Does Fehr know something we don't...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Does Fehr know something we don't...

He did that in baseball, ruined the Expos greatest season and that team never recovered from the damage of the strike forcing them to eventually move. I completely agree with the owners not going that route.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Sandog, doesn't JJ and Delaware North have concession rights in many sports facilities in NA?

The answer is all over the world, as a Delaware North employee at Camden Yards every year we see the places we do busines in. One of them is the All-England Tennis and Croquet Club(Wimblendon), we do ruby areanas in Austrila.

We have the O's, Twins, Brewers, Diamondsbacks and probably others, also we work for the Chicago Bears and Arizona Cardinals in the NFL.

He is not missing a thing with this lockout.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to lostinbaltimore's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sandog, doesn't JJ and Delaware North have concession rights in many sports facilities in NA?

The answer is all over the world, as a Delaware North employee at Camden Yards every year we see the places we do busines in. One of them is the All-England Tennis and Croquet Club(Wimblendon), we do ruby areanas in Austrila.

We have the O's, Twins, Brewers, Diamondsbacks and probably others, also we work for the Chicago Bears and Arizona Cardinals in the NFL.

He is not missing a thing with this lockout.

[/QUOTE]

You could cancel this NHL season and two more and JJ wouldn't break a sweat. He also has the concession contract for Yellowstone National Park, racetracks, Soccer stadiums in Europe and much more. Don't worry about Jacobs, i'm sure he'll be able to pay his bills.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not to mention the food contracts for 30 international airports and a partnership with Sky Chefs which caters for 300 airlines. He's not even going to blink at the NHL arena revenue losses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not to mention the food contracts for 30 international airports and a partnership with Sky Chefs which caters for 300 airlines. He's not even going to blink at the NHL arena revenue losses.

[/QUOTE]

Forgot about the airports........

It's about pride now and he's not going to give in the Fehr because of money that's for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks Sandog etc.  My point in asking is Fehr is aware of Jacobs financial might. ConsequentlyFehr /NHLPA have conceivably push JJ's buddy Bettman to perform tirades and it does expalin partially the Ryan Miller/JJ joust last week.  I am wondering if the season was canceled who would take most of the blame JJ or Fehr?, from what I understand especially in Canada, it will be JJ.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The percentages he makes off stadium concessions is much lower that the $3M he makes a game in Boston becuase you guessed it...Unions are involved. Concession workers at most of the staduims make around $18 an hour and depending on the state, the employees get health benefits negoitated. Jacobs doesn't own 100% of Delaware North he owns a % of it, so losing NHL 41 home games does hurt.

Jacobs is not worth 12% of the US GDP like Rockefeller once was, he doesn't make a % off each pizza Little Ceasars makes like Ilitch does. I dought I would ever hear from a billionaire that $3M X 41 is ok to lose.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Has it been discussed that maybe guys like JJ and Synder don't want to deal with Fehr because of his non hockey background? I mean, Fehr is probably telling the players we got this and we can get that but hockey is not baseball in any streach of the imagination and the owners know this. The players do the playing but the owners do the marketing and the selling of the game and maybe "they" know something that Fehr doesn't know?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The percentages he makes off stadium concessions is much lower that the $3M he makes a game in Boston becuase you guessed it...Unions are involved. Concession workers at most of the staduims make around $18 an hour and depending on the state, the employees get health benefits negoitated. Jacobs doesn't own 100% of Delaware North he owns a % of it, so losing NHL 41 home games does hurt.

Jacobs is not worth 12% of the US GDP like Rockefeller once was, he doesn't make a % off each pizza Little Ceasars makes like Ilitch does. I dought I would ever hear from a billionaire that $3M X 41 is ok to lose.

[/QUOTE]

You are correct Sandog, but for a guy like JJ, winning the war is better than winning a battle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry San your wrong, we at Camden Yards are one of the highest paid unions in the north east. Nobody who works concession gets more than $10 an hour. Since it is seasonal work we don't get benefits. Furthermore, we use very few of our own employees at the concessions stands, we rent them out to non-for profits who get about 30% of the receipts at the stand. The other concession stands are rented to corporations they too only get a % of the receipts.

