Does the Kaberle trade change the Bruins draft strategy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Does the Kaberle trade change the Bruins draft strategy?

Assuming the Bruins get an extension done on Kaberle before next season does that change how the bruins approach the draft.  Ive seen a lot of mock drafts have bruins going with Hamilton and Murphy between pick 4-6.  With a PMD like kaberle to me it seems to make more sense to purse a guy like Courtier, Landeskog, Nugent-Hopkins rather then a young defensemen.  Also it seems to me that niether Murphy or Hamilton would be NHL ready guys, so we would have to wait 2 or 3 years before we could really reap the benefit of those picks. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: Does the Kaberle trade change the Bruins draft strategy?

You take the best player available and in Boston that player will more than likely be having another year in junior no matter who it is, unless Cj is gone of course. is a great D but he is not in their category of both D and O.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Does the Kaberle trade change the Bruins draft strategy?:
    [QUOTE]Assuming the Bruins get an extension done on Kaberle before next season does that change how the bruins approach the draft.  Ive seen a lot of mock drafts have bruins going with Hamilton and Murphy between pick 4-6.  With a PMD like kaberle to me it seems to make more sense to purse a guy like Courtier, Landeskog, Nugent-Hopkins rather then a young defensemen.  Also it seems to me that niether Murphy or Hamilton would be NHL ready guys, so we would have to wait 2 or 3 years before we could really reap the benefit of those picks. 
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]
    Coincidentally,that would likely be when a Kaberle extension would be close to running out.I think they'll still draft D but who knows?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Dez what do you think about Hamilton and Murphy though.  Larsson is by far the top D-man but probably a top 2 pick.  I dont think either of these guys are Larsson talent though.  It seems like 1-4 being Courtier, Larsson, Landeskog and Nugent-Hopkins are the glory picks this year and then theres a big drop off after that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think with Caron, Sauve, Cunninham, Knight, Arniel, and Spooner pushing upwards the Bruins will lean towards a Dman Hamilton or Murphy would be my bet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

I just think the forwards in this draft are hard to pass up.  If leafs fall apart after all there trades and B's pick 3rd or 4th I think Murphy and Hamilton are reaches to fill a need.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

I just think the forwards in this draft are hard to pass up.  If leafs fall apart after all there trades and B's pick 3rd or 4th I think Murphy and Hamilton are reaches to fill a need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I just don't think Bartkowski, Alexandrov, Cohen or Cross are going to be pushing any Bruins Dmen out anytime soon so I say Hamilton and Murphy are the right choices Larsson will go quickly for sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Does the Kaberle trade change the Bruins draft strategy?:
    [QUOTE]Dez what do you think about Hamilton and Murphy though.  Larsson is by far the top D-man but probably a top 2 pick.  I dont think either of these guys are Larsson talent though.  It seems like 1-4 being Courtier, Larsson, Landeskog and Nugent-Hopkins are the glory picks this year and then theres a big drop off after that.
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]
    I like what I've seen/heard of both guys.I also think thi draft will be like many before it.Lot's more great players than anyone thinks and a number of can't misses that won't pan out.I know I'm biased because they play in my hometown but the Sea Dogs have 3 kids I wouldn't mind seeing Boston draft.Huberdeau and Phillips are underrated forwards and Beaulieu is a smaller D who plays a solid 2-way game.Lot'sof players to get excited about outside of the top 5.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

This trade completely changes the offense. i am very happy about the move

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Any chance the B's trade up to grab Larsson if there truely targeting a defenseman.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They need more D prospects, so I say they draft the best D available.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Does the Kaberle trade change the Bruins draft strategy?:
    [QUOTE]I just don't think Bartkowski, Alexandrov, Cohen or Cross are going to be pushing any Bruins Dmen out anytime soon so I say Hamilton and Murphy are the right choices Larsson will go quickly for sure.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Forgot Button but you are probably right. No real top-enders here that stick out enough for one to say "he is going to make it soon."

I do hope, however, the B's pick the best prospect available and not what they think they need. Murphy is undersized (like Penner, Bodnarchuk, and Hunwick before them) and Hamilton is a surprise this year with an apparent lack of top-end mobility, though he is racking up the points.  Larsson is the only sure bet.

Right now Couturier is estimated as going 4rth and I think the B's should target him. If more dmen are needed then we can always trade for them down the line.

Just my opinion.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Sections
Shortcuts