Don't even let Kaberle touch the ice against Philly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Don't even let Kaberle touch the ice against Philly

Too soft, too I-don't-give-a-sh*t, too slow, too everything.  He didn't even show up against MMontreal and his ice time reflected it.  Good for CJ for all but benching him.  I wouldn't even let him suit up against Philly.  He'll get eaten alive by their forwards and pounded into oblivion - that if he even dares to take a hit.  And please, don't anyone even say "but we need him on the power play."  All he's done since he got here is take a gasping power play and choke the last dying breath out of it.  The guy is washed up, and he got hired here on his reputation and not his current skill.  Think Paul Coffey, redux. 

PLEASE, CJ, bench this underperforming has-been and make him watch from the press box until he shows in practice that he gets it.  He's nothing other than a liability right now, at both ends of the ice. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Re: Don't even let Kaberle touch the ice against Philly

Cant argue that.

Definitely bails when about to engage, getting the puck is the last thing on his mind.

I'd say he should take one on the chin to win the puck...but he doesnt have a chin!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I agree, but,

we have no choice but to play him... the other options just aren't that good (I'd say Kampfer but he is so far off-the radar anymore which leaves Hnidy or Bartkowski?)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Don't even let Kaberle touch the ice against Philly:
    [QUOTE]I agree, but, we have no choice but to play him... the other options just aren't that good (I'd say Kampfer but he is so far off-the radar anymore which leaves Hnidy or Bartkowski?)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

All things said here are true but folks knew this was part of the package known as Kaberle.  People had been watching him do exactly what's being described for years.  Frustrating as hell but he is as advertised. 

Bruinfan, you nailed it.  With what he was to provide for the Bruins plus the price paid, he'll be taking his regular turn. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Maybe Kaberly needs to get hit hard.  Maybe if he gets mad we could see something out of him... or maybe not!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Kaberly needs to get hit hard.  Maybe if he gets mad we could see something out of him... or maybe not!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

luca - Up here we've been watching this guy for his entire Leaf career and it's just not in him.  I think folks can now see why it was reported he was being phased out of the Leafs' plans with the likes of Schenn, Gunnarsson, Komisarek, pre-trade-back-to-Anaheim Beauchemin and now Aulie. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I find myself wishing for Kampfer-- such a skilled skater, who will do whatever it takes.....made some brilliant plays during his tenure with the Bs....had some offense going.....and made some rookie mistakes, sure. But he would provide more intensity than Kaberle, I believe.  I wonder-- is his injury (knee?) healed yet?  

"Don't even let Kaberle touch the ice against Philly"--  great line!!  Is it even possible?  

Management proves itself when it can admit its mistakes and make corrections-- do whatever is needed to win.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't even let Kaberle touch the ice against Philly : luca - Up here we've been watching this guy for his entire Leaf career and it's just not in him.  I think folks can now see why it was reported he was being phased out of the Leafs' plans with the likes of Schenn, Gunnarsson, Komisarek, pre-trade-back-to-Anaheim Beauchemin and now Aulie. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is why is said maybe not... it was just a dream!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Kaberle will play. There is no one else. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

OP says:

Too soft- no surprise there, but will take a hit to make a play

Too I-don't-give-a...- I think you are confusing his poise and calmness for lacking passion.  Watch how many times the B's are running around, Kaberle will calm things down and make a nice outlet pass to get the B's going in the right direction.

Too slow- agree Kaberle is neither straight-line fast or laterally quick and I don't think the Habs match-up was great for him.  Looking forward to how he handles the Flyers bigger forwards.

I gave Kaberle a "D" as a grade for the first round.  I would like to see more from him in this round. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IWrong wrong stupid post go watch some baseballn Response to Don't even let Kaberle touch the ice against Philly:
    [QUOTE]Too soft, too I-don't-give-a-sh*t, too slow, too everything.  He didn't even show up against MMontreal and his ice time reflected it.  Good for CJ for all but benching him.  I wouldn't even let him suit up against Philly.  He'll get eaten alive by their forwards and pounded into oblivion - that if he even dares to take a hit.  And please, don't anyone even say "but we need him on the power play."  All he's done since he got here is take a gasping power play and choke the last dying breath out of it.  The guy is washed up, and he got hired here on his reputation and not his current skill.  Think Paul Coffey, redux.  PLEASE, CJ, bench this underperforming has-been and make him watch from the press box until he shows in practice that he gets it.  He's nothing other than a liability right now, at both ends of the ice. 
    Posted by wilsondogg[/QUOTE]