Donations for Shawn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: Donations for Shawn

I don't know how the water could have reached his face the bottle was pointed at his waist.  Looks like PK embellishes being squirted at by water too.  NHL network says this is hardly isolated in the league. 

Next time call 9-1-1 PK. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

These two teams meet something always seems to happen. I was hoping it would be something more than an incident involving water...Funny, the Habs have lost two straight, Chara has it so Vanek and Pacioretty might as well not have even been playing and all anyone can talk about in Montreal is Shawn Thornton spraying water..

If I were the Habs, I'd focus more about whats happened the last 2 games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"23.7 Other Infractions That Could Result in a Game Misconduct :

(iv) spitting on or at an opponent or spectator.

Human saliva is 99.5% water.

Therefore, this is 99.5% the same as spitting.

When you add 0.5% for interfering with another player who is on the ice where Thornton is on his usual position on the bench, a win game suspension would be warranted."

Yes "Slippery-slope-Habs-fan" this is a great way to make up an excuse to suspend Suga LoL

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

NHL missed the mark on this one.  Instead of the fine, they should have ST do some PSA's highlighting the dangers of water.  Maybe visit area elementary schools, where squirt gun violence has been up in recent years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think anyone would agree that you shouldn't do what Thornton did.  

You can't have guys on the bench spraying water at players, while they're playing (that is what makes it slightly different than Perry's).  

It was dumb, and I'd prefer that the Bruins not do anything to sway the refs towards the widely held notion (in Montreal) that they are getting away with anything before Game 6.  I think sometimes these things lead to 'make-up calls'.  Could see Thornton getting a very soft penalty call on Monday.

But...here are a few reasons why you really can't even pretend this is a big deal and it's easier to just laugh about:

1. It's water.  And there's no way it got in Subban's eyes.  He found the ref pretty quickly for someone who can't see.

2. It's Subban.  A guy who spends the entire game trying to manipulate the rules.  The best skater on the ice went flying when he felt Bartkowski's hand touch him in the corner.  To me, that nonsense is no different than a water bottle squirt, except it actually got them a goal.  Subban needs to drop the selective integrity act.

3. The reaction.  The Montreal media begging Subban to make a big deal about it, Simpson saying he was spit on, the fans of Montreal coming unglued about a total non-factor, etc. etc.  It just makes you enjoy the incident instead of feeling any remorse at all.  Crybabies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Close your eyes and try to imagine Nick Johnson  52 points in 51 games and plus 20

or Ryan Spooner 46 points in 49 games and a plus 13....try to imagine one of those 2 talented players with Paille and Campbell

ok wake up now we are stocked with Thornton 8 points in 64 games and +3 ....OMG what a waste of talent what a disaster !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thornton should have been suspended for the rest of the series ...that would have been Awesome

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Subban said "I don't think you guys need to make a big deal about it".  So, my question is - then why did you?

He is such a fking crybaby.  Went right to the ref to whine.  I don't know what Felger see's in this guy.  Yea, he talks a good game -- so does the guy in the oval office.

Actions, Felgy, actions.

“We don’t think it’s prudent for a student to wear a Boston Bruins jersey” -Mike Cohen, English Montreal School Board

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Just ask yourself this: what does more damage to the integrity of the game, ST shooting a half ounce of water in the general direction of Subban, or Subban doing his best Christiano Ronaldo imitation whenever possible?

The Bart penalty was embellishment, but what PK did in the first period to try to draw a penalty on Paille was even worse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to socca10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just ask yourself this: what does more damage to the integrity of the game, ST shooting a half ounce of water in the general direction of Subban, or Subban doing his best Christiano Ronaldo imitation whenever possible?

The Bart penalty was embellishment, but what PK did in the first period to try to draw a penalty on Paille was even worse.

[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.  And another thing about it that doesn't make sense; I thought divers loved the water.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Montreal gets preferential treatment as I've stated here many times through the years. NAS does not believe so, but any real NHL fan has known it for years and years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think anyone would agree that you shouldn't do what Thornton did.  

You can't have guys on the bench spraying water at players, while they're playing (that is what makes it slightly different than Perry's).  

It was dumb, and I'd prefer that the Bruins not do anything to sway the refs towards the widely held notion (in Montreal) that they are getting away with anything before Game 6.  I think sometimes these things lead to 'make-up calls'.  Could see Thornton getting a very soft penalty call on Monday.

