Doug Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Doug Hamilton

Its sorta like calling Derek Sanderson Turkey, it just doesn't sound right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

How about we call the kid what he wants to be called? Or, even better, what his teammates decide to call him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton:
    [QUOTE]How about we call the kid what he wants to be called? Or, even better, what his teammates decide to call him.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I'm not their friend or their teammates, so I'm not calling them Horts, Bergy, Savvy, Segzy etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Another one that doesn't sound right, Davie or Davey rather than David Krecji, altho Davie Krecji kinda/sorta rhymes.

And what about Daniel and Hendrik?
    Dannie, Hennie, Thelmie, Louisie all sound the same.

Markie, Natey, Patty, Lylie...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I can see Dougie sticking. That's what people I know called Doug Gilmour!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Its sorta like calling Derek Sanderson Turkey, it just doesn't sound right.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Correct.  Now, calling him "The Turk" or "Turk" does sound right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

To me, Terry is a goofy name (which is also female for some) more than Dougie, but I don't snicker at Terry O'Reilly or Terry Sawchuk, mainly because I'm used to it. Could Dougie be the same eventually?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I'm going with Hammer! I bet that's what he's called and it will fit his intimidating frame once he fills it out!
    Doc

[QUOTE]I'm going with Douglas.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

[QUOTE]Its sorta like calling Derek Sanderson Turkey, it just doesn't sound right.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

This one cracked me up.....50BelowZero you win the blue ribbon!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : The Bruins first round pick (via Toronto) in the 2011 draft.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean Dougie Hamilton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

His wikipedia entry lists him as Dougie. The Niagara IceDogs list him as Dougie. the Boston Bruins list him as Dougie. The official site of the OHL lists him as Dougie. http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/1341

Obviously, his name is Dougie, whether anyone likes it or not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Maybe his father's name is Doug, and Jr. was called Dougie from day 1.  Makes sense to me if that's the case.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]His wikipedia entry lists him as Dougie. The Niagara IceDogs list him as Dougie. the Boston Bruins list him as Dougie. The official site of the OHL lists him as Dougie. http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/1341 Obviously, his name is Dougie, whether anyone likes it or not.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Are you going to come back after all this time and instantly start with me?  That's just dumb.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]His wikipedia entry lists him as Dougie. The Niagara IceDogs list him as Dougie. the Boston Bruins list him as Dougie. The official site of the OHL lists him as Dougie. http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/1341 Obviously, his name is Dougie, whether anyone likes it or not.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

And if his birth name is Dougie, it's time to be a man in a man's world and shorten it to Doug.

I wonder if Jeffie Skinner, Stevie Stamkos, Matty Duchene, Davey Krejci and Keithy Yandle agree?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : Are you going to come back after all this time and instantly start with me?  That's just dumb.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

What's really dumb is pretending there are established rules for men's names in the NHL, or anywhere else for that matter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : What's really dumb is pretending there are established rules for men's names in the NHL, or anywhere else for that matter.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Stevie Y (Steve Yzerman) and Dougie Gilmour (Doug Gilmour) would agree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Anybody who wants to change a players name just because they don't like the way it sounds.........could be considered a control freak.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

But, we're not arguing about what it is.  We're arguing about what we like.  I think the discussion started because people realized what you've written above.  He gets called "Dougie" -- everyone knows that.  Next issue: Do you like it?

A stupid discussion for sure, but that's what it is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Anybody who wants to change a players name just because they don't like the way it sounds.........could be considered a control freak.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Geez folks, relax.  Nobody wants to change his name, nobody wants to control him.

It's a boring offseason topic time and some of us were chuckling about him getting called "Dougie". 

He can call himself whatever he wants.

And we can discuss whatever we want.

'Control freak' because I think he has a funny name?  Gimme a break.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : Geez folks, relax.  Nobody wants to change his name, nobody wants to control him. It's a boring offseason topic time and some of us were chuckling about him getting called "Dougie".  He can call himself whatever he wants. And we can discuss whatever we want. 'Control freak' because I think he has a funny name?  Gimme a break.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I still think it's not that goofy compared to others. We've got a banner in the rafters with the name "Dit" on it, and another guy in the Hall with the name "Woody." Tell me those names honestly don't make you giggle a bit?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Sweeney referred to him as Dougie in his press conference after dev camp day 3. If the brass keeps calling him Dougie,my guess is that's what he'll continue to go by. The kid probably doesn't feel like he's in any position to make demands about what people refer to him as. I'm sure if he's called a Bruin, it won't matter what else people refer to him as.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : Geez folks, relax.  Nobody wants to change his name, nobody wants to control him. It's a boring offseason topic time and some of us were chuckling about him getting called "Dougie".  He can call himself whatever he wants. And we can discuss whatever we want. 'Control freak' because I think he has a funny name?  Gimme a break.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]My post was not meant to be directed at you Fletch. I respect your opinions.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Why does anyone care what his nickname is or what people call Hamilton or any other player.Let's talk about the players skills,mental approach to the game,his physical potential and their development.They can call Hamilton whatever they want if he becomes a truly outstanding NHL defenseman who excells in all three zones,which I believe he will be in relatively short order(I really enjoyed the three games I saw him play and it doesn't take long to see that he is a superb athlete with size and skating,stick and both offensive and defensive hockey skills that lead me to feel he can be an outstanding,first pairing defenseman in the the NHL,wearing a Bruins uniform).God I love my job when it puts me in proximity to junior and minor league hockey teams and it does on more than odd occasion.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doug Hamilton : My post was not meant to be directed at you Fletch. I respect your opinions.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Thanks pauly, same to you.

Red, I agree.  The league and the Bruins are littered with funny names.  When I first heard "Dougie" Hamilton for some reason I though 'wow, he'll should go by Doug when he makes the NHL'.  That was about a year ago.  When several others here mentioned the name thing it made me laugh, and comment way, way more than I should have...

To recap, call him whatever the #*!* you want folks.  Hopefully he sheds the Dougie boy kid-at-summer-camp image real quick and we'll all get used to it, I guess.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Any posts here that actually discuss Mr. Hamilton's hockey abilities, I think that's going to be more important going forward. I'd love to hear what you guys have seen of him and what you think. Thanks all.

Sections
Shortcuts