Dougie and Freddie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Dougie and Freddie

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=383403

Good story on the Hamilton brothers.  I wonder what it would take to pry Freddie away from San Jose? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Dougie and Freddie

Meh, I'm not sufficiently impressed with Freddie to want him enough to give anything serious up for him. If he came as part of a package for something larger sure, but not as a specific target. And honestly the Bruins have a ton for forward prospects.

In Response to Dougie and Freddie:
    [QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=383403 Good story on the Hamilton brothers.  I wonder what it would take to pry Freddie away from San Jose? 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie:
    [QUOTE]Meh, I'm not sufficiently impressed with Freddie to want him enough to give anything serious up for him. If he came as part of a package for something larger sure, but not as a specific target. And honestly the Bruins have a ton for forward prospects. In Response to Dougie and Freddie :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

I have next to no knowledge about his worth as a hockey player other than he made the Canadian WJHC team, and his stats with the IceDogs which mean he must be able to do some things right.  If he can be had for a middle round draft pick. which he originally was, maybe the bruins can get him to over achieve with his brother close by.  Might be worth a gamble.  Maybe our local OHL expert can chime in here. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As indicated by the "first fight" episode, it might not be such a good idea.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Meh, that doesn't bother me nearly as much as Dougie's rep for having his stick high all the time and not being known for his defense or physicality. If something can bring out the edge in someone that big it's an advantage otherwise you're left with something like Hedman.

[QUOTE]As indicated by the "first fight" episode, it might not be such a good idea.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Meh, I'm not sufficiently impressed with Freddie to want him enough to give anything serious up for him. If he came as part of a package for something larger sure, but not as a specific target. And honestly the Bruins have a ton for forward prospects. In Response to Dougie and Freddie :

Who do the B's have to equal a ton for forwards?  Knight, Spooner and Khokhlachev? 

Knight is fourth on his own team in scoring and was left off the US WJC team.  Spooner has yet to show much of anything.  Lord knows what Khokhachev might turn into. 

I have no interest in the B's trading for some prospect because his sibling is on the team already, but let's not pretend that the B's are deep in prospects anywhere.  They are deep in guys 26 and younger who are in the NHL, but that's about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I haven't completely given up on Sauve and Arniel yet, Ferlins a college boy is is Trotman. Florek is having a solid season, ditto Cunningham and Cammara.

Knight didn't get invited because he went CHL not college/USHL. Also he plays a lot of PK time too since he's one of the older players on the time.

Freddie is an overager and like oh, Riendeau, could just be taking advantage of younger players.

I don't pretend the Bruins have sixty forward prospects ready for an NHL job, but how many do they really need with a very young NHL squad?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Who do the B's have to equal a ton for forwards?  Knight, Spooner and Khokhlachev?  Knight is fourth on his own team in scoring and was left off the US WJC team.  Spooner has yet to show much of anything.  Lord knows what Khokhachev might turn into.  I have no interest in the B's trading for some prospect because his sibling is on the team already, but let's not pretend that the B's are deep in prospects anywhere.  They are deep in guys 26 and younger who are in the NHL, but that's about it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

True enough to a degree, but wouldn't you say something similar about most teams' prospects?  No one has a glut of sure things waiting to step in.  I don't know that there's much to get excited about in Providence, unless Sauve his a healthy stretch away from making use of his talents, but the jury's neither in nor out on either Spooner or Knight just because they didn't play WJHC.  Lots of guys who did became nothing.

More true to say that the Bruins shouldn't turn their noses up at a potential star just because he's a forward...and I don't think that applies to Freddie. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't completely given up on Sauve and Arniel yet, Ferlins a college boy is is Trotman. Florek is having a solid season, ditto Cunningham and Cammara. Knight didn't get invited because he went CHL not college/USHL. Also he plays a lot of PK time too since he's one of the older players on the time. Freddie is an overager and like oh, Riendeau, could just be taking advantage of younger players. I don't pretend the Bruins have sixty forward prospects ready for an NHL job, but how many do they really need with a very young NHL squad? In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie :

Arniel has 31 games this season.  One goal, five assists.  Sauve has 20 games, 3-2-5 totals.  You haven't given up on these guys yet?  Cunningham has 11 points.  That's solid?  Have you been to any/many Providence games this season?  I have.  They're all terrible.  The whole team is terrible.

