Doug Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Doug Hamilton

In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : Are you going to come back after all this time and instantly start with me?  That's just dumb.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Duinne states facts, which you claim she doesn't do , has a different point of view on the topic and you say it's dumb ? Here's a couple of more facts . The OHL announcers call him Dougie . He is still an 18 year old teenager. I have no problem with it ( and like it ) because he is still a kid.

Maybe everyone should just agree with you on everything to make you happy. Sticking to hockey ? ^^^^^^^ Like I said before ' Ya ok , if you say so'.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And a little info to those who have an issue with this 'ie' thing tagged on the end of Hamilton's first name. His brother who is a couple of years older then him and drafted by the Sharks played for the Ice Dogs with Doug...ie. He is known throughout the OHL as Fredd..ie Hamilton.

And yes their father's name is also Doug. Maybe they thought adding ie to his name was better then calling him junior. Now they'll have to change that because of the important demands and desires of boston.com's BRUINS FORUM.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

I guess his dad is "Doug" so he goes by "Douggie" to avoid confussion within the family.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : And if his birth name is Dougie, it's time to be a man in a man's world and shorten it to Doug. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yah NAS bet you would love to sit in front of the Hamilton's and explain this. I'm sure they would love to discuss it with you their personnel family matters...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And consider this, on the Walton's (I only know because my wife likes it) John Jr. is referred to as "John Boy", so Dougie could have been Doug-Boy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]These are all good points...but there is something about 'Dougie' that bugs me too...maybe it's because he's supposed to be an intimidating defensemen (I know, Orr...). Bobby Orr - ok Scotty Bowman - ok Ricky Henderson - ok Dougie (Anyone) - sounds a little too cute for a grown man. I don't know why.  Don't ask.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Bother me a little more if DOUGIE somehow became DOOGIE.....  but hey whatever the kid feels comfortable enough to score a bunch and have a pile of assists, I am willing to call him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

"Agreed, but I still think it's not that goofy compared to others. We've got a banner in the rafters with the name "Dit" on it, and another guy in the Hall with the name "Woody." Tell me those names honestly don't make you giggle a bit?" - 'red75'

And yea, Woodrow Wilson Clarence Dumart - "Woody" - actually went by the nickname; "Porky"

Woody 'Porky' Dumart.

Must say, this is rich; 'Not-A-Shot' posting under an anonymous screen name (that gets further whittled down to 'NAS' by his fanbase) telling people what a Man's name should be. Did I say,'rich'? I meant, 'hilarious'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I love how I get skewered here for having an opinion.

I think a man being called "Dougie" is silly.  I have not petitioned the NHL to change it, nor have I spoken to the player or his family about it.

Maybe y'all can discuss it with Dougie and Little Dougie's next birthday party at Chuckie Cheese.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

How about;

Dougie 'Doug' Hamilton  ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : The OHL announcers call him Dougie . He is still an 18 year old teenager. I have no problem with it ( and like it ) because he is still a kid.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Okay, so when he's older, let's say 21 or 25, he will no longer be a kid.  At that time, would you say it's time to use a man's name?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Such an innocent original question. 3 pages later...

This will all be sorted out in 2013 anyway, I don't think he shows up in 2011/12. 11/12 is Seguin's time to shine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : Okay, so when he's older, let's say 21 or 25, he will no longer be a kid.  At that time, would you say it's time to use a man's name?

I wonder what would have happened, if you could have gone up to Gordie Howe, when he was 25, and told him to grow up, and start being called Gord or Gordon?
    You were younger then, so you probably would have healed fast :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton :    I wonder what would have happened, if you could have gone up to Gordie Howe, when he was 25, and told him to grow up, and start being called Gord or Gordon? You were younger then, so you probably would have healed fast :-)
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Gordie is a common name for a man.  Dougie is a common name for participants in the sandbox.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult for some to understand.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : Okay, so when he's older, let's say 21 or 25, he will no longer be a kid.  At that time, would you say it's time to use a man's name?

