Does anyone claim Turco??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: Does anyone claim Turco??

It's 600,000 to block a decent back up goalie from going to a team that is within reach of you and has a goalie that looks like he needs a rest...

If I'm the Senators owner, I would write that 600,000-dollar check right now...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

BOSTON (CBS) – On Wednesday, the Boston Bruins will find out if goaltender Marty Turco has cleared waivers and can join the team for the rest of the regular season.

As of early Wednesday morning, general manager Peter Chiarelli had not heard of any opposing teams putting in a claim on Turco.

“That would be disappointing, because they wouldn’t be able to play Marty. You’re not only hurting us, which I understand the competitive urges, but you have a player here trying to prolong his career,” Chiarelli told 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Toucher and Rich.

“If a team wants to pick up the tab on his salary just to make us a little less, that’s fine,” said Chiarelli.

The Bruins will find out at noon if Turco has officially cleared waivers. If a team makes a claim on him, Turco would not even be able to play for them since he did not sign before the trade deadline. One team that is rumored to possibly put in a claim to block the B’s from landing Turco is the Ottawa Senators, who Chiarelli worked for before taking over the Bruins.

When asked if he would take it personally if Ottawa put in a claim on Turco, Chiarelli said, “Yeah, I guess I would.”

If a team does put in a claim though, Chiarelli is confident in the B’s third string goaltender, Anton Khudobin, to step up and fill the void left by Tuukka Rak’s injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Turco cleared and is at practice

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's pretty much what Murray has said, although they've assigned Lehner now - the Bishop move was all about keeping Lehner in Binghamton for another Calder run.  They now have too many goalies as it is, even with Anderson out.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them waive Auld once Anderson's back.

As for Turco, biggest reason no one will sign him is he's a back-up at best and no one is looking for a veteran back-up right now.  Teams that need goaltending (like the Lightning) need a starter, and Turco isn't a starter any more.  Most playoff teams have their serviceable back up - MacDonald or Conklin, Emery, Biron, Johnson, Schneider, LaBarbera, Eliot, Greiss, even Lindback - all these guys are better than Turco.  The only reason to grab him would be to stick it to Chiarelli, and that would be the kind of bush move that means your colleagues don't pick up the phone when you call.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone claim Turco??:
    Turco cleared and is at practice
    Posted by moogfan35

They didn't put him on the roster on their website yet.
    The Bruins should really get their act together with the website they have.

Any idea of what number he wears?  I always like to see goalies where 35.  Tony Espo was the first goalie I liked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'd laugh if he took #1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Oh leave 49 alone already. I've said more critical things about the Bruins on a routine basis. Yes, he's an idiot Canucks fan, but he's also a fellow citizen (a neighbour if you will) and he has never been rude on here ( which is more than I can say for half of the Bruins fans on this site). Yes he's a twit, but he's a nice and polite twit. No reason to jump on him. If you want to complain about Canucks fans, come join me and Looch in East Van for a week. 49 is a gentleman in comparison.
    Posted by red75

Thanks, red -- I don't think I've ever felt as good while being called a twit! Wink

(I've certainly been called worse!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone claim Turco?? : Thanks, red -- I don't think I've ever felt as good while being called a twit! (I've certainly been called worse!)
    Posted by 49-North

And also don't forget an "idiot Canucks fan".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'd laugh if he took #1
    Posted by lambda13

It seems you get your laugh!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It's 600,000 to block a decent back up goalie from going to a team that is within reach of you and has a goalie that looks like he needs a rest... If I'm the Senators owner, I would write that 600,000-dollar check right now...
    Posted by mannyortez3424

Ah, thats what I was trying to say. That said, welcome aboard Marty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Marty couldn't get claimed by his mom. But here's why the B's signed him.
    #GoaliesGPMinsWLSOLSOGAGAASVSSV%
    30Anton Khudobin402358:031917321022.6011650.919
    33Michael Hutchinson (X)181008:1361101442.625080.920

Neither Slavsky or Hutch have exactly excelled at the AHL level. Although Khudobin does have a handful of NHL games under his belt and played well, he has looked just okay wearing the spoked P. Maybe he elevates for the better competition of the NHL? Hutch has looked steady but just barely okay and unspectaclular when I've seen him and his numbers seem to bear that out. Marty is here because he's a known entity and can probably still play a few cherry-picked games and fare well. At least he isn't going to be intimidated by the big leagues like 2 inexperienced goalies might. There is a big drop-off from TT to either Khudobin or Hutch at this point, maybe not quite as big with Turco.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone claim Turco?? : It seems you get your laugh! http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8460612
    Posted by DrCC

Haha win!

I was thinking that if he was in Vancouver and riding the bench with a 1 on his back the picture would be just right!

