Don't blame this lose on Tukka!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Don't blame this lose on Tukka!

Wow, TT looked brutal, should never ever be in shoot out!

Pulled Tukka too fast, B's are a weak, weak team with no fight.

PC should be a seller at deadline to get  some character for next year.

Such a weak team again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: Don't blame this lose on Tukka!

Nothing this team has done leads me to believe they a playoff team.

You can see how they lost 4 straight to Philly!

Soft somes it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Both goalies bad tonight... no doubt about it. Actually all three goalies were bad!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I agree. Both goalies had bad games.

As mentioned by nitemare-38 in previous threads, I think a lot of the blame falls on Julien. Rask is obviously rusty and Thomas is obviously tired. CJ needs to learn to have better balance. I know a olt of fans want CJ to ride the hot hand . But sooner or later, these streaks where Thomas plays 7-8 straight games needs to end. Neither goalie will get better that way. Keep in mind TT is 36 and will be 37 come playoff time. He cant handle 65-75 starts a season plus the playoffs. You cant really blame TT that much though cause he is exhausted, and his play is showing it.

That being said, Rask needs to play better. I am a huge Rask fan, but he needs to be better. I understand it's difficult when you rarely play, but he has to stop that 3rd goal. I have confidence Tuukka will rebound.

The team defense as a whole also needs to step up

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

thomas is clearly tired, but rask put the B's in that situation tonight, not Julien. Rask should have been basking with a 4-2 lead, not coughing up a pathetic goal on the crease as if he was in a beer league. I wanted him pulled regardless of resting Thomas. It's time to call up a backup who can last 60 minutes once every 5 or 6 games..Rask isn't cutting it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Don't blame this lose on Tukka!:
    [QUOTE]thomas is clearly tired, but rask put the B's in that situation tonight, not Julien. Rask should have been basking with a 4-2 lead, not coughing up a pathetic goal on the crease as if he was in a beer league. I wanted him pulled regardless of resting Thomas. It's time to call up a backup who can last 60 minutes once every 5 or 6 games..Rask isn't cutting it.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    Rask is the reason they lost even though he left with the lead?Blame many things but you can't hang this loss on Rask.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I agree. Both goalies had bad games. As mentioned by nitemare-38 in previous threads, I think a lot of the blame falls on Julien. Rask is obviously rusty and Thomas is obviously tired. CJ needs to learn to have better balance. I know a olt of fans want CJ to ride the hot hand . But sooner or later, these streaks where Thomas plays 7-8 straight games needs to end. Neither goalie will get better that way. Keep in mind TT is 36 and will be 37 come playoff time. He cant handle 65-75 starts a season plus the playoffs. You cant really blame TT that much though cause he is exhausted, and his play is showing it. That being said, Rask needs to play better. I am a huge Rask fan, but he needs to be better. I understand it's difficult when you rarely play, but he has to stop that 3rd goal. I have confidence Tuukka will rebound. The team defense as a whole also needs to step up
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    SC&O
    You're 100% right. Tuukka needs that 3rd goal. The way he was so animated with the ref is because, he was "desparate & reaching" Rask knows the rules. If any of the puck can be seen for a period of time. The ref won't call it. The only way he will is if he see's the puck not moving.

Rask's biggest asset is his technique. When he's trying to use the back side of his trapper to cover the puck. That's a sign of no confidence, lack of concentration & one of desparation. He's got no feel to the game & that's understandable.

