Donations for Shawn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Donations for Shawn

The city of Montreal is burning right now (I can see smoke from my window) asking that Shawn be suspended for his classless act of spraying PK in the third. Apparently, should have been a penalty shot.

I think Shawn should simply ask for donations to cover his fine (they have to do something) and with the extra money received give it to charity. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Donations for Shawn

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451809" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451809

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]
    Speaking to the media afterward, Subban explained, "It happened twice. If it was me who did that it would have been in the news for the next three days."
    [/QUOTE]

No need to worry, because the Habs fans will make sure it stays on the front pages for the next thirty days (at least).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone and I go home. (George Carlin)

It's "Stehno", not "Z-Dayno"!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seriously.  You'd think Thornton hit him with a poison dart.  There's a video of Corey Perry spraying water into Jeff Carter's glove.  The world agrees that it's funny.

Oh no.  He squirted you with water.  Are you going to freakin' melt?  

I can't even imagine being upset by this if it happened to a Bruin.  A mother might be upset at a tee ball game.  That's really about it.

What a sorry excuse to complain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I can't believe this is even a story... but when I try to find stories about last night's game, it's all I read about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

still, why give the sHabs added incentive....  the B'S have them on the ropes....

i like what ST brings to the team, but this bush league stuff is uncalled for and CJ should send him a message by sitting him next game....

the difference between what Corey Perry did and this is that play had stopped in the other game and water was squirted into the opposing player's glove instead....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Tweet from Puck Daddy this morning:

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 13h
    For those keeping score: Perry squirting Carter's glove = adorable trolling, Thornton spraying Subban = evil Bruins hypocrites or something

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I look at this as Subban stealing Thornton's water. I think the league should suspend him for 53 games and the Mass State Police need to investigate this matter. I've already called them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

PK stated on NHL last night that he was sprayed twice and he couldnt see for about a minute and a half, whats wrong with this picture ? LOL go to the bench but no, lets just stay on the ice because thats how greety he is for icetime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

PK stated on NHL last night that he was sprayed twice and he couldnt see for about a minute and a half, whats wrong with this picture ? LOL go to the bench but no, lets just stay on the ice because thats how greety he is for icetime.

[/QUOTE]

PK is so dumb... the post-game interview I just saw replayed on the NHL network he says it's part of the game and then, moments later, responding to another question he says it's not part of the game. Anything for attention and added motivation I guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Poor ST,$2820.52 for squirting some water,wow,including his 15 game suspension his pocketbook has really taken a hit.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreedwhy give them any motivational cue

[/QUOTE]

I think its too late for the Scabs if they need motivation against their biggest rival in the second round of the playoffs.If thats the case i would check a few of them for a heartbeat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Subban is a terrific offensive player, but is such a clown.  Can't find the direct quote but after the game he comments on what happened and then says that he's not going to make a big deal about it. 

You mean other than confronting Thornton at the bench, feigning to spear him and then commenting to the media that it happened twice and you were blinded by it?

Subban even embellishes with his post-game comments.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A bit of comedy:

After being asked about it for the fifth time, Subban said, "I told you I didn't see it.  You know what?  Maybe it was Pierre!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Water, which was squirted from many feet away while you passed by at a high rate of speed, ends up in both eyes, which were protected by a huge visor, limits your vision for a minute and a half?

This sounds more like a Seinfeld/loogie routine than a hockey story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

wow... look at this comment on TSN:

flyers1087
    1 hour ago

I am starting to gain a bit more respect for Subban. He is very mature during his interveiws. Handled the Thorton water bottle issue very well. As long as he gives up the dumb pentalies, he can be very effective. Cant dis him for his energy on the ice!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He's a great talent but his antics overshadow that talent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You know, even if ST was suspended for a game (yes, I know he only got a fine) like the Habs faithful wanted that would only mean Caron play his 6-8 mins. Could actually be a worse option for MTL......lol. Careful what you wish for I guess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously.  You'd think Thornton hit him with a poison dart.  There's a video of Corey Perry spraying water into Jeff Carter's glove.  The world agrees that it's funny.

[/QUOTE]

That's the CBC in action. NBC didn't care as much and you could hear Maguire chuckle when watching Thornton laugh on the bench. On CBC however, I hear it was the worst incident in the history of hockey....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the CBC in action. NBC didn't care as much and you could hear Maguire chuckle when watching Thornton laugh on the bench. On CBC however, I hear it was the worst incident in the history of hockey....

[/QUOTE]

I guess the reason CBC deems this ST sinister move so newsworthy is because it happened during play while Perry's happened between whistles,during a tv timeout.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess the reason CBC deems this ST sinister move so newsworthy is because it happened during play while Perry's happened between whistles,during a tv timeout.

[/QUOTE]

Something tells me it could have happened in the parking lot after the game and CBC still would have made a huge story of it. I wonder how Healy, Simpson, Hughson, et al are going to go on when the B's take this series on Monday? Who will be their next David to the B's Goliath?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'd pay $3000 to spray water in PK's face and listen to an entire country cry about it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd pay $3000 to spray water in PK's face and listen to an entire country cry about it

[/QUOTE]

I don't think the entire country is crying over it,maybe Quebec.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think the entire country is crying over it,maybe Quebec.

[/QUOTE]

fair enough... but if PK and the Habs can exaggerate, why can't I?