I don't know much about Florek because I dont' really follow Northern Michigan University.  I don't have much hope for a B's fifth round pick playing in the CCHA.

Trotman is fourth on his CCHA squad after being selected in the seventh round.  I don't suggest buying any black and gold jerseys with "Trotman" on the back just yet.

Cammara is eighth on his OHL team in scoring, barely above .5 PPG.  Please let me know how that qualifies as "solid".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Providence is so badly coached its not funny.
    There's also Camper. And both Arniel who was 2nd for Providence in scoring last year, and Sauve are still pretty young (under 22).  We're not lookng at 25 yr olds, lots of players don't make it to the NHL until their age, like say Logan Couture, Colin Greening, Matt Read, Craig Smith, Adam Henrique or Cody Hodgson who were all 20+ before hitting the NHL full time.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Arniel has 31 games this season.  One goal, five assists.  Sauve has 20 games, 3-2-5 totals.  You haven't given up on these guys yet?  Cunningham has 11 points.  That's solid?  Have you been to any/many Providence games this season?  I have.  They're all terrible.  The whole team is terrible. I don't know much about Florek because I dont' really follow Northern Michigan University.  I don't have much hope for a B's fifth round pick playing in the CCHA. Trotman is fourth on his CCHA squad after being selected in the seventh round.  I don't suggest buying any black and gold jerseys with "Trotman" on the back just yet. Cammara is eighth on his OHL team in scoring, barely above .5 PPG.  Please let me know how that qualifies as "solid".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The B's are about as deep in prospects as most teams. You have a couple or 3 guys who everyone likes a lot and expect to be good NHlers and have some value to your team and probably have good trade value. Then you have a bunch of guys who you cross your fingers that they pan out. These guys have next to no real value to other teams in a trade.

Trading for a sibling because he's a sibling is silly. Keith Gretzky anyone?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Or Ben Ryder, or Colin Stuart or Jaded Staal.
    [QUOTE]The B's are about as deep in prospects as most teams. You have a couple or 3 guys who everyone likes a lot and expect to be good NHlers and have some value to your team and probably have good trade value. Then you have a bunch of guys who you cross your fingers that they pan out. These guys have next to no real value to other teams in a trade. Trading for a sibling because he's a sibling is silly. Keith Gretzky anyone?
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]True enough to a degree, but wouldn't you say something similar about most teams' prospects?  No one has a glut of sure things waiting to step in.  I don't know that there's much to get excited about in Providence, unless Sauve his a healthy stretch away from making use of his talents, but the jury's neither in nor out on either Spooner or Knight just because they didn't play WJHC.  Lots of guys who did became nothing. More true to say that the Bruins shouldn't turn their noses up at a potential star just because he's a forward...and I don't think that applies to Freddie. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Good point. There are more players in the NHL who haven't played in the WJHC then who have. 

If a player is on top of the scoring list on their team or in the league it doesn't mean they have a better chance of making the NHL then a guy a couple of spots down. It doesn't happen that way guys. Different roles for different players. There have been plenty of players who have led their teams or have been near the top of the scoring lead and never got a sniff in the NHL buried in the minors or in Europe until they quit the game.

Now to Freddie . First of all he's not an overager . He beats that by a day ( born Jan.1 ). He has played on the first line for a couple of years now. Decent skater with a good shot and quick release. He has put up his points the last two seasons playing with Ryan Strome. Right now he has improved and become one of the best players in the CHL. ( He made the WJHC team ). In reality that doesn't mean anything . It's what he does and how he adapts to the pro game in the next few years if he's going to make the NHL.

