(Don't) Fire Julien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

(Don't) Fire Julien

Well, we started this thread last year and everything came up roses so let's try it again.

Obviously I don't want him fired but I'm concerned about the way they come out of the gate and seem disinterested and not committed to his system in the first period. 

There is no way this team is really as bad as they seem - too many solid NHL players in this lineup to turn in consistently poor performances.

They will right the ship at some point.  I just hope it's not too late.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Fire Julien

In Response to Fire Julien:
    [QUOTE]Well, we started this thread last year and everything came up roses so let's try it again. Obviously I don't want him fired but I'm concerned about the way they come out of the gate and seem disinterested and not committed to his system in the first period.  There is no way this team is really as bad as they seem - too many solid NHL players in this lineup to turn in consistently poor performances. They will right the ship at some point.  I just hope it's not too late.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Hang, it's hard to blame the system when they only give up 17 shots. The breakaway goal was the only one I saw that wasn't a result of weak goaltending. Both of Stamkos' goals were gifts. They actually limited T-Bay's chances and just needed one of the goalies to make some saves. Giving up 5 goals on 13 shots is unacceptable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Well its possible the players are not wanting to play cload's style and if they dont its easier to change the coach than the players, seems rough after a cup win but....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Fire Julien:
    [QUOTE]Well, we started this thread last year and everything came up roses so let's try it again. Obviously I don't want him fired but I'm concerned about the way they come out of the gate and seem disinterested and not committed to his system in the first period.  There is no way this team is really as bad as they seem - too many solid NHL players in this lineup to turn in consistently poor performances. They will right the ship at some point.  I just hope it's not too late.

hang - I'm gonna leave it at "They will right the ship..."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Injuries have sunk this ship, not the coach.

And yes, folks, I'm honestly starting to believe it is sunk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Julien:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Fire Julien : Hang, it's hard to blame the system when they only give up 17 shots. The breakaway goal was the only one I saw that wasn't a result of weak goaltending. Both of Stamkos' goals were gifts. They actually limited T-Bay's chances and just needed one of the goalies to make some saves. Giving up 5 goals on 13 shots is unacceptable.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

All true dez but I think most of my concern lies in the fact that they seem to be letting their opponents dictate the style of play and end up playing reactively instead of proactively.  I would never have imagined that the B's could only muster 2 shots against an 11th place team with a rookie goalie.  That's barely breathing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

They have been cursed recently by a combination of: 

Injuries. Bad Goaltending (Ours). Good Goaltending (Theirs). Bad luck (posts, missed chances).

The ship will right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: Fire Julien": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Julien : All true dez but I think most of my concern lies in the fact that they seem to be letting their opponents dictate the style of play and end up playing reactively instead of proactively.  I would never have imagined that the B's could only muster 2 shots against an 11th place team with a rookie goalie.  That's barely breathing. Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE] Hang, you have taken the words right out of my mouth, reacting instead of dictating the play, great minds think alike. ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Julien : All true dez but I think most of my concern lies in the fact that they seem to be letting their opponents dictate the style of play and end up playing reactively instead of proactively.  I would never have imagined that the B's could only muster 2 shots against an 11th place team with a rookie goalie.  That's barely breathing.
    Hang, I actually missed most of the 1st ( already 3-0 when I had to go out) and was quite surprised to find them down by 5 so early. As far as playoffs go, I'm very used to this team facing adversity so this is nothing new to me. I actually don't know how a season without it would feel. Don't worry, it will turn around before next month.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Julien : All true dez but I think most of my concern lies in the fact that they seem to be letting their opponents dictate the style of play and end up playing reactively instead of proactively.  I would never have imagined that the B's could only muster 2 shots against an 11th place team with a rookie goalie.  That's barely breathing.

Bang on.  What you figure has caused the Bruins to allow this style of play to creep into their game?  It's like their confidence has left them.  Not getting the timely saves probably doesn't help.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Julien : Bang on.  What you figure has caused the Bruins to allow this style of play to creep into their game?  It's like their confidence has left them.  Not getting the timely saves probably doesn't help.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Agreed RHO...once they fall behind it seems they have that "Here we go again" attitude and then it just spirals out of control. They have to re-commit to working harder than their opponent to get a lead instead of falling behind in the first 3 minutes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Julien : Hang, I actually missed most of the 1st ( already 3-0 when I had to go out) and was quite surprised to find them down by 5 so early. As far as playoffs go, I'm very used to this team facing adversity so this is nothing new to me. I actually don't know how a season without it would feel. Don't worry, it will turn around before next month.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez - Let's not forget the Bruins lost 10 in a row a couple of years ago.  It was put on the backburner after they rubbed out Buffalo in the playoffs.  So will this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Julien : Agreed RHO...once they fall behind it seems they have that "Here we go again" attitude and then it just spirals out of control. They have to re-commit to working harder than their opponent to get a lead instead of falling behind in the first 3 minutes.

