Doug Maclean Observation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Doug Maclean Observation

Is it me or has everyone in the hockey world except Julien noticed that Recchi on the point on the pp is a disaster? Doug Maclean from Sportsnet's Hockey Central went nuts after last nights game pleaing for julien to put him in front of the net where he has made his living all of his career. When will this nonsense end?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Doug Maclean Observation

I saw that too. Leave it to old MacLean to state the obvious. I am sure Julien And PC are well aware of this but are simply out of viable options. Recchi's tenure as PP pointman is likely a stopgap solution until PC aquires a real one....hopefully.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hasn't ended yet jpsoxfan. Unless you have high expectations for Kelly on the PP. I don't, but what do I know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kamfer plays the point better than Recchi and he can skate. Bergeron plays the point better than Recchi and he can skate; IMO Horton could play the point better than Recchi , and he has a bigger shot and can skate. Recchi on the point is just another very STUPID decision by Claude. He does make quite a few.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I could be wrong but I believe Julien has already tried Kampfer and Bergeron at the point to no avail. Horton, I am not too sure about. I do agree that the "Recchi Experiment" has been a bust for the most part. All the more need for a targetted trade from PC...

In Response to Re: Doug Maclean Observation:
    [QUOTE]Kamfer plays the point better than Recchi and he can skate. Bergeron plays the point better than Recchi and he can skate; IMO Horton could play the point better than Recchi , and he has a bigger shot and can skate. Recchi on the point is just another very STUPID decision by Claude. He does make quite a few.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

In Response to Re: Doug Maclean Observation:
    [QUOTE]Kamfer plays the point better than Recchi and he can skate. Bergeron plays the point better than Recchi and he can skate; IMO Horton could play the point better than Recchi , and he has a bigger shot and can skate. Recchi on the point is just another very STUPID decision by Claude. He does make quite a few.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Agreed, maybe not on the Horton front but everything else Im in 100% agreement bogie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Maybe CJ is making a point to PC to get him a PMD.
    Bless Recchi's little heart, but he is no good as a Point Man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm sure Recchi will even be relieved when he sees Kaberle walking through the door.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think it speaks to the idea that they don't have a top notch option.

Personally, I think Seidenberg or Kampfer are fallback options and better than Recchi, but neither are top options on a legit Cup contender.

They simply need a consistent goal scoring winger and an Off D Man.

Both can be had, and I have little confidence in Chiarelli to be creative with moves to address this longstanding issue.

I know Wideman was bad last year in his own end, but this is where they miss his PP contribution, skating and transitioning out of the zone.

He had flaws, but this aspect is killing their PP and their "threat" of a D Man skating into the zone.

They need two more skaters who can penetrate. One from the wing and one from the back end.

At this point of Recchi's career, he's a heady, experienced leader who gets garbage goals. And that's a good thing. He just can't skate well which means he shouldn't be manuevering around at the point.

Is Garry Galley available?  haha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Doug Maclean Observation:
    [QUOTE]Is it me or has everyone in the hockey world except Julien noticed that Recchi on the point on the pp is a disaster? Doug Maclean from Sportsnet's Hockey Central went nuts after last nights game pleaing for julien to put him in front of the net where he has made his living all of his career. When will this nonsense end?  
    Posted by jpsoxfan[/QUOTE]

This is the clip ( Souces Say Feb. 15 ) you are referring to and I agree with MacLean. But 'went nuts' and 'pleaing' ? His comments were more like observations as your headline suggests. 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Gary Galley ain't walking through that door!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

hah

Right, but what about a Garry Galley style player?  Can we get one of those and a Brian Propp in here?

Is this too much to ask?  I am having 1990 flashbacks.

Sections
Shortcuts