Dope Slapped

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Dope Slapped

I REALLY feel "dope slapped" after watching that 2nd period collapse. It's hard not to blame the coach for this one. No excuse for the B's losing their focus after what happened to us last year. Claude is extremely limited in the motivational skill area. The fact that several of our best players (not Bergy) fell apart in the 2nd hits at the core of the problem. We CAN kill this Tampa team if we play 60 minutes of focused, smart hockey. It's up to Claude NOW to get that performance. Everone in the Black and Gold should be embarassed right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Dope Slapped

In Response to Dope Slapped:
    I REALLY feel "dope slapped" after watching that 2nd period collapse. It's hard not to blame the coach for this one. No excuse for the B's losing their focus after what happened to us last year. Claude is extremely limited in the motivational skill area. The fact that several of our best players (not Bergy) fell apart in the 2nd hits at the core of the problem. We CAN kill this Tampa team if we play 60 minutes of focused, smart hockey. It's up to Claude NOW to get that performance. Everone in the Black and Gold should be embarassed right now.
    Posted by PetesCall

It's not that bad, it's only a hockey game.  TB is far from the pushover team you make them out to be.  Like you say though, play focused and smart, and the B's will win this series.  Don't, and their done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Today was certainly a groin-kick of a loss to watch.  Again, it's not so much that the Bruins lost the game but how they lost.  Regardless of how it's served, it's still in the L column but somehow I think if the B's went down swinging, so to speak, the frustration level among supporters wouldn't be so high.  Each team is a worthy opponent of each other and to have gotten this far. 

Any team can blow a lead.  Problem is the series is four games in and the Bruins have let one game slip away and almost did the same in another.  The flip side is the Bruins have shown they can handle TB when they play with determination and physicality.  I say it's better they come home with the split on the road than down 3-1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

You can't blame the coach for some of the weak plays that lead to TBay goals.

Thomas' confusion behind the net. Kaberle's weak effort on the 3rd one...Looch's terrible pass out of the zone on the fourth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Hadn't felt like this since we blew a 3-0 lead last year in game 7.  Lucky it was not a game 7...just hope that this is not a turning point for the Dolts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Dope Slapped:
    Hadn't felt like this since we blew a 3-0 lead last year in game 7.  Lucky it was not a game 7...just hope that this is not a turning point for the Dolts.
    Posted by dbg1

dbg1 - I hear you but if anything the Bruins have largely shown in these playoffs, today notwithstanding, is their resilience and composure.  They got the split away and return home even and thankfully not down 3-1 after dropping 1 of 2 to start the series. 

Sections
Shortcuts