Don't give it if you can't take it Crosby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Don't give it if you can't take it Crosby

I don't really understand the issue with the crosscheck on Crosby from Schenn. Does he really think he's untouchable and can crosscheck a guy without retribution.

Listen, if he doesn't want to miss more time with a concussion, stop playing that game. (quotes below)

"It's clearly a cheap shot," Bylsma said. "It's clearly a guy targeting a player that was well after the whistle."

Crosby, who has missed all but 19 games this season due to concussion-like symptoms, agreed.

"It's pretty cheap," Crosby said. "He skates 10 feet in between the whistle. I don't know. If that's a sign of what's to come, it's going to be a pretty tough playoff series."

As for Malkin, that guy plays a filthy game and the refs let him get away with it. I don't have any pity for Crosby and his concussion issues if this is the way he wants to play. 

Be more like Bergeron who doesn't do any of that carp.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Don't give it if you can't take it Crosby

In Response to Don't give it if you can't take it Crosby:
    [QUOTE]I don't really understand the issue with the crosscheck on Crosby from Schenn. Does he really think he's untouchable and can crosscheck a guy without retribution. Listen, if he doesn't want to miss more time with a concussion, stop playing that game. (quotes below) "It's clearly a cheap shot," Bylsma said. "It's clearly a guy targeting a player that was well after the whistle." Crosby, who has missed all but 19 games this season due to concussion-like symptoms, agreed. "It's pretty cheap," Crosby said. "He skates 10 feet in between the whistle. I don't know. If that's a sign of what's to come, it's going to be a pretty tough playoff series." As for Malkin, that guy plays a filthy game and the refs let him get away with it. I don't have any pity for Crosby and his concussion issues if this is the way he wants to play.  Be more like Bergeron who doesn't do any of that carp.  
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    Maybe Crosby's recent concussion issues have affected his short term memory because he seems to have forgotten that he had just hit Schenn in a similar fashion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Please read the article I put on the "This is an honest hockey team" thread! It fits perfectly, because of the way the Pens are handling this compared to what the B's do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

When something happens to a pens player i always think of one of my favorite sayings.......... what go's around, comes around. Suck it up Sid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I hate the fact that everything is crosby crosby crosby. Hes a cheap shot artists that is always looked past and he sux up to the league because of his situation. Play with fore you get burnt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Crosby did it while play was going on. Schenn waited till he saw an 8 and 7 and after play was stopped. You don't like the hit, hit him back, just do it during the play like Crosby did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Don't give it if you can't take it Crosby:
    [QUOTE]Crosby did it while play was going on. Schenn waited till he saw an 8 and 7 and after play was stopped. You don't like the hit, hit him back, just do it during the play like Crosby did.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]I don't think there is a code of conduct concerning how dirty and chippy type play is meted out. Sid is guilty of chippy play before, during and after the play. Like i said, suck it up Sid. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Crosby did it while play was going on. Schenn waited till he saw an 8 and 7 and after play was stopped. You don't like the hit, hit him back, just do it during the play like Crosby did.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Crosby hit him and took off. Schenn caught up with him and let him know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't give it if you can't take it Crosby : I don't think there is a code of conduct concerning how dirty and chippy type play is meted out. Sid is guilty of chippy play before, during and after the play. Like i said, suck it up Sid. 
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

I realize he is chippy, complains and does the stickwork, I just dont recall him ever doing something sfter the whistle and I watch alot of his games. Superstar, concussion etc..whatever, he's fair game, just do it during play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have so little sympathy for both teams here.  The Flyers have been playing thug hockey forever and there is a growing list of guys like Horton (and TJ Galiardi) who are stuck on the IR from total cheapshots by Sestito and Rinaldo, etc.  For the Flyers to complain about an injury to Briere on a perfectly clean hit is beyond insane.

The Penguins garner no sympathy either though.  The employers of Matt Cooke and a few absolute star players who just can't resist throwing cheap shots of their own.

I hope these teams absolutely beat eachother to oblivion, to the benefit of everyone else in the east. 