I know what it's like (not professionaly, but positionally). The only way to break out of this is to play in game situations. Practice won't cut it. I had a 13 game winless streak one time playing Senior hockey. The coach kept talking to me & kept telling me he was playing me until I got out if it. He said "you're being paid to stop the puck & you're gonna stop them you SOB!" I got out of it with back to back allowing one goal games & then 3 shut-outs in in my next 7 starts. I honestly can't see Rask getting his game back until he plays. TT is now fighting the puck because he's tired. He's admitted it & now it's showing more & more every game. CJ has got to find a way to get back that balance. If not, it's going to be a long second half!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't blame this lose on Tukka! : SC&O You're 100% right. Tuukka needs that 3rd goal. The way he was so animated with the ref is because, he was "desparate & reaching" Rask knows the rules. If any of the puck can be seen for a period of time. The ref won't call it. The only way he will is if he see's the puck not moving. Rask's biggest asset is his technique. When he's trying to use the back side of his trapper to cover the puck. That's a sign of no confidence, lack of concentration & one of desparation. He's got no feel to the game & that's understandable. I know what it's like (not professionaly, but positionally). The only way to break out of this is to play in game situations. Practice won't cut it. I had a 13 game winless streak one time playing Senior hockey. The coach kept talking to me & kept telling me he was playing me until I got out if it. He said "you're being paid to stop the puck & you're gonna stop them you SOB!" I got out of it with back to back allowing one goal games & then 3 shut-outs in in my next 7 starts. I honestly can't see Rask getting his game back until he plays. TT is now fighting the puck because he's tired. He's admitted it & now it's showing more & more every game. CJ has got to find a way to get back that balance. If not, it's going to be a long second half!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    I agree man.

Even last year when Rask was getting most of the games and TT was getting nothing, I was happy about cause Im a huge rask fan. Towards the end of the summer I started to think, as much as I like raskm TT should have gone in in the Philly series. But what happened in the philly series is the same thing thats happening now where Thomas was rusty and rask was tired. Its happening again this year except tuukka and tim switched roles.

As inconsistent as the bruins have been this year, I highly doubt they miss the playoffs. They'll get in as either a 3,6,7,or 8th seed. As of right now Thomas will be the starter/ His workload needs  to go down. Boston will not get far with him being as tired as he is now.

Balance Julien Balance

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The other difference between the two. TT has been around, maybe not in the NHL, but he does have a lot more professional yrs under his belt. I think at this time TT can handle sitting for longer periods than Rask can, because TT is seasoned. An example is the 2-1 games against San Jose & Washington. Both starts TT sat for quite a few games in between starts & he played great.

TT is TT. There's not a lot he's going to do to change the way he plays. Sure little tweaks here & there, but not a lot in the overall scheme of things. Rask on the other hand is still learning & working to improve. He can't put these changes in motion in practice.

PS
    SC&O go to the thread that NAS started about all the goalie know it alls. BRUWINGFAN came up with an excellent idea about the goalie issue!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Don't blame this lose on Tukka!:[QUOTE]I agree. Both goalies had bad games. As mentioned by nitemare-38 in previous threads, I think a lot of the blame falls on Julien. Rask is obviously rusty and Thomas is obviously tired. CJ needs to learn to have better balance. I know a olt of fans want CJ to ride the hot hand . But sooner or later, these streaks where Thomas plays 7-8 straight games needs to end. Neither goalie will get better that way. Keep in mind TT is 36 and will be 37 come playoff time. He cant handle 65-75 starts a season plus the playoffs. You cant really blame TT that much though cause he is exhausted, and his play is showing it. That being said, Rask needs to play better. I am a huge Rask fan, but he needs to be better. I understand it's difficult when you rarely play, but he has to stop that 3rd goal. I have confidence Tuukka will rebound. The team defense as a whole also needs to step up Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Spot on again regarding Julien's handling of BOTH goalies!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The other difference between the two. TT has been around, maybe not in the NHL, but he does have a lot more professional yrs under his belt. I think at this time TT can handle sitting for longer periods than Rask can, because TT is seasoned. An example is the 2-1 games against San Jose & Washington. Both starts TT sat for quite a few games in between starts & he played great. TT is TT. There's not a lot he's going to do to change the way he plays. Sure little tweaks here & there, but not a lot in the overall scheme of things. Rask on the other hand is still learning & working to improve. He can't put these changes in motion in practice.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    It's nice to get a goalies perspective into the mind set and preparation that goes into the position.I'm sure it's more difficult to get into a rythm without playing games.A good example is Clemmensen 2 years ago for NJ.When given a chance to play regularly he was terrific in place of Brodeur yet,when given back-up goalie ice-time reverted back to playing like a back-up.It must take a different mentality to come in every 2 or 3 weeks and be expected to be sharp.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Julien is doing a great job of losing Rask as one of the premier goalies in the league. You guys are pointing out things that are evident for the last two seasons. TT is slowly losing his form and that shoot out was pathetic on his part. CJ will destroy Tuukka's confidence and TT will not be able to keep the pace. I'm so tired of Clod I could barf!!!! Thomas's play of late is the reason Rask will be needed and ASAP. 5 hole Timmy is back!!!!!! Sorry but Thomas is what Thomas is, a good goalie that lives and dies on his flailing luck. He has lost what ever form he was trying to infuse into his style.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Tukka should have never been taken out of the game and Chara never should have shot in the shootout.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm with jwb and nite and screw, and all of the observers who indicate that TT is overworked, Rask should play at least every 3rd or 4th day, and this coach is losing games with his stupidity. There, finally stated a negative.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I honestly thought that it was going to be pretty close to a 50/50 split for most of the season.  Then I figured CJ would make his decision in late Feb. or early March which one had the hot hand and ride him.  Timmy was absurdly hot out of the gate and you HAD to ride that.  But even then I thought that Tuukka needed to get some time....so he wouldn't get rusty.  Kind of like a closer in baseball pitching in an 8 - 1 game to "get his work in" because he hadn't pitched in a few days.  I imagine it's a similar thing for goalies.

