Doughty Head Shot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Doughty Head Shot?

Here's the link:

The color commentator claims that it was "a head shot."  Looks to me just like a very nice hit with a player with his head down.  Your thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Doughty Head Shot?

tucker,

i am tired of all this head shot crap. hockey is a violent game.  the hit detroits stuart received wasnt a penalty in my eyes.  a lot of them arent.  but the media has really driven this thing hard

my final say is if they make a rule.  stick by it. 

the game isnt changing for the better

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shoulder to shoulder.  In today's ridicuous NHL, clean hits incite brawls while hatchet jobs get blank stares.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Agree

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Excellent hit, body on body, not the usual smash into the glass.

I did like the response by TEAMMATES coming to take up for their star player who will be their bread and butter of the future.

Anyone with a link to the Det Stuart hit, while since I seen it, cannot remember it or who hit him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

total clean hit.not even an issue.

The Kostopulous hit was clean too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Let them just stop hitting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

It was not a headshot. Hall is bound to get a concussion the way he skates so low

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Doughty Head Shot?:
    Excellent hit, body on body, not the usual smash into the glass. I did like the response by TEAMMATES coming to take up for their star player who will be their bread and butter of the future. Anyone with a link to the Det Stuart hit, while since I seen it, cannot remember it or who hit him.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

It was a clean hit with a fake response.Not a punch thrown by anyone was there? Penner takes a roughing minor while accomplishing nothing but put his team shorthanded. Seemed foolish to me.If he was going to take a penalty anyway he should've punched Doughty(who stayed out for the PP). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4,

here is your link for the Stuart hit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDYBpZbGvv4

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Seen hit again to Stuart, did not look like atargeted hit to head, but contact was made.  A smokin hit, but contact to head was made.
     Hard not to nail Stuart when the opportunity arrives as he has more highlite reels of smoking unsuspecting players every chance he gets.

Thx Shup

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Doughty Head Shot? : It was a clean hit with a fake response.Not a punch thrown by anyone was there? Penner takes a roughing minor while accomplishing nothing but put his team shorthanded. Seemed foolish to me.If he was going to take a penalty anyway he should've punched Doughty(who stayed out for the PP). 
    Posted by dezaruchi

True but there was reaction to the play at the play.  Not everyone doing their nails as they would make no eyecontact like the B's have been wont to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

That was a beautiful hit by Doughty. Hall has got to feel a little embarrassed by doing the peewee and looking down while skating.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Doughty Head Shot? : True but there was reaction to the play at the play.  Not everyone doing their nails as they would make no eyecontact like the B's have been wont to do.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

It's true we'd all like to see a better response to anyone taking liberties with our players.An old-school line brawl would do wonders in creating unity amongst the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Paille/Hamill/Ryder for Doughty good hit, i'm glad it wasn't penalized.
    Posted by pbergeron37

LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I had to see it again. 
    Last night Marchand tackled Skinner instead of trying to hit him hard. Canes got a PP and scored. 
    Is this what we'll be seeing from now on ?  
    Doughty stopped Hall with a beautiful hockey play that once was called a body check.
    Hall had his head to low and Doughty just went in with his whole body,  he did not lift his arm or leave his skates.  Good , soon to be extinct , hockey play ! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I had to see it again.  Last night Marchand tackled Skinner instead of trying to hit him hard. Canes got a PP and scored.  Is this what we'll be seeing from now on ?   Doughty stopped Hall with a beautiful hockey play that once was called a body check. Hall had his head to low and Doughty just went in with his whole body,  he did not lift his arm or leave his skates.  Good , soon to be extinct , hockey play !  
    Posted by BsLegion

The refs called no penalty on the play(except to Edmonton).I don't know why anyone thinks that hit will soon be extinct.It was a PERFECT hit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I agree this hit should stay in the game and the refs got the call right

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

NHL = No Hitting League.  Its getting ridiculous out there.  The hits that SHOULD be penalized and warrant suspensions dont get them, and the clean, hard hits are the ones that get guys thrown out of games.  Bettman and Campbell have no idea how to run the league, thus its getting run into the ground.  They need HOCKEY PEOPLE in there, and young ones a that who know how the game works.  Not these antiquated business men & guys who played 30 years ago.  They do NOT know todays game, and I think these positions would be better if they had term limits on them.  There is no reason Bettman needs to be commisioner until the end of time.  For crying out loud, look how bad the league has gone down the crapper in this 18 years.  Thats right folks, 18 years!!!!!  I mean really, its time for some new blood in there.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Doughty Head Shot? : The refs called no penalty on the play(except to Edmonton).I don't know why anyone thinks that hit will soon be extinct.It was a PERFECT hit.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I know it was . I added some sarcasm because if you listen to the commentators they were calling it a hit to the head.  I'm sure the L.A. crew doing the game call it a great hit and the Edmonton guys called it a hit to head.
    There is so much bad publicity around every hit. It's ridiculous.  If the NHL would get things right we would not be talking about this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Doughty Head Shot? : I know it was . I added some sarcasm because if you listen to the commentators they were calling it a hit to the head.  I'm sure the L.A. crew doing the game call it a great hit and the Edmonton guys called it a hit to head. There is so much bad publicity around every hit. It's ridiculous.  If the NHL would get things right we would not be talking about this.
    Posted by BsLegion

I wasn't necessarily aiming that towards you so much as towards the commentators and hockey pundits that you speak of.If those hits leave the game then I,as a fan,will be leaving too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Hitting apparently is not down.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dregerreport/

Might just be new statasticians that are squemish and call faceoffs a hit each or hitting is still alive.

Personally I don't see a change, just more crushes on the boards as opposed to the beautiful open ice hits, a la Doughty.

Sections
Shortcuts