Does anyone have...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Does anyone have...

a link when Adam Oates scored in OT against the Sabers in the 92 play-offs against Tommy Draper? There's some guys at work (younger than me) that doesn't believe that's how he scored it! A nice case of beer from them if I can prove it. I've looked everywhere on you tube & googled it. There's nothing.
    Also, out of all the hockey I've watched over the years. I don't remember seeing that kind of goal scored in any league. I had one go off the post on me once. If it would've been on net he would've scored because he caught me napping on the draw. Does anyone know, or remember anyone else pulling this off? Even Fred Cusick didn't make his big SCOOORES, because Sanderson was talking while the draw was being taken & nobody could believe it went it! It was a delayed reaction for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Re: Does anyone have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-2fGVnJ1sQ at 11:23 is the goal, I believe you are refferring too!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

YEAAA BOIII! Thank You, Thank You! I typed 91-92 Play-offs Boston vs Buffalo, but I got nothing. Thanks Nota! Thx otalot! The only thing better than beer is free BEER!
    Have you ever heard if Oates planned this b4 he did it, or was it just a "I'm gonna try shooting this off the draw." as he was about to take it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone have...:
    [QUOTE]YEAAA BOIII! Thank You, Thank You! I typed 91-92 Play-offs Boston vs Buffalo, but I got nothing. Thanks Nota! Thx otalot! The only thing better than beer is free BEER! Have you ever heard if Oates planned this b4 he did it, or was it just a "I'm gonna try shooting this off the draw." as he was about to take it?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I would bet he planned it.  It's one of those 'standard' face off tricks.  I recall that Sanderson also scored one like that.  I can't remember any other Bruins doing it.  I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere in the league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Wowza , great find! Although not Freddy and Turk on the call I have to believe you are correct that Derek was probably rambling on about something on the WSBK version of that goal. Not even enough time for his "...hey-hey." Cool blast from the past, thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well, I'm not old enough to remember the Turk scoring one. I just don't remember seeing any other one by any other team let alone the B's. Even in the high flying 80's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Re: Does anyone have...hem a run, as evidenced by this

LOL. I am not that old nitemare! Although my confirmation name is Derek, much to the chagrin of the good Sisters at the time. Although I think the bishop kind of got a kick out of it. Anyway, the Turk was a big hit around here as even in his playing days he had his own talk show on the old Channel 38, chain smoking and drinking some beverage for half an hour or so. He bought a sweet Rolls Royce when the B's trained in Fitchburg. And they all hit the bars with the locals back then, although I was a bit young for that. Those 70's B's ruled the roost, but the late eighties and early ninties guys gave them a run, as evidenced by Oates goal. OK, sorry back to 2010.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I remember that goal, it was awsome, great reminder thanks. Oates was an awsome player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone have...:
    [QUOTE]YEAAA BOIII! Thank You, Thank You! I typed 91-92 Play-offs Boston vs Buffalo, but I got nothing. Thanks Nota! Thx otalot! The only thing better than beer is free BEER! Have you ever heard if Oates planned this b4 he did it, or was it just a "I'm gonna try shooting this off the draw." as he was about to take it?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]No problem, always happy too help get free beer. If you notice Oates feet, and stick position, you can tell he planned it the whole way!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's amazing how big the nets look when you have goalies that aren't wearing stuff that they got from Barry and Elliot.

Sections
Shortcuts