Don't Plan the Parade Yet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Don't Plan the Parade Yet

Reading all of the posts, listing to the HUB, everyone is already planning the parade.  This is a best of 7 series; and 2 of the last 3 games are in Vancouver.  We have yet to win in Vancouver.

Remember we scored 9 goals in 2 games against Montreal; and barely beat them in 7. 

This game is going to hing on tomorrows game.  The first team to lose at home will lose this series. 

Sure I like how things are going now....but...we still have to win 2 more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet

Totally agree with you.  All we have done is tie this thing up.  Granted that was huge but I said yesterday that with each win the next one is even more important.  Its a best of 3 series now with the Canucks holding home ice advantage.  We need to win in their barn.  Preferably tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Tonight is a game  7 for us and the bruins are well aware of that

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Don't Plan the Parade Yet:
    [QUOTE]Reading all of the posts, listing to the HUB, everyone is already planning the parade.  This is a best of 7 series; and 2 of the last 3 games are in Vancouver.  We have yet to win in Vancouver. Remember we scored 9 goals in 2 games against Montreal; and barely beat them in 7.  This game is going to hing on tomorrows game.  The first team to lose at home will lose this series.  Sure I like how things are going now....but...we still have to win 2 more.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

Yep...I totally agree as well. Doesn't mean I'm not optimistic--I am, and I am thrilled with what this team has done to re-inspire me and turn me from a doubter to a believer. But there's a fine line between hoping for and even expecting the best and playing hare to the tortoise.

As TT pointed out recently, momentum means nothing once the puck is dropped on a new game. If the Bruins play the way they did in games 3 and 4, I believe they will win the series. But nothing is guaranteed.

Let's think about the parade when the Bruins win 2 more games, but not before.

Go Bruins!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I only disagree on the point that who ever loses at home first loses the series.

The original point is 100% valid.

You would think, I think the Bruins have the momentum to sweep this series.

BUT

Luongo could get his act together.  As could the Sedins.  And the Canucks could give a thought about a strategy to beat the Bruins which I don't think they've done yet.

Whether people want to face it or not, these are the possibilities.

Not only are they possibilities, but they are REAL possibilities.

It is well within the realm of possibility that the Canucks win the next 2.

Or the Bruins could win today and lose Monday and we have a 7th game Wed.

Or the Bruins could lose tonight and win Monday and we have a 7th game.

I'm happy the team is in the finals.  Exceeded expectations.  This will be even a better team next year.  A cup this year is possible, but it is still a hard road left.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree thank God the players don't have the same attitude otherwise that would be an area of concern!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The players and the fans who actually know the game realize this. THIS is the game that has to be won in Vancouver. No one wants to have to go back for a game 7.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

HUBBY SAID IT'S AWFUL BUT PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canucks2011Champs. Show Canucks2011Champs's posts

Boston has Stanley Cup victory parades for other teams! I remember the victory parade they had for the Colorado Avalanche! Boston = city of losers!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

HUBBY SAID THAT IF BRUINS DON'T WIN THE CUP HE WILL BUY  A MINIATURE STANLEY CUP AND HE WILL MAIL IT TO THE TEAM ..POOR BABY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet:
    [QUOTE]Boston has Stanley Cup victory parades for other teams! I remember the victory parade they had for the Colorado Avalanche! Boston = city of losers!
    Posted by Canucks2011Champs[/QUOTE]

Exactly how many championships does Vancouver have?  Oh, thats right...your a 1 sport town. 

...compared to say:

7 World series titles
    3 Superbowl titles
    17 NBA titles

and 5 Stanley Cups. 

I don't think you really want to go there.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

DARLING STOP THIS RIGHT NOW... IDIOT IS NOT A GOOD WORD TO SAY...I KNOW SOMETIMES YOU ARE BUT IT'S PRIVATE AND BETWEEN US SO PLEASE DON'T ACT LIKE A CLOWN HERE...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]Boston has Stanley Cup victory parades for other teams! I remember the victory parade they had for the Colorado Avalanche! Boston = city of losers!

HAhaha good one. I dont even get this whole victory parade concept days after the game, must be a Boston thing. Our parades here in Montreal occur right after the games and are the best and brightest. By brightest, I mean you can actually see the flames glowing from all the way in Toronto. Its like an aurora borealis, but with burning car paint. And we dont even need to win a cup to have one, sometimes a first round series will do. We are spontaneous that way.
    BTW Bostonians, city of losers, arent you bored having to throw one of these victory parades things? I mean, 6 going on 7 in a ten year span is just over doing it. This year, just burn some sh*t down and move on already.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]I am pretty sure fans know this.   Just like the Game 3 win meant nothing without Game 4's win, Game 5 is now as big. Step on their throat. Bruins need to channel what they did here and plop it on the ice at the Rogers Center. Considering the formula is effort, passion, grit, skating and toughness, this isn't rocket science. Nor is it a technical thing where precision is the key. That's Vancouver.  Boston just has to harness their attitude from Game's 3 and 4. I like their odds, as opposed to Vancouver, who has a litany of concerns to try to flip a switch against, what is now a confident team, with a basic formula to combat what the Canucks do. People act like Boston played poorly in Vancouver in Games 1 and 2.  It wasn't perfect by any means, but two solid road games.  They know they HAVE to be better than those, so I think the B's are up to that challenge. Point taken, though.  I still like the spot they are in. I also like how it's only one day off.  Any extra days would have helped Vancouver. Keep dumping and chasing and banging the daylights out of that D Corps. Also, I am not going to lie. Thomas has that look. It's the look he gets when he hasn't rested for 2 weeks and he looks like he's about to stare a hole through the wall.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Great point re: games 1 and 2. The Bruins played an excellent road game and easily could have won. We all know what happened and it doesn't excuse their lapses in judgment the led to those defeats, but by no means were they blown away as Van. was in games 3 and 4.