I haven't been a big Julien basher but there are a few things that I disagree with.  And the way he has juggled the goaltending duties is one of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mav02155. Show mav02155's posts

Fire Claude Julien Know!!!!

This guy is a dummy , he screwing up our goalies, and come on chara on shoot out ????????????? you got to be kidding me , clearly he doesn't know what he is doing , he needs to be shown the door , he needs to be thougheer , i dont care if a player makes milllions or been in the league forever who gives a damn , you're not performing then you get benched or you cut thier playing time simple as that , you tell your not playing , and bring some one who wants to play and has that eager hunger to play . i think some times the players dont ply well because they dont want to and when people get on their case like last week , they come out play one game again and play well , then the slowly drift away again like the same bruins as we know them , it a disgrace and a waste of money to spend for tickets to watch them , cam neely needs to fix this team fast or your looking at some serious things happening , but my point is it starts with the coach you got to stamd up and scream yell and bemch people no matter who they are and tell them how it is and that there are players out there who want to play and prove them selves and be hungry. simple as that !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

relax people. julien hasn't ruined the careers of 2 goalies. they're both professionals. it's just one bad game. everybody's saying tt had a bad game against atl. he allowed 2 goals on screens on 32 shots. last night, one of the goals was missing the net and hit seids and bounced in. it's pretty hard for a goalie to stop that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

rask is just plain horrible...not just the goals but his style...rusty  no excuse...hell look at auld for habs.. plays awesome ..first game for him in along time...one thing to let in goals but the guy without a pulse  should be embarressed with those goals....yeah tank didnt have a great game but its easy to cut him some slack after stealing game after game.....bruins in deep trouble in net ....dont hang your hat on him being the future...look who played goal last night for tampa...and even the leafs had reimer in last night...rask needs time in prov.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

In Response to Don't blame this lose on Tukka!:
    [QUOTE]Wow, TT looked brutal, should never ever be in shoot out! Pulled Tukka too fast, B's are a weak, weak team with no fight. PC should be a seller at deadline to get  some character for next year. Such a weak team again.
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

lose ????  loss nitwit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

"Don't blame this lose on Tukka"

?? Speak english much ??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Two words for this board:  spell check.  Also, you can edit your discussion or comments after they are posted.  Just saying.  This isn't English class, but c'mon!

Wink

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I honestly thought that it was going to be pretty close to a 50/50 split for most of the season.  Then I figured CJ would make his decision in late Feb. or early March which one had the hot hand and ride him.  Timmy was absurdly hot out of the gate and you HAD to ride that.  But even then I thought that Tuukka needed to get some time....so he wouldn't get rusty.  Kind of like a closer in baseball pitching in an 8 - 1 game to "get his work in" because he hadn't pitched in a few days.  I imagine it's a similar thing for goalies. I haven't been a big Julien basher but there are a few things that I disagree with.  And the way he has juggled the goaltending duties is one of them.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    I'm with you Jalvis.I stick up for CJ more than most but I can't agree with his  mismanagement of the goaltenders.He's really trying my patience .Pulling Rask was foolish.Argument could've been made for the decision had TT come in and played well.We all know that didn't happen.