Dougie and Freddie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Dougie and Freddie

The Bruins have done a very, very good job with their 2nd rounders of late.
    Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci... and there's still a lot more in the pipeline.

In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : In typical Chowdakid style, you have taken one thing I stated and turned it into another.  I didn't say the OHL was a children's league.  I said I didn't put much stock in their accomplishments as children.  Knight is turning 20  in a few weeks.  He's not a child. We'll see where Knight ends up.  Only about 25% of second round picks end up with NHL careers.  A lot of people here think that any player the B's draft will turn into a solid NHL player.  The truth is that most of the players the B's draft won't play 100 games in the NHL. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie:[QUOTE] Knight too bad I never really got to see him,  even in those pre-season games (Koko also). Although Knight has been snubbed by Hockey U.S.A. 3 times .Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=565371

Typically in order to be snubbed a player is not invited to camp at all, Knight was invited. Knight then informed team USA that he was staying with the London Knights to work on his game. You now the difference between being snubbed and saying no thank you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

One of Knights other advantages in general is he's willing to drive the net like few others. He'll go through the defense, goalie, net and back boards if he needs to.
    I excpect him to make Lindy Ruff very unhappy.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : LOL . You are the King at this . You mean typical NAS style.   It wasn't necessary that you've brought out the 25% thing ( I've seen this before so there was no need ). But it's a stat that has nothing to do Knight or Koko's future. I like to judge on individual basis and how they're progressing. From what I've seen Knight although not as gifted offensively as Koko and Spooner is more ready defensively. A players inability to play in the defensive zone is what holds a lot of players back from sticking in the NHL. Knight is better at that part of the game. He has a good chance to play in the NHL despite you unimpressed with his 4th year OHL stats at almost 20. You may have your opinions on Knight or Koko based on numbers. I just disagree with those thoughts and opinions. I think they're wrong . I base my opinions on the same reasons that you use when someone talks about Providence players that you don't agree with. Your eyes . Milan Lucic the Canadian says to the American Komisarek that he's not interested in turning this into a perry sound xmas. I have food to eat and positive, smart hockey fans to learn from and talk to. Stats aren't the be all end and all for them. End of discussion for me. Enjoy the rest of your xmas day.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

All we've been here from the Knight Lovers Association is how he got snubbed by the team because he is an American and plays in the OHL.

What about Jarred Tinordi?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]All we've been here from the Knight Lovers Association is how he got snubbed by the team because he is an American and plays in the OHL. What about Jarred Tinordi?

As SanDog has stated he was not snubbed, see his link, I didn't know.
    Tinordi is a defense and the U.S. team lacks D with his talent . Also I think Tinordi stuck around longer in hockey U.S.A as did a former D that then went to the OHL, Cam Fowler.
    You want to talk about another team that is pretty deep in prospects , the Montreal Canadien.
    They have 4 players currenting in the WJC.
    - Gallagher
    - Nathan Beaulieu
    - Bournival
    - Tinordi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Knight has _only_ played in the OHL. Tinordi spent two seasons with the USA development team.

Tinordi is also a 6'7 defensemen and very tall defensemen (and goaltenders) are what all the cool teams have been after for the past 3-5 years.

Fact checking won't kill you.

[QUOTE]All we've been here from the Knight Lovers Association is how he got snubbed by the team because he is an American and plays in the OHL. What about Jarred Tinordi?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUO

During your prospect camp days when you took your video your posting on what you seen from Knight ( and Spooner ) led all of us to believe that you were a member also .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Knight has _only_ played in the OHL. Tinordi spent two seasons with the USA development team. Tinordi is also a 6'7 defensemen and very tall defensemen (and goaltenders) are what all the cool teams have been after for the past 3-5 years. Fact checking won't kill you. In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Which facts did I get wrong? 

Tinordi is an American playing in Canada.

Knight is an American playing in Canada. 

Tinordi is on the US WJC team.

Knight is not on the US WJC team.

Where did I go wrong?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Which facts did I get wrong?  Tinordi is an American playing in Canada. Knight is an American playing in Canada.  Tinordi is on the US WJC team. Knight is not on the US WJC team. Where did I go wrong?

Like I also mentioned Tinordi (add Cam Fowler) while they did pursue their Junior hockey in Canada spend time with USA development team. Knight was different.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : [QUOTE]All we've been here from the Knight Lovers Association is how he got snubbed by the team because he is an American and plays in the OHL. What about Jarred Tinordi? Posted by Not-A-Shot
    [/QUO

During your prospect camp days when you took your video your posting on what you seen from Knight ( and Spooner ) led all of us to believe that you were a member also .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

ROFL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Let's see: Tinordi has been part of Team USA since long before he was drafted. You'll note his first year in the OHL was after her was drafted. Most teams prefer their prospects to hit the CHL vs college or one of the other routes. http://www.usahockey.com/world_junior_championship_2012/default.aspx?NAV=AF_02&id=309608&DetailedNews=yes

Knight on the other hand went stright to the OHL of his own choice. He's not the first high talent American player who went to hte CHL to get snubbed in favor of guys who started/stayed in USA hockey.

If you can't see the difference that is sooo not my problem.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Which facts did I get wrong?  Tinordi is an American playing in Canada. Knight is an American playing in Canada.  Tinordi is on the US WJC team. Knight is not on the US WJC team. Where did I go wrong?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE] If you can't see the difference that is sooo not my problem.
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Okay, Monica.  Or is it Phoebe?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Just as sensible and relevent as the rest of your contributions to this discussion.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Okay, Monica.  Or is it Phoebe?

Sections
Shortcuts