Does anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Does anyone?

Else out there have Center Ice on their TV in Canada? Has there been quite a lot of the B's games blacked out. So far, I've had 4. Being in the West, it doesn't make much sense to black out a game of an Eastern Conference team.

Also, does the Center Ice Package have better coverage on the computer? Is there less blackouts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Does anyone?

Hey nite.

I got the package on computer. One the main advantages is that I can select the home or away feed. Although I live in Panama, I have had a couple of games blacked out (weird since there's not much hockey in Central America!). I simply toggle to the other feed and it works.

Also is great when the B's are on the road. I don't have to watch or listen to another team's commetary. I simply select Boston feed and voila.... Jack Edwards!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Does anyone?:
    [QUOTE]Else out there have Center Ice on their TV in Canada? Has there been quite a lot of the B's games blacked out. So far, I've had 4. Being in the West, it doesn't make much sense to black out a game of an Eastern Conference team. Also, does the Center Ice Package have better coverage on the computer? Is there less blackouts?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

nite, I have the pkg and there are no black out games.  Last nights B's game was on CBC.  Love the NHL pkg. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I have it on my computer as well nite. Have the same issue as RonStar - if one gets blacked out I can switch feeds. Haven't had any problems with the B's yet, though there's been two games for the Jets where both feeds were blocked, but those were both national games, so I just watched them on the tube.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I live in Ontario and if the game is on CBC in any region, it is blacked out on Center Ice.  The statement that comes up sayd that the game is available in my local area but it wasn't through my local cable.  Ridiculous!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I'm in the same situation, last year I got every NESN feed but I have missed 4-5 games so far this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Ok Thx everybody.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone?:
    [QUOTE]Ok Thx everybody.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Nite, my brother just switched to the online package for the same reasons you've mentioned. It's also 10 bucks a month cheaper and the feed is still in HD.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

You can avoid all these blackouts by subscribing to GameCentre Live and having a bunch of US proxies to change your network connection when the game is blacked out in your area.

You will never miss a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I have the Super Sport package from Rogers (Ontario) which includes Center Ice. So far, haven't been disappointed, as the games are either on Center Ice, TSN or CBC. $30/month gets you NHL, NFL, OHL, MLB.......and NBA I believe (when they're playing ;-))

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I have Centre Ice from Comcast, and only have blackouts when MASN has the game, or Versus. Versus threw us a curve when they switched from the Bruins game to Crosby's first game, but did have the bruins on another channel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Ok. I'm convinced. Computer package it is. I'll keep the TV one & watch when I can there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have the Center Ice package (tv) in Colorado and would echo shupe -- I am always surprised to hear this as I cannot recall a game being blacked out.  The only times I have had any trouble is when the games are shown on NBC, Verses, or the NHL Network, but all of those channels come with my basic tv package so I haven't had to miss a game.  Usually I can get the NESN feed, but if that is blacked out I can still always find the game somewhere. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone?:
    [QUOTE]You can avoid all these blackouts by subscribing to GameCentre Live and having a bunch of US proxies to change your network connection when the game is blacked out in your area. You will never miss a game.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Shhhhh!! :-)

Sections
Shortcuts