done deal - Kaberle a Bruin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

done deal - Kaberle a Bruin

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=354402

Tomas Kaberle's time as
    a Toronto Maple Leaf has finally come to an end. After 12 seasons in blue and
    white, the Maple Leafs have traded the veteran defenceman to the Boston Bruins
    in exchange for prospect centre Joe Colborne, the Bruins' first
    round pick in 2011 and a conditional draft pick.

The trade call still has to go through the league to confirm it.

Kaberle, 32, has been a mainstay on the Leafs' blue line for the past decade
    and is the second-highest scoring defenceman in team history behind Borje
    Salming - with 83 goals and 437 assists in 878 games. Kaberle led the Leafs in
    assists this season with 35.

While the Leafs haven't made the playoffs since the 2003-04 season, Kaberle
    has played in 77 career post-season games.

The Bruins will be on the hook for the remainder of Kaberle's $4.25 million
    contract. He will be an unrestricted free agent in the summer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Re: done deal - Kaberle a Bruin

They need to sign this guy to an extention or?????????????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to done deal - Kaberle a Bruin:
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=354402 Tomas Kaberle 's time as a Toronto Maple Leaf has finally come to an end. After 12 seasons in blue and white, the Maple Leafs have traded the veteran defenceman to the Boston Bruins in exchange for prospect centre Joe Colborne , the Bruins' first round pick in 2011 and a conditional draft pick. The trade call still has to go through the league to confirm it. Kaberle, 32, has been a mainstay on the Leafs' blue line for the past decade and is the second-highest scoring defenceman in team history behind Borje Salming - with 83 goals and 437 assists in 878 games. Kaberle led the Leafs in assists this season with 35. While the Leafs haven't made the playoffs since the 2003-04 season, Kaberle has played in 77 career post-season games. The Bruins will be on the hook for the remainder of Kaberle's $4.25 million contract. He will be an unrestricted free agent in the summer.
    Posted by john-88

Seems like a lot to give up but I,for one,have been hoping to see Kaberle feeding Chara on the PP for some time now.I expect the breakout and PP to improve immediately.Time for Boychuck to be traded next if you ask me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Surely, Chiarelli will sign him to an extension - it's a ridiculously bad trade without it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Would have thought Colbourne or a first round, not both would have been enough. Don't like it but hey if the Bruins do real well over the next 2 months and that pick is low it looks a little more palatable. Plus the Bruins are stacked at center (not a 6-5 center though).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: done deal - Kaberle a Bruin:
    Surely, Chiarelli will sign him to an extension - it's a ridiculously bad trade without it.
    Posted by huscroft28

What's your over under on 4.5 mil for 3 yrs.  That's the contract I like/predict.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if there is an extension...this is a very good deal- lets hope that 1st round pick is the 30th!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

It is all downhill from here! The is the beginning of the end. Chiarelli will regret this deal.

Bad, bad, bad deal. Burke bluffed him this time. He had nothing and got a prospect and two draft picks, including a first.

Shame on Peter.

Leafs will win a Cup before the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Would have thought Colbourne or a first round, not both would have been enough. Don't like it but hey if the Bruins do real well over the next 2 months and that pick is low it looks a little more palatable. Plus the Bruins are stacked at center (not a 6-5 center though).
    Posted by nrguy

From what i've read he's a  6-5 center who plays like a 5-8 center ........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

maybe through Burke's dumping we can get Larson too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: done deal - Kaberle a Bruin : What's your over under on 4.5 mil for 3 yrs.  That's the contract I like/predict.
    Posted by RickyHussle

I wasn't a fan of trading for Kaberle, but if he's here then your numbers would seem to work.  Through 2014, yes?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

It is all downhill from here! The is the beginning of the end. Chiarelli will regret this deal. Bad, bad, bad deal. Burke bluffed him this time. He had nothing and got a prospect and two draft picks, including a first. Shame on Peter. Leafs will win a Cup before the Bruins.
    Posted by Wheatskins

Dude don't make me drop my gloves!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: done deal - Kaberle a Bruin : From what i've read he's a  6-5 center who plays like a 5-8 center ........
    Posted by jaymiller

If Colborne played nearly like 6'2" & 210 lbs. #29, he'd be a first-line center and hero in these parts.

Sections
Shortcuts