Does Mario Have the Officials in his Back Pocket?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Does Mario Have the Officials in his Back Pocket?

Worth a quick read here.  That it's Walkom makes it even more intriguing.

http://senshot.com/2013/05/22/nhl-conflict-of-interest-game-3-referee-coached-mario-lemieuxs-daughter/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Does Mario Have the Officials in his Back Pocket?

Interesting!  I certainly hope not.  I loathe the Pens, and I think Mario has been a model of being a hyprocrite with the Savard/Crosby concussion stances.  Cooked conceptions. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If he coached Lemieux's daughter he probably got to know him, and now hates him for being such a d*uche.

Advantage Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Walkom lives in pitt. As i mentioned hes pretty tight with my buddies brother and i drank with him at a steelers game.  hes an animal.  Ive watched both pitt series and ive never seen a team get more calls and i hate when people complain about refs.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, Clifford.  He doesn't know the game.  Because that makes sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yeah, Clifford.  He doesn't know the game.  Because that makes sense.

I also found that statement to be somewhat puzzling. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I dont really get the uproar regarding the call during Game 7 the other night. I understand they let stuff go in the playoffs but a wrestling match right in front of the ref is a little hard to ignore. I think he called it because it didnt look like it was going to resolve itself also. Yes Saad got slammed but he hit Zetterberg right before that resulting in the scrum.

I dont think he looked at the players scrumming, then looked up the ice and saw a scoring oppurtunity and decided to blow his whistle. To suggest this would make you sound like that whack job.

The timing of the call couldnt have been worse, but there were infractions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Thats exactly what the call was. I was surprised that Milbury and Jones went on and on over the "bad call." Walcom was the back official... his job was that scrum right in front of him, not a potential play developing 50 feet away. He made the call and the subsequent timing was unfortunate.

I still think he did the right thing and the call was understandable from his perspective.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nullwalk virus.  Play the game.  Champions overcome all obstacles, even bad officiating.  Non-issue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As for the goal the other night, yes, the Hawks got jobbed there.  Kerry Fraser was giving it to Walkom on TSN.com and said he absolutely should know what's developing down ice - it's all in his field of vision, and it's part of the job.

So what did the Hawks do?  Played the game.  Overcame that obstacle.  Non-issue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"he absolutely should know what's developing down ice - it's all in his field of vision, and it's part of the job."

And that was the big suprise to NHL players on twitter. Reading the tweets allot of players feel Walkom is one of the better officials.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Walkom lives in pitt. As i mentioned hes pretty tight with my buddies brother and i drank with him at a steelers game.  hes an animal.  Ive watched both pitt series and ive never seen a team get more calls and i hate when people complain about refs.  

I watched the series with Ottawa and mostly to see your boy Neil. I loved his game against the Habs and was hoping for the same against the Pens .  I think the officials in that series were prepped just because of the Karlsson/Cooke incident .  Neil got penalties for doing nothing, just playing hard. 
    I don't hate the offiating, I just don't like when it becomes and special teams play a role on winning and losing a game.  I just want and hope to see good hard 5 on 5 play.  Pens are a good team and they can also win 5 on 5 , let's see that and if they can do it.

I'm going to stay away on here from complaing about the refs, I'm sure we'll get the flood of complaints by many others.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I stopped accepting the refs as an excuse in 2002. The single worst hockey game I've ever seen for reffing was the Women's gold medal game in Salt Lake. It was so horrendous and biased it actually caused the IOC to change its rules and they subsequently barred refs from gold medal games who were from the same country as one of the competing teams. The Canadians still won 3-2 despite being shorthanded for nearly half an hour.

Champions overcome anything including the ref. Bad calls aren't an excuse.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

I watched the series with Ottawa and mostly to see your boy Neil. I loved his game against the Habs and was hoping for the same against the Pens .  I think the officials in that series were prepped just because of the Karlsson/Cooke incident .  Neil got penalties for doing nothing, just playing hard. 
    I don't hate the offiating, I just don't like when it becomes and special teams play a role on winning and losing a game.  I just want and hope to see good hard 5 on 5 play.  Pens are a good team and they can also win 5 on 5 , let's see that and if they can do it.

I'm going to stay away on here from complaing about the refs, I'm sure we'll get the flood of complaints by many others.

BsL it drove me nuts.  Let players play to their strengths.  Orpik got away with murder in that series.  I dont mind good penalty calls but pitt seems to get everything in their favor.  

I just want a series where the players decide whos better.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I stopped accepting the refs as an excuse in 2002. The single worst hockey game I've ever seen for reffing was the Women's gold medal game in Salt Lake. It was so horrendous and biased it actually caused the IOC to change its rules and they subsequently barred refs from gold medal games who were from the same country as one of the competing teams. The Canadians still won 3-2 despite being shorthanded for nearly half an hour.

Well, you know, Red...

Oh forget it.  You do know!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Haha NAS someday you and red are going to have to get together for a few beer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

too null-like an issue for me. i'm with red, adapt and overcome.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It's a legitmate question though.  Mario has a history of crying to the league to get his way.  We'll see how it shakes out but I would be shocked if the B's own the advantage in total PP's when this series is over.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

It's a legitmate question though.  Mario has a history of crying to the league to get his way.  We'll see how it shakes out but I would be shocked if the B's own the advantage in total PP's when this series is over.

i COULD be a legitimate question. the series hasn't started yet though. some teams fall down easier than others(see pitt, mon, van). the bruins would rather keep themselves in the play- and their pp has been subpar- why go on the pp? anyway we look at it, it's beyond their control, and ours, so why waste time and energy? IF the b's feel like they are getting the short end of the stick, would we likwe clode to go alain v. and whine to the media? not me. the bruins don't whine about anything, they punch you in the face(literally and figuratively), and i like it that way. someone PLEASE punch rat cooke in the face!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

...and this time i mean LITERALLY.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to red75's comment:

This is why in these competitions they must put the best refs available , man or women . If it's a woman so be it.  Otherwise you can get a result like the CAN-USA soccer game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

If we have to question the integrity of the Officials, we might as well pack it in. 

We do have JJ as one of the most powerful owners in the league, so I got to believe that that alone would negate any real or perceived favoritism from the Refs.