Does anyone know who the Bad Idea girl is?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Does anyone know who the Bad Idea girl is?

Some of them are funny, and well, some just look good on the girl. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Does anyone know who the Bad Idea girl is?

Either Dez or Chowda.  Not sure which.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxPF9AeHznE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm lost on this one. What's a bad idea girl ? Never heard of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm lost on this one. What's a bad idea girl ? Never heard of it.

[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  

I'm familiar with Bad Idea jeans...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/10310

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Do you guys not get the Ad for Bad Idea Tshirts? It's usually just to the right of our Posts. A cute girl with a TeeShirt saying - Future Trophy Wife. ??? 

Today there is a starbucks ad and one for the MJHL AllStar Game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I use adblock so I don't see the girl you speak of

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The ads depend on your market and maybe even you ISP. Technology allows you to be targeted with specific ads that your user istory indicates you might be interested in. Some ads are universal though, and we will all see them. The Bad Idea stuff is probably only seen by some of us as I haven't seen them and it's clear that others haven't as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Do you guys not get the Ad for Bad Idea Tshirts? It's usually just to the right of our Posts. A cute girl with a TeeShirt saying - Future Trophy Wife. ??? 

Not to give you a hard time but the ads you see are generally correlated to your browsing history... They pick up on what you frequently look at and cater towards that. If you're seeing a bad idea girl and starbucks it probably means you looked at some type of coffee maker or something recently and... well... yea. I usually see Audi ads, watches and Cape Ann Savings Bank. I have no idea where they got the watches and bank but I was car shopping awhile back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Not to give you a hard time but the ads you see are generally correlated to your browsing history... They pick up on what you frequently look at and cater towards that. If you're seeing a bad idea girl and starbucks it probably means you looked at some type of coffee maker or something recently and... well... yea. I usually see Audi ads, watches and Cape Ann Savings Bank. I have no idea where they got the watches and bank but I was car shopping awhile back.

Yep, you got it. I am currently seing a Verizon Wireless ad as I was just shopping for a new phone. And a local financial services ad which I think is just because of where I am.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

They're watching.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you guys are seeing ads, you're being tracked.  Do you like companies to know what you do online?  I have a Firefox add-on call Abine Do Not Track.  It eliminates companies abilities to follow you around the web.

I also use "Ad-Block Plus" as an extension with Firefox.  99% of all ads are removed.

It's how the internet should be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to 86redsox's comment:

They're watching.

They sure are. My wife's previous job was with a company that allowed the cable industry to better track your viewing habits so they could target ads, and therefore charge more of course. You and I could live next to each other and have the same cable provider. We could be watching the same program, let's say 60 Minutes. Commercial time hits and I see an ad for Purina Dog Chow and you see an ad for Depends because I watch alot of Animal PLanet and you watch alot of the Nostalgia Channel.

NAS has some good advice there which works for your online experience but right now there is nothing you can do about it regarding TV. Other than shutting it off or DVR/TIVO everything and FF through the ads.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If you guys are seeing ads, you're being tracked.  Do you like companies to know what you do online?  I have a Firefox add-on call Abine Do Not Track.  It eliminates companies abilities to follow you around the web.

I also use "Ad-Block Plus" as an extension with Firefox.  99% of all ads are removed.

...and also Troll Free.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

http://www.rd.com/health/wellness/19-ways-to-enhance-your-sense-of-humor/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

You guys are killing me with these links. I dare not click any during work.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The Bad Idea Girl is my 18 month old daughter...I have her during the day as I work nights mostly and the wife works..It's my own kid and yet I still feel like I should be paid for babysitting...cracks me up everyday though!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

The Bad Idea Girl is my 18 month old daughter...I have her during the day as I work nights mostly and the wife works..It's my own kid and yet I still feel like I should be paid for babysitting...cracks me up everyday though!

LOL. I know what you mean. My little one is 3 1/2 and she is T R O U B L E. Love her dearly, and she's really funny, but her sisters call her a Tic. As in a bug. 

I have been looking for Bruins Shirts and specifically a Bruins Cap for my 7 tr old, so maybe that is why I get the ads. The girl is super hot. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Thanks, I'll have to look for one that works with Chrome. If not, I'll change to Firefox and ad Abine. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Perry, ad-block is available for chrome. Should be able to find it, I have it :)

Completely changes the internet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Oh ok ........ then the answer to Badhab's question would be dez.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

http://www.rd.com/health/wellness/19-ways-to-enhance-your-sense-of-humor/

I didn't check out your link. I figure if you think a Readers Digest article will help you be funny then you're probably already out of luck. I applaud your efforts though (if not your results).

Sections
Shortcuts