Don't Plan the Parade Yet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet

In Response to Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet : It is called NHL stats, try looking them up! Ray Bourgue Norris Trophies: 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1994 = 5 total Nicklas Lidstrom Norris Trophies: 2001 (Ray Bourgue was runner-up), 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008 = 6 total Ray Bourge Stanley Cups: 2001 (with Colorado) = 1 total Nicklas Lidstrom Stanley Cups: 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008 = 4 total Lidstrom is better, the numbers don't lie!  Denial is not just a river in Egypt!
    Posted by Canucks2011Champs[/QUOTE]

You should also show career stats and +/- to even more fully prove your excellent point. I would, but I cant stop sobbing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet : It is called NHL stats, try looking them up! Ray Bourgue Norris Trophies: 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1994 = 5 total Nicklas Lidstrom Norris Trophies: 2001 (Ray Bourgue was runner-up), 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008 = 6 total Ray Bourge Stanley Cups: 2001 (with Colorado) = 1 total Nicklas Lidstrom Stanley Cups: 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008 = 4 total Lidstrom is better, the numbers don't lie!  Denial is not just a river in Egypt!

Noticed you decided to ignore my Grey Cup comment.

And when Nik Lidstrom takes over the lead from Bourque in EVERY statistical category of note for D-men, then you can talk about him being better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

No, you are so out there you don't get it.
    I don't care if it was the 70's. The league talent wasn't diluted then.
    Why don't you try posting Bobby Orr's stats and tell me what you see?
    Ask any fan who ever watched the game whether it be in Toronto, Boston, Ottawa, Montreal, or Moscow, who the greatest defenseman ever to play the game was and they will all say Robert Gordon Orr. Hands down.

I'm not knocking Lidstrom, Harvey, Borque or anyone. There is just no viable comparison. Orr is in his own universe.

If you don't think so or think Lidstrom is better than Orr, all I can say is you are sadly mistaken and know NOTHING about the game of hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet : Doug Harvey is better than Bobby Orr? lol!!! Lidstrom, is top 3? bahwhhaah!! You are a clueless little troll geek with an obvious agenda.  The fact is, if there was a draft and Montreal did not control all Quebec born players pre 1961, Doug Harvey isn't sitting on all those Cups. FACT Note how Montreal didn't win as many cups post 1961 when they were exposed for cheating trying to keep all Quebec born players under their control.   How many since 1961? 6? Your premise is based on flawed awards or Cup totals.  FAIL Lidstrom never played on a bad team in his life.   He's like the Brett Favre of defenseman. Totally overrated even though he had a great career. Watch, they'll forcibly give him anohter Norris, yet he was a MINUS PLAYER this year! I remember when the NHL would give other defenseman the Norris just to avoid giving it to Bourque.  Yet, Bourque was clearly better than Chris Chelios, Al MacInnis, Scott Stevens, Larry Murphy, Rod Langway, etc. That's the other thing  wiht Lidstrom. He had MacInnis, an aging Stevens, Nideremayer and MAYBE an overrated Pronger as his main Norris competition.  Compare it to Bourque's competition and it ain't remotely comparable. Bourque is the all time leader for D Men in points!!!  Harvey is the guy who played for Montreal and won Cups.  It doesn't mean he was better than Bourque.  Show us where Harvey is better than Bourque. You lose, kiddie. Bourque was clearly more gifted than Harvey. Clearly.  I have seen limited films of Harvey, but the amount of records, incredible longevity or consistency that Bourque showed in an era with other GREAT defensemen alogngside him, Bourque was he preeminent two defenseman once Potvin retired. Not even close to being a question. Bourque is the best point man on the PP all time, has the most accurate shot ever from a defenseman, and is only behind Orr and Coffey in terms of skating and generating offense from the blueline. Not an opinion, a fact. As a rookie Bourque ascended immediately, while it took YEARS for Lidstrom to ascend alsongisde loaded talent in Ken Holland's Detroit. By your logic both Lidstrom and Harvey are better than Orr. It's not about Cup totals. If you put Bourque on the Red Wings in the 1990s, he would have helped them win a Cup every year, instead of Detroit losing to NJ or getting slapped by Colorado. The best defenseman Bourque was ever paired with was Brad Park. An OLD Brad Park. And then it was Garry Galley. Look at who Lidstrom played with!  As if you couldn't have handed the Norris to Bourque ever year? The only reason why Chelios won it in 1989 was because Bourque missed some games due to an injury. lol Chelios had 12 more points than Bourque due to injury, so he's the Norris! lmao Bourque was as good at age 40 as Lidstrom was at age 28. FACT 1. Orr 2. Bourque 3. Harvey 4. Potvin 5. Shore Nighty night.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Stop making sense, it only makes you look silly.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Borque:  19 time all star;  1579 career points regular season (22 seasons)
    Lidstrom:  12 time all star; 1108 career points regular season (20 seasons, counting the lockout year he played in Sweden)

