Does Toronto have Duck Boats???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Does Toronto have Duck Boats???

In response to huntbri's comment:

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I like the Leafs and their passionate fan base. Wouldn't mind seeing them win the cup if it Boston were to not make it. I still doubt they do any time soon, but anything is possible I suppose.

You wouldn't like them so much if you lived in Toronto.  Passionate equals misguided.  I may have to move if the laffs win.

Haha.  Its so true.  One of my best friends lives in toronto.  He hates them.  He loves when they lose.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to huntbri's comment:

In response to Bisson1's comment:

when the Raptors and TFC lose it also brings a smile to me. All owned by MLSE. The Canadian version of the Evil Empire (North).

I like the Leafs and their passionate fan base. Wouldn't mind seeing them win the cup if it Boston were to not make it. I still doubt they do any time soon, but anything is possible I suppose.

You wouldn't like them so much if you lived in Toronto.  Passionate equals misguided.  I may have to move if the laffs win.

Haha.  Its so true.  One of my best friends lives in toronto.  He hates them.  He loves when they lose.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to red75's comment:

RHO, I think the most telling quote on Leiweke is this one from the Post article

"If the teams were doing well, I wouldn't have come."

The guy won 9 championships in 13 years when he was in LA. He certainly has a different attitude than we've seen in Toronto since, well... ever. He sounds like he took the job precisely because they suck so badly and wants to embrace the astronomical challenge of turning that around.

I also like this quote about the Boston series.

"(It was) the best that could have happened to (the Leafs). I think they need a few ***kickings, and that's one that will stay with them for a long time. I think it will pay huge dividends in the long term no matter how painful it was."

He's used to winning, red and is intent on starting a new winning Leaf history.  He's ruffled some Leaf fans by wanting to remove all the pictures of their championship teams and players in the hallway that leads to the locker room.  He somehow sees them as "excuses" for the present team. 

I haven't yet been to TD Garden and I didn't have the honour of visiting Boston Garden but to me a big part of the thrill of being there would be seeing the history of the franchise enshrined in the pics of the Bruins' legacy and their immortals.  I wasn't a Leaf fan but when I would go to an event at Maple Leaf Gardens I got a kick out of seeing the large images of Frank "The Big M" Mahovlich, Dave Keon, George Armstrong, Mike Walton and Terry Sawchuck hanging from the walls. 

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/07/18/tim_leiweke_scaling_new_heights_of_human_hubris_and_ego_feschuk.html?utm_expid=6682428-0.pmAbpHPsSSS1W5v3cyeVhw.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestar.com%2Fsports%2Fhockey.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to jalvis' comment:

So I guess the Leafs have everything they need for a Stanley Cup Championship celebration.  I guess all that's left now is to win the thing!

http://nesn.com/2013/07/new-mlse-ceo-already-has-maple-leafs-stanley-cup-parade-route-planned/

Blue Jays are WC series contenders this year, after spending all the millions. Where are they at the moment. At least the Leafs has a coach. The Jays manager is ??????????????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Blue Jays are WC series contenders this year, after spending all the millions. Where are they at the moment. At least the Leafs has a coach. The Jays manager is ??????????????

That was in spring training, bob.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Leaf's have the parade route planned every season,hope I never see it happen.

Sections
Shortcuts