Especially the working harder than their opponent part.  Still, I always recall the words of ex-Leaf coach Ron Wilson.  He said shaky goaltending makes all the players shaky.  Everybody gets tight for fear of making the mistake that ends up in the net because the goalie is struggling.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This isn't accurate. The Bruins were 8-4-1 in January. The losing started when Pev and Horton went down at the end of that month.

[QUOTE]Enough with the flippin "injuries" crutch.   They are 16-16-2 since Jan 1, and with Horton and Peverly they were 7-6-1 in that.  So, yeah, they ARE a 500 team because THE REST OF THE LEAGUE FIGURED THEM OUT .  End of story.   The D is pathetic .  It has been.   Since January 7th, they are avergaing 3.11 GA/G.   Good for 30th in the league in that span.  Live in it.  
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The team is so lost right now that I highly doubt a healthy Horton and Peverly would make much of a difference.  They have become fragile non-performers, top to bottom.  They need to commit themselves not only to CJ's system again, but more importantly - to each other.  They are currently just a bunch of individuals failing badly at playing a team game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Stop with the nonsense! there still along way to go.........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Injuries have sunk this ship, not the coach. And yes, folks, I'm honestly starting to believe it is sunk.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

u giving up again nas? say it ain't so? well crosby is back 2morrow, u going to grab a penguins jersey for stretch drive?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Julien:[QUOTE]This isn't accurate. The Bruins were 8-4-1 in January. The losing started when Pev and Horton went down at the end of that month. In Response to Re: Fire Julien :Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

It's never accurate it's worse flip flopping than Romney. The ship is going right itself then all the bandwagon jumpers will be right back on board just like last year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]Injuries have sunk this ship, not the coach. And yes, folks, I'm honestly starting to believe it is sunk.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

NAS, I know how you feel. Taking on water and beginning to list to the port side.  I doubt HORTON could ever get in game shape this year, if he started skating today.
    Hey, look at the NY Giants. They got hot at the right time. Wishful thinking perhaps. Anyway, the BRUINS have been the hunted all year. Last year they were the hunters. Right now, they have a ton of issues mostly compounded by injuries. I just hope they can hang in there, and get some bodies back. Maybe the "whole new season" mentality of the play-offs will help become hunters again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Worst part is, their supposed master plan of trading TIMMAY at the end of the year for a high end talent so Rask can take over next season is off the table, unless Timmy recovers the magic of last year. He looks very Turco-esque these days. Whcih makes me ponder, who the heck did the advance scouting on Marty? He plays like a beer league goalie. The Rangers would put 8 by Marty on a bad day. Again, the B's didn't do enough last summer to put together a team that could challenge the Rangers, Flyers, or Detroit. They gave up on my man Rydes, and said "oh, we have enough scorers as is". Nuff said.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

If they can't compete with a ton of guys dinged up, you don't blame the coach. It happens. The players will never use it as an excuse, but half the team last night were 4th liners and guys who would normally be playing in the AHL. Forget the record...the Bruins team on the ice last night had no chance against pro talent.

So if they get healthy, they'll win. If they don't, they'll lose. It's simple really. The extent of the winning and losing will depend on things like effort, heart and character...but those are only factors so much. If you don't have the talent on the ice, you don't have the talent.

It'll be interesting to watch either way. Maybe not fun, but interesting. Assuming solid but not stellar goaltending from TT (like rounds 1&2 last year), I predict a 2nd round exit if they get Peverly back and the D is relatively healthy. 1st round exit without Peverly. He's the guy that shifts everyone into more realistic spots on lines 1-4.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'll go down with the ship, if that's what happens. this team has repeatedly shown to us that they play their best when the going gets the hardest. last season's two 0-2 playoff recoveries. three game 7 victories. bouncing back after a bad october. now this. the bruins have been playing with ZERO pressure since december when they built a big conference lead with games in hand. well now the pressure is building, and i really believe they will respond like the champs they've proven to be.  my only real concern is in the net, which is ironic considering this has been a position of strength for the bruins for the past few years. i'd never quit on this team, not after the mental toughness that was displayed last season. they been playing for 3 months like a team that has taken making the playoffs for granted. let's see how they play now that their playoff life is at stake. i have confidence that bergy, chara, thomas will stand tall these next few weeks. GO B'S