Doubt. A goalies greatest motivator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Doubt. A goalies greatest motivator

For all you pundits out there who said Reimer isn't a #1? This is for you. You make fun of the Leafs, their fans, the media and their goalie. The Leafs haven't won anything yet, but I think they desereve some respect! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Re: Doubt. A goalies greatest motivator

It would be nice to see the Bruins aim for twine instead of the crest on Reimers jersey. The Bruins have a habit of makin average goalies look good. No disrespect to Reimer either but they shot high in game 1 and look what happened. just saying.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

He's played well the last two games for sure. Can't take that away from him. He's not giving out the juicy rebounds he did earlier. And the Leafs have played with heart/determination as well.

I still believe the Bruins end the Leafs season tomorrow night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's played very well, but I just think he gets away with giving up too many rebounds. I'd love to the see the Bruins exploit this.

The Leafs have my respect, they played a terrific game tonight. Hard to bash Kessel, he's been quite a factor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

For all you pundits out there who said Reimer isn't a #1? This is for you. You make fun of the Leafs, their fans, the media and their goalie. The Leafs haven't won anything yet, but I think they desereve some respect! 

Speaking of doubt, after NAS' guarantee of playoff wins against "inferior" teams like Washington and Toronto the last 2 years, (while a vocal minority told ya so otherwise), maybe you are in line for a new avatar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Speaking of doubt, after NAS' guarantee of playoff wins against "inferior" teams like Washington and Toronto the last 2 years, (while a vocal minority told ya so otherwise), maybe you are in line for a new avatar.

Lol! No offence soxfan, but I lost a bet to him. I know he's a pain in the behind at times, but I still value both ur insight. Please take this as some constructive criticism.  You'd get a lot more respect if u would come on here when things are going well for the B's. Not just when you say something negative and come on here to spout how right u were on the negatives. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I had respect for the leafs all year long.  Kessel takes one beating here but how many would love to have him now over seguin and hamilton.  Not for careers.  But i caught myself saying this tonight.  I like the leafs.  I want them to lose.  But i enjoy their game.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to lucicfan's comment:

It would be nice to see the Bruins aim for twine instead of the crest on Reimers jersey. The Bruins have a habit of makin average goalies look good. No disrespect to Reimer either but they shot high in game 1 and look what happened. just saying.

When a goalie is playing well. He gets inside the shooters heads too. His positioning for the most part has been great, and rebounds or not his d has bailed him out and hhe's doing the same. That's why it helps when both do their jobs. And he's played well mostly for this series. Considering how he was basically supposed to be a sieve to a lot of others. They obviously only watched him play against the B's. His game has improved dramatically as has Holtby's. Who's another one that we as Bruins fans underestimated his talent. We do this far too often. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to lucicfan's comment:

When a goalie is playing well. He gets inside the shooters heads too. His positioning for the most part has been great, and rebounds or not his d has bailed him out and hhe's doing the same. That's why it helps when both do their jobs. And he's played well mostly for this series. Considering how he was basically supposed to be a sieve to a lot of others. They obviously only watched him play against the B's. His game has improved dramatically as has Holtby's. Who's another one that we as Bruins fans underestimated his talent. We do this far too often. 

Looks like a young goalie concentrating on making the initial save and not worrying about much else. Toronto has done a real good job of making sure the rebounds are cleared. i can't help but think this was the game plan going in. Young goalie, hockey crazed city in the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, i think they tried to simplify things for him as much as possible. Keep him clam. If that was the coaches strategy, kudos to them.  Now, his confidence is sky high, and that makes him dangerous. If the Bruins can get to him early tomorrow, get people in front of him that could shake him. That said, I tip my hat to the kid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Looks like a young goalie concentrating on making the initial save and not worrying about much else. Toronto has done a real good job of making sure the rebounds are cleared. i can't help but think this was the game plan going in. Young goalie, hockey crazed city in the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, i think they tried to simplify things for him as much as possible. Keep him clam. If that was the coaches strategy, kudos to them.  Now, his confidence is sky high, and that makes him dangerous. If the Bruins can get to him early tomorrow, get people in front of him that could shake him. That said, I tip my hat to the kid.

I also read somewhere changing from famed goalie coach Francois Allaire to former NHL goalie Rick St. Croix has helped Reimer a lot.  Apparently Allaire had been unhappy during last season and expressed an unwillingness to return. 

Reimer in The Globe And Mail - Sept.17/2012 - “There was some stuff that went on behind the scenes last year,” Reimer said, somewhat reluctantly.

“I think there was some confusion last year. A couple misunderstandings. I don’t know if everyone clicked last year. I mean, there was some trouble in some areas. I don’t know if I want to get into it too much or comment on it too much, but I know there was times he was frustrated we didn’t have more time to work on stuff. He told me [in the summer] that it probably wasn’t looking good [to come back].”

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I also read somewhere changing from famed goalie coach Francois Allaire to former NHL goalie Rick St. Croix has helped Reimer a lot.  Apparently Allaire had been unhappy during last season and expressed an unwillingness to return. 

Reimer in The Globe And Mail - Sept.17/2012 - “There was some stuff that went on behind the scenes last year,” Reimer said, somewhat reluctantly.

“I think there was some confusion last year. A couple misunderstandings. I don’t know if everyone clicked last year. I mean, there was some trouble in some areas. I don’t know if I want to get into it too much or comment on it too much, but I know there was times he was frustrated we didn’t have more time to work on stuff. He told me [in the summer] that it probably wasn’t looking good [to come back].”

Allaire was great for a time. He was especially effective with bigger goalies.  His method is to make the goalie's be blockers, not stoppers and wouldn't let them work on their athleticism. Which in the spped of this game is necessary.  Reimer has grown ten fold in this regard. How often did you see Reimer go into a split to rob Bergeron? His concussion from last season certainly slowed his development.  He still allows his bad goals, but what goalie doesn't? Regardless of how this series turns out. Reimer deserves a lot of credit. 

Sections
Shortcuts