My only concern is that the Bruins have shown a propensity to let up when theys houldn't; whether it's having trouble protecting a 3-goal lead* or letting a team off the hook in an elimination game (Mtl. in round 1 and Tampa in round 3). But I really feel like now--with the Cup SO close and within reach, the adrenaline so high and the extra motivation of avenging for Horton--all of the obvious reasons...the Bruins will finally get it and get the job done. It all starts tonight--time for Boston to be the first team to get a road win in the series and move one step closer to the Stanley Cup.

*Obviously not a problem in game 4.

Go Bruins!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'm not planning anything other than screaming at the top of my lungs at the television tonight and Monday.

Everything else is beyond my control.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

As far as the best defensemen, Nicklas Lidstrom is the best defensemen ever.

did I just read that right?

any tiny shred of credibility you had is gone.
    Every single hockey fan in the universe knows who the best defenseman ever to play the game is...and he ain't from Detroit, thats for sure!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet : While I will agree that Detroit and Philadelphia are two of the best sports towns arounds, I disagree with the fact of honoring another team's Stanley Cup championship. Ray Bourgue was leach on the Avalanche, he is not better than Karl Marlone going to the Lakers in 2004, thank god for the Detroit Pistons! To honor Colorado is just pathetic and really shows how bad the Bruins have been. As far as the best defensemen, Nicklas Lidstrom is the best defensemen ever. Vancouver has 5 Grey Cups, so stop saying we do not have any championships! You can keep the NFL with all of their rapists, drug addicts, and murderers!

These ignorant Americans wont know what you mean about the Grey Cup. They are so silly, they call it the "Hahaha Cup". As far as the rest of what you have to say, I wish I could agree, but I cant because you are from Vancouver and even those of us in Montreal are afraid of a city of mental patients.
    But dont worry, if the Bruins do beat you for the Cup, us Montrealers will claim the championship as ours because we came close to beating them. As the old Canadien saying goes, if you cant beat them, then claim you were robbed and call yourselves the Champs anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet : Ray Bourque is not the second best defencemen! Bourque only has 5 Norris Trophies and 1 cup, Lidstrom has 6 (7th this year) Norris Trophies and 4 cups. Seems like you are the stupid one! 1. Doug Harvey 2. Bobby Orr 3. Nicklas Lidstrom 4. Ray Bourgue And as good as Harvey and Orr were, they fall in to the Babe Ruth argument. Just like Ruth never faced a black pitcher, Orr and Harvey didn't play the European style game. So it is not a far comparison!

You forgot PK Subban, the greatest of all time. Dont they teach hockey history in Vancouver?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

hahahahahahaha
    the comedy is unbearable.
    who writes your material?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet : While I will agree that Detroit and Philadelphia are two of the best sports towns arounds, I disagree with the fact of honoring another team's Stanley Cup championship. Ray Bourgue was leach on the Avalanche, he is not better than Karl Marlone going to the Lakers in 2004, thank god for the Detroit Pistons! To honor Colorado is just pathetic and really shows how bad the Bruins have been. As far as the best defensemen, Nicklas Lidstrom is the best defensemen ever. Vancouver has 5 Grey Cups, so stop saying we do not have any championships! You can keep the NFL with all of their rapists, drug addicts, and murderers!

Considering that only Saskatchewan has fewer Grey Cup wins than the BC Lions, I don't know if you should make this a bragging point. Ottawa has more Grey Cups, and they don't even have a team anymore.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canucks2011Champs. Show Canucks2011Champs's posts

[QUOTE]hahahahahahaha the comedy is unbearable. who writes your material?
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

It is called NHL stats, try looking them up!

Ray Bourgue Norris Trophies: 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1994 = 5 total
    Nicklas Lidstrom Norris Trophies: 2001 (Ray Bourgue was runner-up), 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008 = 6 total

Ray Bourge Stanley Cups: 2001 (with Colorado) = 1 total
    Nicklas Lidstrom Stanley Cups: 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008 = 4 total

Lidstrom is better, the numbers don't lie! 

Denial is not just a river in Egypt!

25. This post has been removed.