Does Signing Tukka Mean Bruins Have to Make a Trade ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Does Signing Tukka Mean Bruins Have to Make a Trade ?

Tukka needs a new contract. Price unknown right now.

Horton is gone and another 1st line winger needs to be found.

On top of that, Bergeron is on his last year of his contract and @ $5 mill/yr, you would have to think another club will offer him more than that.

Also to be considered is the fact that there are 8 RFA's whose contracts all expire after this next season.

If we get a player like Vinnie Lecalvier you can see $4 to 5 mill/ cap gone this year. And if Tukka gets his pay raise with the Bruins, will we have to move somebody ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Does Signing Tukka Mean Bruins Have to Make a Trade ?

Depends on what PC wants on his team to replace those that have left.

B's have just shy of $6million in cap space at present and $4 million for Savard they could possible use.

So with just under $10 million they need to sign 2 goalies and a forward (assuming Soderberg-our cycloptic Yeti takes one spot).

Rask-$6-7 million

Backup-$1 million

Forward-$1 million

Cap space for seasonal moves-$800,000 (approx)

If they want Lecavalier then yes they will have to move someone. Otherwise, look for a present P-bruin on the top 9 this fall

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Depends on what PC wants on his team to replace those that have left.

B's have just shy of $6million in cap space at present and $4 million for Savard they could possible use.

So with just under $10 million they need to sign 2 goalies and a forward (assuming Soderberg-our cycloptic Yeti takes one spot).

Rask-$6-7 million

Backup-$1 million

Forward-$1 million

Cap space for seasonal moves-$800,000 (approx)

If they want Lecavalier then yes they will have to move someone. Otherwise, look for a present P-bruin on the top 9 this fall

Svedberg the back-up next year?  Cap hit is $1M for 2013-14.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Svedberg the back-up next year?  Cap hit is $1M for 2013-14.

Certainly a possibility. If he craps out at camp, however, look for an Auld redux or someone like that.

Unless Khudo is re-signed of course.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

If the Bruins make no moves, count on Soderberg, use Svedberg as a backup, and don't carry a 7th D (I demoted Bartkowski in this case), they will have just shy of $9M to sign Rask plus one forward (that includes all of Savard's LTIR exception).

So strictly speaking, no.  Signing Rask shouldn't force a trade.  If Chiarelli wants to make any addition to the top six though, he will have to trade from elsewhere in the lineup.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

If the Bruins make no moves, count on Soderberg, use Svedberg as a backup, and don't carry a 7th D (I demoted Bartkowski in this case), they will have just shy of $9M to sign Rask plus one forward (that includes all of Savard's LTIR exception).

So strictly speaking, no.  Signing Rask shouldn't force a trade.  If Chiarelli wants to make any addition to the top six though, he will have to trade from elsewhere in the lineup.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

They will also need to save $800-000 to $ 1million for seasonal moves (injuries, moving players from the team to Prov and back) but you are right in everything else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

They will also need to save $800-000 to $ 1million for seasonal moves (injuries, moving players from the team to Prov and back) but you are right in everything else.

Ideally.  They could swap Krug and Bartkowski to save some space, if needed.

It should also be remembered that they won't get to "bank" any money for the trade deadline if they have to use the LTIR exception.  So in the scenarios that keep coming up here, it's unlikely any big trades could be done during the season, without also subtracting salary (ala the series of moves used to pick up Kaberle).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It should also be remembered that they won't get to "bank" any money for the trade deadline if they have to use the LTIR exception.  So in the scenarios that keep coming up here, it's unlikely any big trades could be done during the season, without also subtracting salary (ala the series of moves used to pick up Kaberle).

Very good points. Bang on.

Going to be a lean year with Peverley on the second line and two completely unprovens on the third line.

Not really expecting much...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Very good points. Bang on.

Going to be a lean year with Peverley on the second line and two completely unprovens on the third line.

Not really expecting much...

Peverley on the second line?....  no way....  i expect PC to try to move him, or to go back on his word and buy him out....

