Does Fehr know something we don't...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: Does Fehr know something we don't...

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The first number was 54% to the owners and 46% to the players for HRR.

With the owners wanting a 10 year CBA, that 4% is a tremendous amount.

But, you know, to someone like Manny Malhotra, that is nothing.

The first number was 57% to the owners, and 43% to the players for HRR.  The 54-46 split you're referring to, was  smoke and mirrors, as it was calculated using a misleading "new" formula. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In 2009, I went to an Aussie Football match at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Australia. Wouldn't you know - Jeremy Jacobs has the concession and hospitality rights there, too.

The Hand of Jeremy extends everyhwere, ladies and gentlemen.

See the Jacobs World Map:  http://www.delawarenorth.com/map.aspx?mapvar=Sports%20Venues

Sandog, you worked at Del Mar! My favourite track! I applied there in 1996 for mutuels clerk, but couldn't get a Green Card.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to lostinbaltimore's comment:

Sorry San your wrong, we at Camden Yards are one of the highest paid unions in the north east. Nobody who works concession gets more than $10 an hour. Since it is seasonal work we don't get benefits. Furthermore, we use very few of our own employees at the concessions stands, we rent them out to non-for profits who get about 30% of the receipts at the stand. He's doing fine, by the way where did you get the 3 million a game figure?

"Unions are involved. Concession workers at most of the staduims make around $18 an hour and depending on the state."

No apologies neccasary. I mentioned depending on the state not "every state". At Petco Park the concession workers make $18Hr because of the unions, same one I had to be a member of to work at the Del Mar Race Track. I got partial health benefits during the season same as working at Qualcomm Stadium.

I got $3M in losses per game off the web, the same place I had to go to to apply to be  union member in order to work at a concession making more than $8 or $10 an hour when I was at school.

San, as a shop stewart and one of the people in the room bargining with Delaware North on our first contract two years ago, NO BODY is getting 18.00 an hour to flip burgers at a DNC ball park(WE saw their pay scale). They are paying me 18.25% a beer and their opening bid to us was 9%(That's what they pay there Midwest shops). It wasn't till we proved that our sitting contract ARMARK paid us 18% and Federal law demanded that they honor it or rewrite it and we said sure but at the end of the 5 year deal we wanted 20%. We got a 3 year deal for 18.25% for all 3 years. Trust me DNC pays crap for working there.

I'd look a little harder into that 3 million a game, because I can tell you DNC cash reciepts after the two playoff game with the Yankees in October was roughly 500,000 and the card card reciepts were slightly better. I know this because when our contract runs out after this year this topic will be brought up front and center.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sorry San your wrong, we at Camden Yards are one of the highest paid unions in the north east. Nobody who works concession gets more than $10 an hour. Since it is seasonal work we don't get benefits. Furthermore, we use very few of our own employees at the concessions stands, we rent them out to non-for profits who get about 30% of the receipts at the stand. He's doing fine, by the way where did you get the 3 million a game figure?

"Unions are involved. Concession workers at most of the staduims make around $18 an hour and depending on the state."

No apologies neccasary. I mentioned depending on the state not "every state". At Petco Park the concession workers make $18Hr because of the unions, same one I had to be a member of to work at the Del Mar Race Track. I got partial health benefits during the season same as working at Qualcomm Stadium.

I got $3M in losses per game off the web, the same place I had to go to to apply to be  union member in order to work at a concession making more than $8 or $10 an hour when I was at school.

San, as a shop stewart and one of the people in the room bargining with Delaware North on our first contract two years ago, NO BODY is getting 18.00 an hour to flip burgers at a DNC ball park(WE saw their pay scale). They are paying me 18.25% a beer and their opening bid to us was 9%(That's what they pay there Midwest shops). It wasn't till we proved that our sitting contract ARMARK paid us 18% and Federal law demanded that they honor it or rewrite it and we said sure but at the end of the 5 year deal we wanted 20%. We got a 3 year deal for 18.25% for all 3 years. Trust me DNC pays crap for working there.

I'd look a little harder into that 3 million a game, because I can tell you DNC cash reciepts after the two playoff game with the Yankees in October was roughly 500,000 and the card card reciepts were slightly better. I know this because when our contract runs out after this year this topic will be brought up front and center.

I think, and let me know San if I'm wrong...San was referring to the overall pull of a game with the 3 million, not just the concessions...I saw it too. I'll try to find it, but I think it was counting ticket sales, concessions, television revenue per game (I know they dont get per game) ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I think, and let me know San if I'm wrong...San was referring to the overall pull of a game with the 3 million, not just the concessions...I saw it too. I'll try to find it, but I think it was counting ticket sales, concessions, television revenue per game (I know they dont get per game) ...

I agree Kelv it's all those things but I still think that's a little high......

P.S I'm from Braintree myself, class of 79

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment: [/QUOTE] I think, and let me know San if I'm wrong...San was referring to the overall pull of a game with the 3 million, not just the concessions...I saw it too. I'll try to find it, but I think it was counting ticket sales, concessions, television revenue per game (I know they dont get per game) ...[/QUOTE]

The article didn't mention parking, consessions nor television. Assuming that it might include everything is not way off, it makes sense.

Sections
Shortcuts