Does Keith get suspended? Should he?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Does Keith get suspended? Should he?

Accidental or not, he was trying to hit him with the stick and caught him in the mouth.

Do you guys think a suspension is coming?

http://bloguin.com/puckdrunklove/2013-articles/june/video-duncan-keith-slashes-jeff-carter-in-the-face.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Does Keith get suspended? Should he?

I think he gets a game

wreckless with intent.  

But with the nhl carter likely gets a gm for diving.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I was thinking he gets a game just on principal so people know you can't retaliate by slashing a guy up high. 

Then again I've given up trying to understand Shannahan.

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

He'll get a game, but Carter is such a d00sh.  For one, he tries to be slick by hitting Keith's glove while he tries to pick it up, and then he dives as if he was shot in the head mid-sprint by an M24 sniper rifle.  Punk move by Carter, dumb retalitory move by Keith.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I agree.  Carter came back and played so he will probably only get a game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Why would he get a game? He was only assessed a double minor penalty, which was the right call. Lots of players have been reckless with their sticks and cut people, some penalized, some not.

No reason whatsoever for a suspension on a garden variety double minor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

okay, let's just ignore soxfan because he doesn't know what he's talking about. My feeling is he deserves a game or two. To me this is way different than normal double minors for high sticking. The vast majority (and by that i mean arguably 100% in the last few years) of high sticking double minors have been very accidental. Mostly stuff like trying to lift the stick, catching the player up high and drawing blood. This was an attempted slash that went too high. Shanahan has a very difficult job. Honsetly I think he has done a pretty good job, but I have NO idea what will happen with this one. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He should get a game or two, but this is the NHL were talking about, so Shanahan might give Carter a game for huitting Keiths stick with his face.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No suspension... this is the Western Finals and no way would Shanny do that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

No suspension... this is the Western Finals and no way would Shanny do that.

It shouldn't matter if it's the Western finals or not, but you are probably right. The NHL's lack of consistency concerning potential suspensions is the norm. I feel he deserves a game, but it won't happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why are people calling Carter for diving?  Ever been popped in the mouth with a stick?  It can buckle your legs. That wasn't a soft glance.

This doesn't look much different than McSorley/Brashear.  One hand instead of two, upward motion instead of windup, but it's still a whack to the face with a stick.  I do not think that either player intended the outcome, but it happened anyway.

I expect Keith to get at least one game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No and no.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Absolutely not, he clearly didn't intend to catch him in the face, the intent was to get him back for the slash on his hands.

He got 4 minutes for slashing/high sticking which was the correct call. No supplemental discipline.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I thought the same thing, similar stick Brasheer got from McSorley .  Only difference is Carter came back and that usually means no suspension . 

Here's where it gets funny,  maybe because Richards got a concussion ,  and Bolland didn't get suspended as ruling came out before Richards got scratched I'm guessing Shanahan will take this into consideration giving Keith a game.  I know it sounds ridiculous but I've seen them suspend with reasoning beyond the actual action i.e. Lucic's hit on Rinaldo last season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i have no clue what shanny will actually rule. nobody does at this point. but how is this not clear intent to injure? a guy is skating away from you, and you swing your stick(with no deflection, or any other act of physics acting on you or the stick) intentionally into a players face,  this is borderline criminal. what's his excuse? oops, i didn't realize that swinging my stick at his head would result in my stick hitting him in the face? i'm surprised at a lot of the comments here.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Phone hearing at 130pm , I'm guessing he gets suspended

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

This is a question?! Of course it's a suspension! Look at it. It's as premeditated as it gets. A petulant, immature, entirely selfish and undisciplined slash to the face of an opponent.

If this isn't suspendable, then what is?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

This is a question?! Of course it's a suspension! Look at it. It's as premeditated as it gets. A petulant, immature, entirely selfish and undisciplined slash to the face of an opponent.

An elbow to the face?

It was reactionary and one-handed. I see no correlation to the Brasheer incident either. That was a baseball swing chop to the back of the head, this was meant to be a slash across the arm and Carter put his head down to skate back. He was not aiming for the head or intending to harm him like that. He was trying to match the slash Carter put on his un-gloved hand.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

In response to gord11's comment:

An elbow to the face?

It was reactionary and one-handed. I see no correlation to the Brasheer incident either. That was a baseball swing chop to the back of the head, this was meant to be a slash across the arm and Carter put his head down to skate back. He was not aiming for the head or intending to harm him like that. He was trying to match the slash Carter put on his un-gloved hand.

Marty was trying to hit Brashear in the shoulder and got the head instead.

Keith was trying to hit (where ever) and got the head instead.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

An elbow to the face?

This is why I think he may not get anything. This isn't like the Mike Green on Dorsett where Green had plenty of time to think about his actions. And as far as I'm concerned Carter deserved it! Luckily Keith's glove took the blunt of Carter's stick & not his hand. Both acted stupidly, but I can certainly see why Keith was pissed. I think a lot of us would've reacted the same way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

This is why I think he may not get anything. This isn't like the Mike Green on Dorsett where Green had plenty of time to think about his actions. And as far as I'm concerned Carter deserved it! Luckily Keith's glove took the blunt of Carter's stick & not his hand. Both acted stupidly, but I can certainly see why Keith was pissed. I think a lot of us would've reacted the same way.

This is the way I see it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Keith got one game just got a text from NHL .com

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I thought Cooke's hit on McQuaid was worse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Why are people calling Carter for diving?  Ever been popped in the mouth with a stick?  It can buckle your legs. That wasn't a soft glance.

This doesn't look much different than McSorley/Brashear.  One hand instead of two, upward motion instead of windup, but it's still a whack to the face with a stick.  I do not think that either player intended the outcome, but it happened anyway.

I expect Keith to get at least one game.

I was joking.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Why would he get a game? He was only assessed a double minor penalty, which was the right call. Lots of players have been reckless with their sticks and cut people, some penalized, some not.

No reason whatsoever for a suspension on a garden variety double minor.

Good call   Stick to anything but hockey.  

Sections
Shortcuts