting in a claim?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Re: Does anyone claim Turco??

Maybe the Leafs, tonight? hehe

But seriously, the waiver wire goes through teams in order of record. So worst (columbus) goes first. I could actually see them or edmonton pick him up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I just can't see a GM in this league being that vindictive. (Well, maybe Sather)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

If no team picks him up, isn't that a message in itself?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone claim Turco??:
    [QUOTE]If no team picks him up, isn't that a message in itself?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    I could see the Nucks pick him up as a reliable back up to Schneider.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Obviously. Someone would have signed him and he'd playing in the league by now if his talents were sought after.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

Yeah, anybody's better than Luongo was in Boston during the SCF

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Can we borrow Cory Schneider ? Lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's the best of a bad set of options for backup. No other team in the league is in Boston's position right now (a playoff spot, but no backup goalie heading down the stretch with an aging starter with a history of hip problems) No other NHL team really needs Turco right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm not saying any team needs him, just that they know the Bruins do might be reason enough. Just a thought.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The other teams are too busy giggling at the thought that the B's are reduced to dusting off a has-been like Turco.  If someone takes him, the B's will just keep signing other stiffs until one makes it through.  No worries one way or the other.

Chris Osgood's got nothing to do, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]The other teams are too busy giggling at the thought that the B's are reduced to dusting off a has-been like Turco.  If someone takes him, the B's will just keep signing other stiffs until one makes it through.  No worries one way or the other. Chris Osgood's got nothing to do, right?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to bet they contacted Osgood. Perhaps if he were eligible for post season play he would have considered.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Tampa Bay lost Garon to injury tonight so you never know.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Does anyone claim Turco??": [QUOTE]If no team picks him up, isn't that a message in itself? Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE] If I were you....the last thing a Canucks should be doing, is making fun of an opposing teams goaltending situation....especially Bostons. Remember, who you have as your NO.1.... I'm afraid,the joke is on you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Does anyone claim Turco??": If I were you....the last thing a Canucks should be doing, is making fun of an opposing teams goaltending situation....especially Bostons. Remember, who you have as your NO.1.... I'm afraid,the joke is on you.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

I wasn't "making fun" (believe me, you'd know it if I was). I was simply observing that the waiver system allows any team lower than the Bruins to claim a veteran -- if no team thinks Turco can help them, then how much value do you think he'll have to the Bruins?  Frankly, my comment is pretty mild, compared to some I've read from Bruins fans about this move.

I wish the B's would go on a 5-game winning streak, 'cause the way they're playing now has you guys in a crabby mood.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Hopefully Turco makes it through waivers and is in good enough shape to play a few games until Khudobin is well enough to get a few starts before the playoffs.  Thomas appears to need a rest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Oh leave 49 alone already. I've said more critical things about the Bruins on a routine basis. Yes, he's an idiot Canucks fan, but he's also a fellow citizen (a neighbour if you will) and he has never been rude on here ( which is more than I can say for half of the Bruins fans on this site). Yes he's a twit, but he's a nice and polite twit. No reason to jump on him. If you want to complain about Canucks fans, come join me and Looch in East Van for a week. 49 is a gentleman in comparison.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]He's the best of a bad set of options for backup. No other team in the league is in Boston's position right now (a playoff spot, but no backup goalie heading down the stretch with an aging starter with a history of hip problems) No other NHL team really needs Turco right now.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

ottawa maybe?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone claim Turco?? : ottawa maybe?
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

Bishop looked okay last night and Lehner shutout the Bruins. I'm thinking they'll stick with the kids until Anderson gets healthy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I know Turco may be a little rusty, but he can fill in fine as backup to give TT a rest. Besides, I cant see him being any worse off than the TT or TR. The B's have been a little shaky and TT's performances arent where we know he can play. Come playoffs, things better come around for the B's or they will be in trouble.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Chiarelli was on the Sports Hub this morning.  He said that even if Turco gets claimed he would not be able to play for the acquiring team, he can only actually suit up for the Bruins.  Therefore, a claiming team would be claiming him strictly to block the Bruins.  They would have to pay him to sit in the press box. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Chiarelli was on the Sports Hub this morning.  He said that even if Turco gets claimed he would not be able to play for the acquiring team, he can only actually suit up for the Bruins.  Therefore, a claiming team would be claiming him strictly to block the Bruins.  They would have to pay him to sit in the press box. 
    Posted by inflamedcolon[/QUOTE]

Didn't know this. Thanks . Good info .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Also, Khudobin is due to start skating in the next couple of days.  He was injured a week and a half ago, and it was said it would be 3-4 weeks.  So he's only about 2 weeks from returning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Chiarelli was on the Sports Hub this morning.  He said that even if Turco gets claimed he would not be able to play for the acquiring team, he can only actually suit up for the Bruins.  Therefore, a claiming team would be claiming him strictly to block the Bruins.  They would have to pay him to sit in the press box. 
    Posted by inflamedcolon[/QUOTE]
    That's odd, in the NHL article ( http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=620840#&navid=nhl-search ) he says : 
    "The fact a goalie like that is available after the trade deadline, we're fortunate to a certain degree," Chiarelli said Tuesday before the Bruins played the Maple Leafs. "But there are other teams that need some goaltending help also. I'd say it's 50-50 that he'll clear waivers."
    Weird.  I guess we will find out the answer to the waiver claim in 10 minutes.