It's like watching a bar fight between a rapist and a pedofile -- you can't go wrong, and for God's sake, nobody break it up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't give it if you can't take it Crosby : I realize he is chippy, complains and does the stickwork, I just dont recall him ever doing something sfter the whistle and I watch alot of his games. Superstar, concussion etc..whatever, he's fair game, just do it during play.
    I agree ,but alot of this crap happens after the whistle, scrums etc. It can't be helped. Schenn likely thought here's my chance ,from behind or not, and let Sid know the previous crosscheck was not going to be tolerated.Lets just say there is alot of bad blood here and this type of stuff is going to happen. Neither team are angels.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the difference between the bruins and others, when something happens to the bruins giving or receiving- toe the party line "it's a league matter", heck they've even been known to call out their own (ference on paille). when there's an incident involving the other teams in the league, they pine for the nearest tv camera and lobby to shanahan immediately. whiners- utterly shameless. what do you think clode would have said about a team putting their tough guys on the ice in the waning minutes? NOTHING, therein lies the difference. crosby is a bit**, who just happens to be the best hockey player on the planet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

He tried to go after Krecji several times for his accidental elbow. Does Sidney need a tissue?

I agree, suck it up Sid. You should expect to get shots like that. Especially if you instigate it with someone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't give it if you can't take it Crosby : Crosby hit him and took off. Schenn caught up with him and let him know.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ok, I see how you can say it that way. I am totally biased when it comes to Sid, love watching him. I like it when he does the chippy stuff then when someone gets him he gives them the "do you know who I am look" ...I would so be that way if I were him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No , you don't want to be Sid the Kid. He's never grown up mentally, and is a whiner during every aspect of the game. His chirps to the refs are continual and biased for Sid only. Do not like this guy as a person. Certainly has some excellent skills, but really fails in the personality department.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Boychuck certainly owes Malkin one tonight

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Sid has done a few whacks after the whistle but not too much. Too obvious and he might have to answer for it. he'd rather get you to retaliate so he can cry to the ref. He prefers to do it away from the play and when your back is turned or otherwise not expecting it. He will only fight when he knows he can jump you without you expecting it. Such a spoiled punk. I hate that he's so talented and the rest of the package is so awful.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Crosby is awesome. But he has some Marchand in him, and when you play like that guys are going to come after you. He needs to either clean up that stuff or, like Marchand, be ready for it and not whine when guys take runs at him. I have no problem with any of it, what Crosby did or what Schen did, but I have no use for complaining. That Pens are not a clean team by any stretch, so they should be ready to take abuse. The battle of Pennsylvania is going to be epic this year. I hope it goes 7 grueling games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]No , you don't want to be Sid the Kid. He's never grown up mentally, and is a whiner during every aspect of the game. His chirps to the refs are continual and biased for Sid only. Do not like this guy as a person. Certainly has some excellent skills, but really fails in the personality department.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

How do you know how he is off the ice? David Ortiz is the biggest whiner in baseball, yet off the field I'm not sure you can find a more engaging star player who devotes more time and money to charities, his country etc.

NHL Network did a segment on Sid, he does alot for people/kids. I remember reading an article on him where a kid wrote him a letter and asked if Sid could drop the opening face off ball at his street hockey tournament. Sid showed up, actually played goalie for a team and bought everyone pizzas, gave autographs etc..

John Tortorella is the biggest loud mouth going. Google what he does for people and sick kids.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

this is the key point.  play was over.  Crosby was almost at the bench so guard completely down and Schenn cross checked him from behind.  prone player with no ability to protect himself.  dirty play that i would have fined or suspened him for.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

tremha, your guard should never be down when you are on the ice LEAST of all in front of the opponents bench. That's like crossing the battle lines and saying "oh don't mind me, just passing through." How often do players take liberties when they are in front of the benches?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't give it if you can't take it Crosby : this is the key point.  play was over.  Crosby was almost at the bench so guard completely down and Schenn cross checked him from behind.  prone player with no ability to protect himself.  dirty play that i would have fined or suspened him for.
    Posted by tremha[/QUOTE]

I dunno.  When I watch that play, I see the Pen's player making a point.  He didn't remotely come close to hurting Crosby. It was technically a crosscheck, but it was more of a 2 handed "push" while holding the stick, across the shoulder blades.  He pushed him to the ice, never went near his head, and didnt deliver a crosscheck like a Pronger or Chelios would have.

If he wanted to hurt Crosby in that instance, he could have destroyed him. I think it was a very measured purpose move and nothing else.  Nothing particularly dirty about it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

I dont care if it was after the whistle, crosby earned that crosscheck

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

My point is - don't whine if you were the one instigating. I don't have a problem with either hit, just have a problem with Sid calling it a cheap shot. It's called retaliation. For a guy that has been out with a concussion, it's pretty stupid, and dangerous, to be instigating