He's doing fine, by the way where did you get the 3 million a game figure?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/49009-NHLPA-exec-Mathieu-Schneider-The-conclusion-I-keep-coming-to-is-somehow-the-owners-do-not-want-to-deal-with-Don.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Schneider is so full of crap.  "“I cannot for the life of me understand why they want to be further apart each time. The CBA contract length is a perfect example. Their first offer was five years. We were at three and an option. We moved up to five years, they moved to six. In this last negotiation this past week, we moved up to six, they moved up to 10. There’s no rhyme or reason for it. The first time we heard 10 was about a week and a half ago when Murray Edwards threw it out at the end of one of the sessions. He said, ‘We’re willing to do a 10-year deal, guys, we think we should do a 10-year deal’. And Don (Fehr) said, ‘You think you should do a 10-year deal because it’s a great deal for you’. (Edwards) didn’t really have any response for that.”"

It's a 10 year deal to spread out the make whole money.  Of course he understands that.  There is no way that he doesn't.  That is just a pure lie from Schneider.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/49009-NHLPA-exec-Mathieu-Schneider-The-conclusion-I-keep-coming-to-is-somehow-the-owners-do-not-want-to-deal-with-Don.html

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link dez

P.S. that catch by Trout was one of the great defensive plays I've ever seen live. He was actually in left center before racing over to make the catch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

“The one thing I will that I will tell you is if the players give in now, that’s going to guarantee another lockout when this deal is up.”

The last few lines Schneider sums up the reason for the NHLPA stance.  The tactical rationale is if the NHLPA agreed to a 50/50 split of revenue, then the NHL agreed to make the "individual" contracts whole, then the best length in the CBA is 7 years.  Ten years is a win for the NHL according Fehr, and quite possibly the players.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Schneider is so full of crap.  "“I cannot for the life of me understand why they want to be further apart each time. The CBA contract length is a perfect example. Their first offer was five years. We were at three and an option. We moved up to five years, they moved to six. In this last negotiation this past week, we moved up to six, they moved up to 10. There’s no rhyme or reason for it. The first time we heard 10 was about a week and a half ago when Murray Edwards threw it out at the end of one of the sessions. He said, ‘We’re willing to do a 10-year deal, guys, we think we should do a 10-year deal’. And Don (Fehr) said, ‘You think you should do a 10-year deal because it’s a great deal for you’. (Edwards) didn’t really have any response for that.”"

It's a 10 year deal to spread out the make whole money.  Of course he understands that.  There is no way that he doesn't.  That is just a pure lie from Schneider.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody should be surprised that you're confused and I'm definitely not surprised that you've got nothing to add. Your attitude regarding this lockout is similar to that of a teenage girl left heartbroken at the dance. You've bitched constantly and then cried when asked to provide facts to back up your drivel. Interesting you'd refer to anyone else lying when your word is about as solid as single ply toilet paper and nowhere near as useful. Schneider isn't at all confused, nor is he lying about anything as you're pathetically attempting to imply by taking parts of his quotes out of context. Here's what he actually said in lead up to the 10 year CBA talk.

According to Schneider, the players’ growing frustration is borne of an ownership group he accused of constantly shifting the negotiating goalposts from the time talks began in the summer.

“It’s just been a moving target,” he said. “If you think back a couple weeks ago when we had the secret meetings at (league legal consulting firm) Proskauer (Rose), we went in there and we said, ‘We’re $182 million apart, guys, we should be able to get in a room and figure this out tonight.’ They came back in with this ridiculous set of numbers and they said, ‘No, we’re actually over $900 million apart.’

“I cannot for the life of me understand why they want to be further apart each time. The CBA contract length is a perfect example. Their first offer was five years. We were at three and an option. We moved up to five years, they moved to six. In this last negotiation this past week, we moved up to six, they moved up to 10. There’s no rhyme or reason for it. The first time we heard 10 was about a week and a half ago when Murray Edwards threw it out at the end of one of the sessions. He said, ‘We’re willing to do a 10-year deal, guys, we think we should do a 10-year deal’. And Don (Fehr) said, ‘You think you should do a 10-year deal because it’s a great deal for you’. (Edwards) didn’t really have any response for that.”

