Does CJ know what timeout means?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Does CJ know what timeout means?

The guy is killing me with the inability to know when to use a timeout. After the 2nd goal clearly the Bruins needed one to regroup. Restrategize against their setup, get the players attention etc. Instead he does nothing and states in interviews (flashback vs Flyers) that a timeout was never needed in the first place. 

I wish we had a new modern coach like Guy Boucher. Its sickening to watch the Bruins scared for the lives 1st two periods (like 5 games in a row now) and finally coming out in the third. 

He keeps messing around with lineups when he should just leave the ones that have been working. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Does CJ know what timeout means?

I thought the same thing.  After the 2nd goal was a picture perfect time to use a timeout.  The Bruins were not competing at all for the first two periods.  Something, maybe a timeout, a fight, something could have been done to get these guys going.  It almost pissed me off the way the suddenly turned it on with 10 minutes left...what were they waiting for...?

I know it's just one game...but it was a frustrating one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Does CJ know how to coach at all?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I really don't understand the shuffling of the lines for this game.  Seguin Ryder Wheeler was by far the best line on the ice in the LA game, why mess with it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It is frustrating to watch. Start with Chara-lousy; then Horton- sound asleep;then Recchi- getting older;then Ryder-not in it,lucky goal;then Thornton-terrible game; then Marchand, Hunwick,Stuart. There must be a reason so many players are out of synch. Stamkos should not have scored, Chara just stood there??? The tip-in goal= Seids missed the guy in front; third goal was flukey, but no D on the scorer. Tampa skated rings around the Bruins and poke checked every move into the offensive zone. Do you think their coach had something to do with the way they played???  Nate Thompson, another Versteeg??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Bogie6, CJ has no answer for speed and skill. Chara was terrible and slow on just about every play and decision he made. Horton has been asleep for awhile and that is scary when you consider he was the difference in this team early. This team has the mindset of CJ and that just won't cut it when facing teams like the Lightning that push the B's D to the limit. Recchi is way, way to slow to be out there for the TOI that he is getting. His minutes should be around 9 per game. Boucher had CJ's number last night for sure. That is exactly why this team could have the best record in the NHL but when push comes to shove, CJ will always get out coached.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Does CJ know what timeout means?:
    [QUOTE] That is exactly why this team could have the best record in the NHL but when push comes to shove, CJ will always get out coached.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Usually does seem that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I don't have a problem with an off night every once in awhile.  However, when you don't have your A game, somebody needs to step it up with the fisticuffs to try and get a spark.  At least go down with a little fight.  CJ=Wade Phillips

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

CJ doesn't use Time outs because he doesn't make strategic changes on the fly! It's a system that has one rule! Keep playing the system. When the other team isn't able to get to the holes of the "system" it works GREAT, but when the team is able to find the holes & break the "system" that's where CJ gets into trouble. This team is too robotic for my liking. It's getting old & the other teams are getting better at finding the holes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Nice to see others are finally seeing what Ive been seeing for the past few years.  I wasnt happy when they brought him in, Im still not happy.  CJ is NOT a leader.  He is a planner, and when the plan is shot to sh*t, f*ckit, keep going with the plan.  He seems so clueless half the time, and it shows through the players:  When guys like Lucic, Horton, Chara, Bergeron and Recchi look lost out there, its coming from the top down.

Sections
Shortcuts