Sorry had to make the Luongo dig. It's funny because I almost kinda feel bad for Lou.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

BOSTON (CBS) – On Wednesday, the Boston Bruins will find out if goaltender Marty Turco has cleared waivers and can join the team for the rest of the regular season. As of early Wednesday morning, general manager Peter Chiarelli had not heard of any opposing teams putting in a claim on Turco. “That would be disappointing, because they wouldn’t be able to play Marty. You’re not only hurting us, which I understand the competitive urges, but you have a player here trying to prolong his career,” Chiarelli told 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Toucher and Rich . “If a team wants to pick up the tab on his salary just to make us a little less, that’s fine,” said Chiarelli. The Bruins will find out at noon if Turco has officially cleared waivers. If a team makes a claim on him, Turco would not even be able to play for them since he did not sign before the trade deadline. One team that is rumored to possibly put in a claim to block the B’s from landing Turco is the Ottawa Senators, who Chiarelli worked for before taking over the Bruins. When asked if he would take it personally if Ottawa put in a claim on Turco, Chiarelli said, “Yeah, I guess I would.” If a team does put in a claim though, Chiarelli is confident in the B’s third string goaltender, Anton Khudobin, to step up and fill the void left by Tuukka Rak’s injury.
    Posted by inflamedcolon

From ESPN:
    The Bruins signed Turco, 36, to a one-year, prorated contract worth $600,000 on Monday, after Bruins backup goalie Tuukka Rask suffered a groin/abdominal injury on Saturday. 1 But even if another team had claimed Turco, he would have been ineligible to play. When Boston signed Turco, Chiarelli placed him on the team's reserve list. Players who are transferred from one reserve list to another after the trade deadline are ineligible to play for the remainder of the season and the playoffs.

-

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone claim Turco?? : They didn't put him on the roster on their website yet. The Bruins should really get their act together with the website they have. Any idea of what number he wears?  I always like to see goalies where 35.  Tony Espo was the first goalie I liked.
    Posted by BadHabitude

He is going to be #1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

BOSTON (CBS) – On Wednesday, the Boston Bruins will find out if goaltender Marty Turco has cleared waivers and can join the team for the rest of the regular season. As of early Wednesday morning, general manager Peter Chiarelli had not heard of any opposing teams putting in a claim on Turco. “That would be disappointing, because they wouldn’t be able to play Marty. You’re not only hurting us, which I understand the competitive urges, but you have a player here trying to prolong his career,” Chiarelli told 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Toucher and Rich . “If a team wants to pick up the tab on his salary just to make us a little less, that’s fine,” said Chiarelli. The Bruins will find out at noon if Turco has officially cleared waivers. If a team makes a claim on him, Turco would not even be able to play for them since he did not sign before the trade deadline. One team that is rumored to possibly put in a claim to block the B’s from landing Turco is the Ottawa Senators, who Chiarelli worked for before taking over the Bruins. When asked if he would take it personally if Ottawa put in a claim on Turco, Chiarelli said, “Yeah, I guess I would.” If a team does put in a claim though, Chiarelli is confident in the B’s third string goaltender, Anton Khudobin, to step up and fill the void left by Tuukka Rak’s injury.
    Posted by inflamedcolon

In other words for a team to claim Turco, that GM would really have to have it in for the B's to play such a d**chebag move.

Anyone know if PC is sleeping with another GM's wife or anything?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Marty couldn't get claimed by his mom. But here's why the B's signed him. # Goalies GP Mins W L SOL SO GA GAA SVS SV% 30 Anton Khudobin 40 2358:03 19 17 3 2 102 2.60 1165 0.919 33 Michael Hutchinson (X) 18 1008:13 6 11 0 1 44 2.62 508 0.920 Neither Slavsky or Hutch have exactly excelled at the AHL level. Although Khudobin does have a handful of NHL games under his belt and played well, he has looked just okay wearing the spoked P. Posted by WalkTheLine

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=top_goalies&season_id=

Weary is right WLH as the P-Bruins "D" is B A D. I'd have to say for the minutes Khudobin has logged 2358:03 and shots he's faced 1267 (only Bishop of Binghampton has faced more) .919 % is pretty darn good.

Chiarelli has Anton signed to a one-way contract next year so he's pretty high on him. Like you said we shall see...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone claim Turco?? : From ESPN: The Bruins signed Turco, 36, to a one-year, prorated contract worth $600,000 on Monday, after Bruins backup goalie Tuukka Rask suffered a groin/abdominal injury on Saturday. 1 But even if another team had claimed Turco, he would have been ineligible to play. When Boston signed Turco, Chiarelli placed him on the team's reserve list. Players who are transferred from one reserve list to another after the trade deadline are ineligible to play for the remainder of the season and the playoffs. -
    Posted by inflamedcolon

Thanks for the clarification!  So either the NHL quote was out of context, or Chiarelli wasn't paying attention to what he was saying then.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd laugh if he took #1
    Posted by lambda13

Start laughing

Sections
Shortcuts