Schneider added that, despite reports of unrest in the NHLPA camp, nothing could be further from the truth.

“(Players) are angry, but they also understand that we’ve done everything that we can, every step of the way and nothing’s going to change (owners’) mindset,” he said. “The one thing I will that I will tell you is if the players give in now, that’s going to guarantee another lockout when this deal is up.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link dez

P.S. that catch by Trout was one of the great defensive plays I've ever seen live. He was actually in left center before racing over to make the catch.

[/QUOTE]

I think they might be still talking about that catch 50 years from now. Sounds like you might've seen Brooks Robinson play if that catch by Trout is just one of the best. I forgot, Cal Ripken was decent too wasn't he? Cheers!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

$18 an hour?  Is the "1" a typo there or are you high?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

$18 an hour?  Is the "1" a typo there or are you high?

[/QUOTE]

$18/hour to flip burgers and hot dogs ? Lousy negotiating ! Don Fehr could have gotten them more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Jacobs family does, which JJ is the head of, whichever way you slice it he owns the majority of Delaware North.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

JJ is ranked @ 151 on the Forbes list of wealthiest Americans with a Net Worth of $2.7B. 

http://www.forbes.com/profile/jeremy-jacobs/

50below nails it with "for a guy like JJ, winning the war is better than winning a battle."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JJ is ranked @ 151 on the Forbes list of wealthiest Americans with a Net Worth of $2.7B. 

http://www.forbes.com/profile/jeremy-jacobs/

50below nails it with "for a guy like JJ, winning the war is better than winning a battle."

[/QUOTE]

It's a decent guess, but without actually talking to him about it, it's all guesswork.

No one can really know how he views it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sorry San your wrong, we at Camden Yards are one of the highest paid unions in the north east. Nobody who works concession gets more than $10 an hour. Since it is seasonal work we don't get benefits. Furthermore, we use very few of our own employees at the concessions stands, we rent them out to non-for profits who get about 30% of the receipts at the stand. He's doing fine, by the way where did you get the 3 million a game figure?

"Unions are involved. Concession workers at most of the staduims make around $18 an hour and depending on the state."

No apologies neccasary. I mentioned depending on the state not "every state". At Petco Park the concession workers make $18Hr because of the unions, same one I had to be a member of to work at the Del Mar Race Track. I got partial health benefits during the season same as working at Qualcomm Stadium.

I got $3M in losses per game off the web, the same place I had to go to to apply to be  union member in order to work at a concession making more than $8 or $10 an hour when I was at school.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The Jacobs family does, which JJ is the head of, whichever way you slice it he owns the majority of Delaware North.

Yes he is the CEO but is not the sole proprietor which means he has investors that he has to keep wanting to help Deleware North grow and make more money. Whether it is Sky Chief at airports he has to deal with Unions, ballparks unions or indoor arenas his yearly money income gets diluted down. Especially with his taxes about to go from 35% to 39%.

I didn't say the man was broke but missing 41 games of income doesn't allow him to invest more. Doubtful JJ invests his $2.7B fortune, I'm sure he just uses his profits to reinvest which are not coming in when baseball isn't around for a few months and Fehr is in his side.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Manny Malhotra speaks the truth.

"..coming from where we have and going in their [owners'] direction all summer long and having no reciprocation on their part, I dont think splitting the difference at this point would be in fact splitting it,” it would be us conceding more to them."

Jacobs and the owners are the reason this thing has gone on as long as it has.  Their opening offer pretty much sums up their approach.  They don't want hockey unless the money works, their way.

The only thing they have conceded on is the make whole money. And, that was a $1 million win for them.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/malhotra-says-getting-a-deal-done-isnt-as-easy-as-it-seems/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The first number was 54% to the owners and 46% to the players for HRR.

With the owners wanting a 10 year CBA, that 4% is a tremendous amount.

But, you know, to someone like Manny Malhotra, that is nothing.