No. Gord Howe ? Bob Hull ? Who the heck is that ? John Bower ? Bob Orr ? Don't know these guys.  Are these hockey greats less men because of what you think a man/boy should be called at any age ? I can't agree with you at all on this one and a matter of fact I think it's a totally ridiculous opinion to have.

I also get called my name with an 'ie' at the end of it. Nassie, I have no problem with it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : Gordie is a common name for a man.  Dougie is a common name for participants in the sandbox. I'm not sure why this is so difficult for some to understand.
       This is an entirely silly, meaningless thread. I was simply making a little joke (hence, the smiley face). Sorry you got your panties in a bunch over it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton :    I wonder what would have happened, if you could have gone up to Gordie Howe, when he was 25, and told him to grow up, and start being called Gord or Gordon? You were younger then, so you probably would have healed fast :-)
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Not to mention Bobby Orr and Bobby Hull. Guess anyone named Tony or Rory is in trouble too. I mean, WTH? Who cares if a guy's first name ends in "ie" or "y"?

Apparently the guy's name is actually Dougie. If anyone has trouble with that, they should take it up with his parents.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Personally I would say that you call him what he prefers to be called.... IF he desires to be called DOUGIE then that is what I would call him.  Of course I am just one of those considerate people....  I go by my given name Charles ( or the nickname Chuck) I tell people I do not desire to be called Charlie... but still there are those that will try it and then wonder why I ignore tham in the same way I would ignore a pile of camel dung at the side of the road.
    IF he wants to be called DOUGIE then if you call him DOUG because you think it is more appropriate then you are a Pompous arrogant fool.  I know that you would not be that, so I am sure you too would call him by the nickname that he likes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : Not to mention Bobby Orr and Bobby Hull. Guess anyone named Tony or Rory is in trouble too. I mean, WTH? Who cares if a guy's first name ends in "ie" or "y"? Apparently the guy's name is actually Dougie. If anyone has trouble with that, they should take it up with his parents.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I don't have to take it up with his parents.  I can hate it right here.

As stated earlier, Bobby, Tony, and Gordie are all common names.  Dougie is not.  I think it sounds like a cute name a girlfriend or mother would give him.  And you know what?  It's 100% okay for me to think that way.

So, Duinne and Chowda, you jokes of exile, why don't you go back to where you were hiding so long after being fully embarrassed here before?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : No. Gord Howe ? Bob Hull ? Who the heck is that ? John Bower ? Bob Orr ? Don't know these guys.  Are these hockey greats less men because of what you think a man/boy should be called at any age ? I can't agree with you at all on this one and a matter of fact I think it's a totally ridiculous opinion to have. I also get called my name with an 'ie' at the end of it. Nassie, I have no problem with it.

[QUOTE]The OHL announcers call him Dougie . He is still an 18 year old teenager. I have no problem with it ( and like it ) because he is still a kid.

I'm just going by what you said, Chowda.  You have no problem with it because he is still a kid. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : I'm just going by what you said, Chowda.  You have no problem with it because he is still a kid. 

Let's just leave it at that as we have a difference of opinion on this topic which is not really a good topic to begin with.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : I don't have to take it up with his parents.  I can hate it right here. As stated earlier, Bobby, Tony, and Gordie are all common names.  Dougie is not.  I think it sounds like a cute name a girlfriend or mother would give him.  And you know what?  It's 100% okay for me to think that way.So, Duinne and Chowda, you jokes of exile, why don't you go back to where you were hiding so long after being fully embarrassed here before?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE

I think I'll stick to hockey talk . Sound familiar ? You can join in and stay with it any time you like.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm just glad his last name isn't "Howser"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : Gordie is a common name for a man.  Dougie is a common name for participants in the sandbox. I'm not sure why this is so difficult for some to understand.

Won't be long before they're calling him "Hammy". It's true that "Douggie" just sounds wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hammer.  Hammy is a Hamster.  Dougie is an animated character on a show for tykes.  Hammer is a defenseman.  You hit things with a Hammer.  And adding -er is just as common in hockey as -ie: Ramsay was Rammer, Gilmour was (G)killer....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

DH? 
    does that work?
    could even add "The" in front.
    The DH?

Sections
Shortcuts