Don't Change Anything

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Don't Change Anything

Yes, don't change anything Bruins.  Keep doing what you're doing and your time will come...  Success or failure in competition is cyclical...

On a different note...  Is anybody else experiencing slow server response on this website?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Don't Change Anything

In response to bingobilly's comment:

Yes, don't change anything Bruins.  Keep doing what you're doing and your time will come...  Success or failure in competition is cyclical...

On a different note...  Is anybody else experiencing slow server response on this website?

Yes, have been for awhile. Don't know why.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

....deep dish satellite interference.

ending threads since '07

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Changing my avatar in hopes that it gets Segs scoring.  Going back to my early days cheering for the Bruins and my 2 favourite players at that time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Yeah, I recently changed my avatar too. Partly because I've always loved Jacques Plante (and seeing him in a Bs uniform when I was a kid was just awesome) and partly so SanDog doesn't think I'm trying to troll him. Had the old 'Slapshot' pic when I registered a few years ago but it was time for a change.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Love it.  I remember that trade and was excited about it at the time too.  It was too bad it was at the end of his career although he did have a couple of shut-outs in the regular season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Yeah, I recently changed my avatar too. Partly because I've always loved Jacques Plante (and seeing him in a Bs uniform when I was a kid was just awesome) and partly so SanDog doesn't think I'm trying to troll him. Had the old 'Slapshot' pic when I registered a few years ago but it was time for a change.  

Han, I just switched up my avatar to my favourite goalie from childhood, Gilles Gilbert. I didn't have any luck in game one with my Sweet Daddy Siki avatar anyway. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Han, I just switched up my avatar to my favourite goalie from childhood, Gilles Gilbert. I didn't have any luck in game one with my Sweet Daddy Siki avatar anyway. 

[/QUOTE]
    I wondered who the heck that was, thought is was some old blues guy! How could i not recognize one of my all-time favorites, Don Leo Jonathan, Mad Dog Vachon, Butcher Vachon, Edouard Carpentier, Grand Prix wrestling baby! Should have stuck with Siki, 1st game was a no DQ match, next game will be a Lumberjack tilt!! Go B'sssss!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Han, I just switched up my avatar to my favourite goalie from childhood, Gilles Gilbert. I didn't have any luck in game one with my Sweet Daddy Sikiavatar anyway. 

I wondered who the heck that was, thought is was some old blues guy! How could i not recognize one of my all-time favorites, Don Leo Jonathan, Mad Dog Vachon, Butcher Vachon, Edouard Carpentier, Grand Prix wrestling baby! Should have stuck with Siki, 1st game was a no DQ match, next game will be a Lumberjack tilt!! Go B'sssss!!!!!

50, you may have had trouble recognizing Sweet Daddy because I was using one of his album covers. Not everyone realizes that he's also a country singer under the same name. 

Do you remember Big Steven Pettipas? They said he was an AHL player before becoming a wrestler. I can't find any evidence of it though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Sweet Daddy Siki. Now there is a name from the past.

He used to live at the corner house, north side, at Thorburn and Dufferin, just north of the Dufferin Gates entrance at The CNE.

I'm talking years ago - mid- 70's, is he still alive? He was a nice man. Good guy.

I remember he used to be a musician, also. He used to play at some restaurants in the area.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Sweet Daddy Siki. Now there is a name from the past.

He used to live at the corner house, north side, at Thorburn and Dufferin, just north of the Dufferin Gates entrance at The CNE.

I'm talking years ago - mid- 70's, is he still alive? He was a nice man. Good guy.

I remember he used to be a musician, also. He used to play at some restaurants in the area.

Yeah Wheats, Sweet Daddy is 72 years old and still lives in Toronto. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

50, you may have had trouble recognizing Sweet Daddy because I was using one of his album covers. Not everyone realizes that he's also a country singer under the same name. 

Do you remember Big Steven Pettipas? They said he was an AHL player before becoming a wrestler. I can't find any evidence of it though.

No way.  He played senior hockey for the Bouctouche JC's in the late '80s.  Big guy with a big shot, but was way too slow to have played in the AHL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

No way.  He played senior hockey for the Bouctouche JC's in the late '80s.  Big guy with a big shot, but was way too slow to have played in the AHL.

Yeah i remember him playing senior hockey against the Saint John Vitos back in the day and he wasn't exactly fleet of foot. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

the thread name "Don't Change Anything" is pretty much right, except Chris Kelly should be healthy-scratched. I'm saddened to say that he has become a complete waste of ice space.

17 games, 0 points, minus-9....now think about this for a minute. Kelly is averaging some 15 minutes of ice time a game. He's on a team that was 4-3, 4-1, 4-0, so now 12-5 in the playoffs. A team that has won 9 of its last 11 games. How in the world can a player be so ineffective? He's terrible, and I thought he was a huge factor in 11. But not now. I am completely baffled by the love affair Julien has on Kelly. It's time he treats him like others who don't produce. Dress anyone, Caron, Soderberg, heck dress Pandolfo...Kelly needs to sit. So yes, CHANGE SOMETHING.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Rich Peverly 1 goal, 16 games, minus-6...figure let's not just throw Kelly in this boat.  Another guy averaging 15 minutes of ice time a game. And virtually nothing to show for it offensively. Peverly, of course, does other things. He can win a faceoff, he can skate far faster than Kelly, but his rushing skills, the things he did for the 11 B's, just like Kelly, almost non-existent. The B's have been winning prior to the Campbell injury because 3 lines were playing well, 1 was scoring off the charts, one was doing a good job, and the other was again beyond the charts, of course that's the 1,2,4 lines for the B's. The 3rd line? Well, let's face it, not very good, not effective, and often beaten for a goal the other way. That's not good. Keeping Peverly, Kelly on anyone's line is a direct result in killing the 3rd line member--this includes how ineffective Jagr and Seguin have been when playing with those 2 guys. Bill Belichick would have "inactivated" both guys by now. I love Julien, I stand by Claude, and he stands by his guys, and I respect that, but at least Daugavins was trying to create a goal, and making some plays, and at least I can see a Caron, a Soderberg maybe do something even if it's to forecheck and keep the play going in the Chicago zone. I'm speculating, and hoping, obviously. But leaving Kelly and Peverly out there is not working. The bulb isn't coming on for these 2, it hasn't for a long time now. When they face better skaters, better teams, they are exposed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL that's amazing !!! I remember beinga kid and after Gilbert was amazing Cherry went to Cheevers,   all  could say was WHY ,  WHY , WHY ? and it's not because my vocabulary lacked words at 12yrs old

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

it's interesting, BsLegion, the mindset of coaches back in the 70s/80s and the mindset today. Most coaches, pretty much all coaches, decide on a playoff goalie and basically ride that goalie until they are forced to make a change due to subpar performance. But Cherry had two good goalies and if you recall the Lemelin-Moog B's, they would change up goalies back then too. There was no emphasis on riding the hot hand, as much as it was probably the feeling that it's a lot of games in the playoffs, so don't overuse one goalie when you got 2. Just an interesting sidelight to that old argument. However, take a look at the OT playoff game i forget if it's the 77 finale, Cheevers was incredible in an elimination game, and did everything to keep the B's from losing. The GW OT goal was a coughup by Milbury I think behind the net.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Arbour was one of the first to just say forget it, I'm going with Billy Smith and let Chico sit even thought the two would play a balanced half and half reg. season. But I saw so many teams using 2 goalies, trading off regardless of performance in the previous game.

Sections
Shortcuts