Don't Mess with the 3rd Line!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Don't Mess with the 3rd Line!

For the first time this season, Glyder/Ryder is playing some good hockey. Why on earth do people want the 3rd line broken up ?  I'm scared if you move Peverley or Kelly,  Ryder will disappear on us again and we need that line to keep up their good work.

Just my thoughts.....Go B's Go !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

Re: Don't Mess with the 3rd Line!

unfair to stick Seguin on the 2nd line and put him onto a line that plays very strong D.  Kelly will have to do his best bergeron impression and seguin will slide onto the 3rd line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Don't Mess with the 3rd Line!:
    For the first time this season, Glyder/Ryder is playing some good hockey. Why on earth do people want the 3rd line broken up ?  I'm scared if you move Peverley or Kelly,  Ryder will disappear on us again and we need that line to keep up their good work. Just my thoughts.....Go B's Go !
    Posted by Stuke50

i said the same thing stuke. i really believe the best fit between marchand and recchi would be campbell. he not getting alot of ice time with thornton and paille. so why not leave the 3rd line alone and have seguin in between the 4th liners for there 9 shifts plus have him for the power play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I think if we are going to see what Seguin can do offensively, we cannot expect him to do it with Paille & Thornton being the supporting cast.

I like the idea of the 3rd line. More offensive support from the linemates without being top 6 forward ice time.

I know everyone will say "but Marchand showcased himself on the 4th line" and that is absolutely true. However, Seguin is more of a finesse player as opposed to #63 who is the true definition of a grit player.

I think the kid will be good. I would love to see him explode offensively but realistically speaking, I don't think that will happen. But wouldn't it be a great Hollywood script if it did?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

marchand played with campbell, with much success this year. they were on the original energy line that "brought it" earlier in the season. they have chemistry already established. seguin to the 4th, limit his minutes- no pressure to produce. keep 1& 3 untouched. messing with only one of your top 3 lines, makes most sense to me. but what do i know?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

II love that toe tag-LOL I am a Bruins fan living in TOn Response to Re: Don't Mess with the 3rd Line!:
    I think if we are going to see what Seguin can do offensively, we cannot expect him to do it with Paille & Thornton being the supporting cast. I like the idea of the 3rd line. More offensive support from the linemates without being top 6 forward ice time. I know everyone will say "but Marchand showcased himself on the 4th line" and that is absolutely true. However, Seguin is more of a finesse player as opposed to #63 who is the true definition of a grit player. I think the kid will be good. I would love to see him explode offensively but realistically speaking, I don't think that will happen. But wouldn't it be a great Hollywood script if it did?
    Posted by Ronstar8

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I agree that is a great 3rd line
    Not many teams have a 3rd line that can score!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Don't Mess with the 3rd Line!:
    II love that toe tag-LOL I am a Bruins fan living in TOn Response to Re: Don't Mess with the 3rd Line! :
    Posted by Canadianfan6

Í'm a B's fan formally from Montreal and currently living in Panama.... Not the city in Florida, the country that boarders Colombia!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Campbell has great checking skills and he's scored some snazzy goals this year.  Seems he would be closer to a Bergeron clone than Kelly.  As Loyal points out above, he's not getting much TOI on the fourth, even with PK duty.  This would gave him a chance to step it up.  He's not likely to make any big mistakes.  

Kelly would be good, but Campbell would be better.   IMHO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me thinks that Julien wants to see if Ryder can rekindle the very early season chemistry he had with Seguin. That flip pass that Slyder made to Tyler in the 2nd game of the season over in Czechoslovakia was a thing of beauty. In another game Segs made a great pass right into Michael's wheelhouse it was buried.

I also think CJ might even feel more comfortable with Ryder riding shotgun with Tyler plus I lost count how many times Peveley has come out of the corners lately looking to set up a onetime.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Hey Ronstar, do you get games on tv in Panama?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I wish I did, Canfan6!!

I enquired as to the availability of NHL Center Ice and they are not offering it internationally. So I found a gem of a website. I pay $10 a month and I get to watch many different sport streams.... especially hockey! So I hook it up to my TV with a HDMI cable and for a short while, it feels like i'm back home in Canada!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I try not to participate too much in the armchair coach threads, but what the heck.

The argument on putting Paille or Campbell on the 2nd line does make sense.   I guess it depends on if you want the line to be more defensive or offensive minded.   With Paille or Campbell I think you would have to ask the line to be more defensive minded and not try to make the sometimes risky plays to generate the extra offensive push you would with Bergeron playing.   With Seguin you are able to push the offensive envelope a little more, but you do lose out on the defensive end at the same time.   Tampa's second line is strong enough that you have to pay them respect.

Part of the reason PC and team got Kelly is that he is a player that has a history of stepping up to the top lines and having success.   He centered the first line for stretches in Ottawa in another lifetime and did well.   I think he's going to be fine on our second line.   Not quite Bergeron, but plenty good enough to hold his own.

Putting Seguin back with the linemates he has played most with does make sense.   Throwing him into the third round of the playoffs with guys he's not used to could lead to goals against pretty quick.  For that reason I'm good with him starting out on the 3rd or 4th line.    If he can help those lines get the puck deep, generate chances, prevent any prime scoring opportunities against, and dominate puck control I'll be happy, regardless of if his line scores or not.

After I look at the pros and cons, I think the direction indicated thus far by the Bruins is the right one.

Sections
Shortcuts