PC needs to find some funds....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd like to see both Peverley and Kelly stay. Both had down years, but if both come back to regualr form next year both their contracts are reasonable. Both are very versatile, not sure if both can be replaced as easily as some think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'd like to see both Peverley and Kelly stay. Both had down years, but if both come back to regualr form next year both their contracts are reasonable. Both are very versatile, not sure if both can be replaced as easily as some think.

What!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

What!

Kelly and Peverley never really got going. Never really had a linemate (Bourque,Caron etc..) Then Kelly injures his leg...Lockout,no continuity on line, injury etc...I'd say with both their track records we can chalk up this year as a lost year for both. Two players who will be highly motivated next year, still played terrific on the penalty kill (lost in all of this) and both take face-offs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

What!

Kelly and Peverley never really got going. Never really had a linemate (Bourque,Caron etc..) Then Kelly injures his leg...Lockout,no continuity on line, injury etc...I'd say with both their track records we can chalk up this year as a lost year for both. Two players who will be highly motivated next year, still played terrific on the penalty kill (lost in all of this) and both take face-offs.

I don't no i can see keeping Kelly but think time for Peverly to go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I could actually see Peverley doing well on the RW with Bergeron and Marchand. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

under the current salary cap i don't think the B'S can afford two 3 mil. per players on the third line and think Peverley's the one to go....

and if he's on one of the top two lines come October, the B'S are in trouble....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Given DrCC cap numbers, why would Lacalvier's agent want to talk to the Bs? The message was clear with the conversation, a trade will be made.  Seguin is on the market still.  Horton is definitely a goner.  Peverly and Kelly are not going anywhere, no teams needs them now.  BTW those who say Peverly and Kelly will be better, that did not work last year when Horton was concussed.  So why next year?

Don't judge me monkey!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ive beaten it to death but give rask 5 next year. Then increase.  Why start at the highest end of a contract he doesnt deserve.   PC is a smart man. Rask doesnt have PC.  Its the other way around.

I expect peverly to be dealt.  I would rather Paille get the bump over anyone to the top lines.   Anyone think its cool to be paying ST over a million?   Remind me when we cant afford a good 1st line winger.   

i will wait to see rasks deal before i carve it up.  Hes done nothing to earn top dollars.  Maybe play a few full seasons before we dish that kinda coin.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

-Gerry Dee

sorry Dez, i don't....  plus it means taking Seguin off that line and asking the kid to make yet another adjustment....

i'd rather find someone to replace Horton on the top line....

i know it's easier said than done but PC'S going to have to get creative with his limited cap space....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Given DrCC cap numbers, why would Lacalvier's agent want to talk to the Bs? The message was clear with the conversation, a trade will be made.  Seguin is on the market still.  Horton is definitely a goner.  Peverly and Kelly are not going anywhere, no teams needs them now.  BTW those who say Peverly and Kelly will be better, that did not work last year when Horton was concussed.  So why next year?

Don't judge me monkey!

What do you mean no team needs them now?   A lot of teams are looking to improve and teams like the islanders are trying to make an image as are the blue jackets.  Heck the oilers are dying for a good third line center.  They also need some muscle leadership. Deal kelly and st for a vintage gretzky jersey And mike brown. I think both hold some value via trade.  If kennedy just got dealt im sure kelly would fetch something in return.  

One of them have to go.   Or we trade seguin.  If they ate peverly contract you could probably deal kelly to calgary with a pick/prospect and land Cammaleri(sp?).   PC is gonna have to get creative.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

-Gerry Dee

sorry Dez, i don't....  plus it means taking Seguin off that line and asking the kid to make yet another adjustment....

i'd rather find someone to replace Horton on the top line....

i know it's easier said than done but PC'S going to have to get creative with his limited cap space....

In the scenario I envision Seguin would play with DK and Lucic. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The big names have to go first.  Lacavalier, Briere, Horton, Iginla will be signed then the other teams will fill out rosters.  Peverly and Kelly are not marketable after the last year.  I doubt the Bs would get much more than a 2nd round pick for either one given the contract.  Kennedy is a RFA by the way in a year where contracts will be short in length and for lower average $.   I do hope you are correct as the Seguin saga is best served if he is a Bruin.  Speed on the first line is a good thing, if he decides to make 5.75 million a motivation.  I also hope Spooner can make the squad next year.  Otherwise, get a high pick in the draft from another team for Seguin and sign Lacavalier.  