Trading for him is an interesting idea but I don't really think he is a guy you pursue and overpay for just to match him up playing with Dougie.

And bogie I'm all for talking junior hockey. Just depends who's asking .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

or Kluzak...
    [QUOTE]Meh, that doesn't bother me nearly as much as Dougie's rep for having his stick high all the time and not being known for his defense or physicality. If something can bring out the edge in someone that big it's an advantage otherwise you're left with something like Hedman. In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie :

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

I flat out love NAS's realism. Good stuff. To many B's fans overrate thier players. How many times have bloggers traded Hamil for a top four defenseman the last couple of years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Who do the B's have to equal a ton for forwards?  Knight, Spooner and Khokhlachev?  Knight is fourth on his own team in scoring and was left off the US WJC team.  Spooner has yet to show much of anything.  Lord knows what Khokhachev might turn into.  I have no interest in the B's trading for some prospect because his sibling is on the team already, but let's not pretend that the B's are deep in prospects anywhere.  They are deep in guys 26 and younger who are in the NHL, but that's about it.

By all accounts NAS Spooner was a lock to make Team Canada before he got Mono. By the way they played last night they needed him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

[QUOTE]I flat out love NAS's realism. Good stuff. To many B's fans overrate thier players. How many times have bloggers traded Hamil for a top four defenseman the last couple of years.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

Was it realistic to take Patrice Bergeron at the 45 slot after the Rangers took Hugh Jessiman at # 12 in the 03 draft. Keep in my mind sometimes expectations are met and there are diamonds in the rough. This is my counterpoint.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : By all accounts NAS Spooner was a lock to make Team Canada before he got Mono. By the way they played last night they needed him. http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/article/struck-with-mono-spooner-wont-attend-wjhc-camp
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

A lock by all accounts?

This is Spooner's team saying Spooner was a strong candidate.  Not really much of a lock by any account.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Was it realistic to take Patrice Bergeron at the 45 slot after the Rangers took Hugh Jessiman at # 12 in the 03 draft. Keep in my mind sometimes expectations are met and there are diamonds in the rough. This is my counterpoint.
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

Stuff like that happens all the time, but using the 2003 draft as an example is weak.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Knight is fourth on his own team in scoring and was left off the US WJC team. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Knight declined this years invitation to the WJC to stay with the Knights he wasn't left off as he stated this in an email New England Hockey Journal. Jared is on a star studded London team but still maintains a 1.15 point per game pace not that far behind the teams top scorer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Arniel has 31 games this season.  One goal, five assists.  Sauve has 20 games, 3-2-5 totals.  You haven't given up on these guys yet?  Cunningham has 11 points.  That's solid?  Have you been to any/many Providence games this season?  I have.  They're all terrible.  The whole team is terrible.

Chris Kelly never scored more than 20 goals till his 3rd AHL season, Peverley scored 14 goals in his 4th AHL season 12 in his 1st and Marchand never topped 20 goals in the AHL.

No I have not given up on them yet and remember your own words "Hamill isn't a bust because he is not out of hockey" when all of those threads were on here saying Zack was done.

Have you given up on Caron now ? I already know the answer don't bother because you started a thread backing him up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Outside of his rookie season, Kelly had decent numbers for goals.

Arniel has one goal in 31 games.

Sauve has three in 27.

I would say they are not similar.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Both are Arniel and Sauve out scored Peverley, Kelly and Marchand in their first full AHL seasons. I'm trying to find out why some players AHL numbers do translate to you NAS and some don't ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Both are Arniel and Sauve out scored Peverley, Kelly and Marchand in their first full AHL seasons. I'm trying to find out why some players AHL numbers do translate to you NAS and some don't ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I haven't paid much attention to rookie numbers since the end of Ken Hodge Jr's second year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wasn't the key stat on Hodge Jr. number of 5ths killed per game?

Sections
Shortcuts