unless Lidstrom can be an all star 7 more time (6 if you count the lockout year) and score 471 points in the next 2 seasons, then he is a pretty close second...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]Boston has Stanley Cup victory parades for other teams! I remember the victory parade they had for the Colorado Avalanche! Boston = city of losers!

boston = city of losers????????????? are you out of your fkn mind??????

you sound as rediculious as that punk kid canuck fan who D & C have been sh!tting on all week with his bold prediction WEEI.......if I didn't know better I'd think that your probably a yankee fan as well..........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Wow, I wish had 5 gray cups more than our 3 Super Bowls!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

King, you could extend that to 4 of the best 10, if you included Park. Runner-up to the Norris 6 times behind some guys named Orr and Potvin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, I wish had 5 gray cups more than our 3 Super Bowls!!!
    Posted by blydon75[/QUOTE]

yeah, I didn't know that the circus was in town? freakin forum is full of azzclowns..........wearing green with signs on the back that sez kick me hard!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

I dont get this whole victory parade days later thing anyway. When we Quebecois win, our parade is immediate. It is the best and brightest! And by brightest, I mean you can see the flames glowing all the way from Toronto. Burning car paint really lights up the night.
    And of course, we dont do silly things like wait to win a Cup. We hold our parades even after first round wins. You wish you lived here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet : Doug Harvey is better than Bobby Orr? lol!!! Lidstrom, is top 3? bahwhhaah!! You are a clueless little troll geek with an obvious agenda.  The fact is, if there was a draft and Montreal did not control all Quebec born players pre 1961, Doug Harvey isn't sitting on all those Cups. FACT Note how Montreal didn't win as many cups post 1961 when they were exposed for cheating trying to keep all Quebec born players under their control.   How many since 1961? 6? Your premise is based on flawed awards or Cup totals.  FAIL Lidstrom never played on a bad team in his life.   He's like the Brett Favre of defenseman. Totally overrated even though he had a great career. Watch, they'll forcibly give him anohter Norris, yet he was a MINUS PLAYER this year! I remember when the NHL would give other defenseman the Norris just to avoid giving it to Bourque.  Yet, Bourque was clearly better than Chris Chelios, Al MacInnis, Scott Stevens, Larry Murphy, Rod Langway, etc. That's the other thing  wiht Lidstrom. He had MacInnis, an aging Stevens, Nideremayer and MAYBE an overrated Pronger as his main Norris competition.  Compare it to Bourque's competition and it ain't remotely comparable. Bourque is the all time leader for D Men in points!!!  Harvey is the guy who played for Montreal and won Cups.  It doesn't mean he was better than Bourque.  Show us where Harvey is better than Bourque. You lose, kiddie. Bourque was clearly more gifted than Harvey. Clearly.  I have seen limited films of Harvey, but the amount of records, incredible longevity or consistency that Bourque showed in an era with other GREAT defensemen alogngside him, Bourque was he preeminent two defenseman once Potvin retired. Not even close to being a question. Bourque is the best point man on the PP all time, has the most accurate shot ever from a defenseman, and is only behind Orr and Coffey in terms of skating and generating offense from the blueline. Not an opinion, a fact. As a rookie Bourque ascended immediately, while it took YEARS for Lidstrom to ascend alsongisde loaded talent in Ken Holland's Detroit. By your logic both Lidstrom and Harvey are better than Orr. It's not about Cup totals. If you put Bourque on the Red Wings in the 1990s, he would have helped them win a Cup every year, instead of Detroit losing to NJ or getting slapped by Colorado. The best defenseman Bourque was ever paired with was Brad Park. An OLD Brad Park. And then it was Garry Galley. Look at who Lidstrom played with!  As if you couldn't have handed the Norris to Bourque ever year? The only reason why Chelios won it in 1989 was because Bourque missed some games due to an injury. lol Chelios had 12 more points than Bourque due to injury, so he's the Norris! lmao Bourque was as good at age 40 as Lidstrom was at age 28. FACT 1. Orr 2. Bourque 3. Harvey 4. Potvin 5. Shore Nighty night.