In response to shuperman's comment:

Don't judge me monkey!

What do you mean no team needs them now?   A lot of teams are looking to improve and teams like the islanders are trying to make an image as are the blue jackets.  Heck the oilers are dying for a good third line center.  They also need some muscle leadership. Deal kelly and st for a vintage gretzky jersey And mike brown. I think both hold some value via trade.  If kennedy just got dealt im sure kelly would fetch something in return.  

One of them have to go.   Or we trade seguin.  If they ate peverly contract you could probably deal kelly to calgary with a pick/prospect and land Cammaleri(sp?).   PC is gonna have to get creative.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Chiarelli doesn't improve the 3rd line and not go after Ribiero, Briere or Lecavalier this summer...he gets a BIG FAT F for the off-season! The Bruins need a veteran who can pop the puck in the net and make plays.

I think Kelly stays but if the 3rd line, currently constituted the way it is today, would get blasted again if the Bruins were to meet Chicago or LA in next years finals.

Spooner needs to be that extra roster player so he can get used to NHL hitting and getting his down-low-corner work cleaned up. Huge opportunity for Camara on the 4th line in camp.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The big names have to go first.  Lacavalier, Briere, Horton, Iginla will be signed then the other teams will fill out rosters.  Peverly and Kelly are not marketable after the last year.  I doubt the Bs would get much more than a 2nd round pick for either one given the contract.  Kennedy is a RFA by the way in a year where contracts will be short in length and for lower average $.   I do hope you are correct as the Seguin saga is best served if he is a Bruin.  Speed on the first line is a good thing, if he decides to make 5.75 million a motivation.  I also hope Spooner can make the squad next year.  Otherwise, get a high pick in the draft from another team for Seguin and sign Lacavalier.  

In response to shuperman's comment:

Don't judge me monkey!

kelly and peverly would be money dumps via trade.  i dont care what we get back in return.  ideally we trade peverly bc he makes more and isnt as good as kelly at center.   with peverlys cash + savards ltir cap hit we easily could afford one of the top 6 fwds being mentioned.  

Trading seguin only works if peverly goes with and if we get a huge young player coming back.  

ie.  Seguin peverly for cammalleri, glencross monahan.    and a deal like this isnt good long term so keeping seguin unless its an unreal offer is the safe bet.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

If Chiarelli doesn't improve the 3rd line and not go after Ribiero, Briere or Lecavalier this summer...he gets a BIG FAT F for the off-season! The Bruins need a veteran who can pop the puck in the net and make plays.

I think Kelly stays but if the 3rd line, currently constituted the way it is today, would get blasted again if the Bruins were to meet Chicago or LA in next years finals.

Spooner needs to be that extra roster player so he can get used to NHL hitting and getting his down-low-corner work cleaned up. Huge opportunity for Camara on the 4th line in camp.

Hey SanDog :;  You mentioned Camara and Spooner. What about Camper, Knight ? Any of these serious contenders to take a roster spot this coming season ? Man. That would sure would give PC extra options to work with.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Tukka needs a new contract. Price unknown right now.

Horton is gone and another 1st line winger needs to be found.

On top of that, Bergeron is on his last year of his contract and @ $5 mill/yr, you would have to think another club will offer him more than that.

Also to be considered is the fact that there are 8 RFA's whose contracts all expire after this next season.

If we get a player like Vinnie Lecalvier you can see $4 to 5 mill/ cap gone this year. And if Tukka gets his pay raise with the Bruins, will we have to move somebody ?

where do you find these numbers? first of all, no matter what happens with the bergeron negotiations, nothing changes for this year. so that's a non factor. 8 RFAs after next season? really? i count one, bartkowski. pretty sure that's it. 

Sections
Shortcuts