But...here are a few reasons why you really can't even pretend this is a big deal and it's easier to just laugh about:

1. It's water.  And there's no way it got in Subban's eyes.  He found the ref pretty quickly for someone who can't see.

2. It's Subban.  A guy who spends the entire game trying to manipulate the rules.  The best skater on the ice went flying when he felt Bartkowski's hand touch him in the corner.  To me, that nonsense is no different than a water bottle squirt, except it actually got them a goal.  Subban needs to drop the selective integrity act.

3. The reaction.  The Montreal media begging Subban to make a big deal about it, Simpson saying he was spit on, the fans of Montreal coming unglued about a total non-factor, etc. etc.  It just makes you enjoy the incident instead of feeling any remorse at all.  Crybabies.

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said Fletch, for someone who claims it impaired his vision he sure did find the ref quick...Also, he said he had to play for almost 2 minutes with it...What????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Kel, the time does seem to run faster when you're team is losing though.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously.  You'd think Thornton hit him with a poison dart.  There's a video of Corey Perry spraying water into Jeff Carter's glove.  The world agrees that it's funny.

Oh no.  He squirted you with water.  Are you going to freakin' melt?  

I can't even imagine being upset by this if it happened to a Bruin.  A mother might be upset at a tee ball game.  That's really about it.

What a sorry excuse to complain.

[/QUOTE]

The "victim" was yapping and figure skating directly in front of the home teams bench trying to elicit a response. In the end, he was barking up the wrong tree.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wow... look at this comment on TSN:

flyers1087
    1 hour ago

I am starting to gain a bit more respect for Subban. He is very mature during his interveiws. Handled the Thorton water bottle issue very well.                                               

Then why not let the nice "Trojan Horsie" into your home a well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Seriously.  You'd think Thornton hit him with a poison dart.  There's a video of Corey Perry spraying water into Jeff Carter's glove.  The world agrees that it's funny.

[/QUOTE]

That's the CBC in action. NBC didn't care as much and you could hear Maguire chuckle when watching Thornton laugh on the bench. On CBC however, I hear it was the worst incident in the history of hockey....

[/QUOTE]

I thought that was the best part of the whole thing. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Think Thornton started something Ludquest gave Crosby a bath as he was leaving the ice,after second period.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh no.  He squirted you with water.  Are you going to freakin' melt?  

I can't even imagine being upset by this if it happened to a Bruin.  A mother might be upset at a tee ball game.  That's really about it.

What a sorry excuse to complain.

[/QUOTE]

I do like the 'poison dart' idea.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Poor ST,$2820.52 for squirting some water,wow,including his 15 game suspension his pocketbook has really taken a hit.

[/QUOTE]

He was planning to retire, but after this, he'll have to re-sign for a year.....

[object HTMLDivElement]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

It's really a shame for someone with this much talent to act this way! When he does his talent really becomes "watered down"! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's really a shame for someone with this much talent to act this way! When he does his talent really becomes "watered down"! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

[/QUOTE]

Cry baby Crosby lacks what the 3 guys in your moniker possessed---toughness, guts, and maturity. As I stated in another thread, Crosby should not be wearing the 'C.' Also, I think it's time for the media to quit calling him the best player in the league. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cry baby Crosby lacks what the 3 guys in your moniker possessed---toughness, guts, and maturity. As I stated in another thread, Crosby should not be wearing the 'C.' Also, I think it's time for the media to quit calling him the best player in the league. 

[/QUOTE]

Crosby plays today's game of trying to work the refs for penalties, just like Subban does.  And I hate it.

He certainly isn't light on toughness, guts or maturity and is 100% the best player in the league.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Is Lundqvist getting a fine for bathing Crosby? I didn't hear Crosby cry about it like PK did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Perhaps let Subban make the choice. A squirt of water in your eye or drop the gloves on the ice with ST and have 2 black eyes and some missing teeth.

Either way -- from my standpoint -- I like ST but an unnecessary dumb move on Thornton's part that he probably wishes he didn't do at this point. He had to realize how something this simple would escalate when the Habs are involved.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is Lundqvist getting a fine for bathing Crosby? I didn't hear Crosby cry about it like PK did.

[/QUOTE]

He still can't see...