If you are going to continue to make compete sense, then I am going to have to put you on ignore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat11. Show gymrat11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet : While I will agree that Detroit and Philadelphia are two of the best sports towns arounds, I disagree with the fact of honoring another team's Stanley Cup championship. Ray Bourgue was leach on the Avalanche, he is not better than Karl Marlone going to the Lakers in 2004, thank god for the Detroit Pistons! To honor Colorado is just pathetic and really shows how bad the Bruins have been. As far as the best defensemen, Nicklas Lidstrom is the best defensemen ever. Vancouver has 5 Grey Cups, so stop saying we do not have any championships! You can keep the NFL with all of their rapists, drug addicts, and murderers!

If your going to put down Boston and say its the city of losers, stay with your own team....Dont add Philly or detroit. And stick to real football, not semi-pro canadien football.....The only thing vancouver is good for is fishing!!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Plan the Parade Yet : If your going to put down Boston and say its the city of losers, stay with your own team....Dont add Philly or detroit. And stick to real football, not semi-pro canadien football.....The only thing vancouver is good for is fishing!!!!
    Posted by gymrat11[/QUOTE]

It's not semi-pro, it's good solid pro ball, but I never agree with the comparisons between CFL and NFL anyway - they're completely different games, with Canadian rules favouring smaller faster players, and the NFL being much more of a power game. They share some basics, but they are not the same sport so the comparisons don't work.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat11. Show gymrat11's posts

It is semi pro, if it were professional, then they would be in the NFL. The players that arent good enough to play in the NFL go play in the CFL.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Nothing personal, but the CFL is a league for players who aren't good enough to play in the NFL. It's the same sport, the CFL is just the junior circuit. I'd even argue some college teams would beat some CFL teams. I think you are spinning a little because you follow it. 

I disagree, it's not the same sport. On certain positions, yes, the CFL is the league below the NFL. We'll agree on that. But in other psitions, because of the VASTLY diferent rules, different kinds of players are needed. This is most evident in the constitution of the lines. I follow them both, but they're not the same sport.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I used to watch the Bruins mostly to watch Ray Bourque make that first pass. And that low, accurate slapshot on the pp. I knew it wasn't going to last forever. We had a parade for Ray because we wanted to show our appreciation.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

King, they aren't - 3 downs vs 4 downs,
    12 players vs. 11 players,
    front of end zone uprights vs. back of end zone uprights,
    110 yads by 65 yards vs. 100 by 53 1/3 yards
     no tight end vs a tgiht end,
    larger footballs in the Canadian game,
    single point rouge vs. no single point,
    no fair catch vs. fair catch,
    yard off scrimmage vs. 11 inch off srimmage,
    no touch up on a kick in the end zone vs. touching up,
    all back field players allowed to be in motion at the snap vs. only one player in motion,
    20 seconds from the end of the previous play to snap the ball vs. 40 seconds for the snap,
    three minute warning vs two minute warning,
    one yard holding limit off scrimmage vs five yard limit,
    no-onside kick formations vs. onside kick formations,
    last team to touch the ball before it is fumbled out of bounds gets it vs. last team to possess the ball before it was fumbled out of bonds gets it,
    the scored upon team can kick off, scrimmage from the 35, or receive a kick vs. scoring team kicks,
    open field kick vs. no open field kick.

They're different sports. And the Canadian rules predate the American rules.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

I totally agree. If the Bees continue to play with this intensity and grit - banging everything that moves - then they have a good shot of beating these guys. If we revert back to a defensive style... giving space when their forwards come over the blue line... we're done!

25. This post has been removed.