Dougie and Freddie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Dougie and Freddie

In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : By all accounts NAS Spooner was a lock to make Team Canada before he got Mono. By the way they played last night they needed him. http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/article/struck-with-mono-spooner-wont-attend-wjhc-camp
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

Spooner was tearing it up in November in the OHL before his mono. All while playing on a very young team. The reports of his demise have been exaggerated.

--------------------------
    Spooner, playing in his second season with the Black and Gold has had a tremendous month of November scoring 7 goals and adding 11 assists in just 10 games. Five of Spooner's goals amazingly came short handed. He was named OHL and CHL Player of the Week ending November 13th when he had an outstanding 4 goals and 6 helpers in 3 games, along with a +8 rating. During that week, he represented Team OHL against visiting Team Russia in the Subway Super Series. On Thursday November 10, Spooner had 3 helpers and was +4 and then on Monday the 14th, he was named the OHL's Player of the Game for his goal and 2 assists.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Jared is on a star studded London team but still maintains a 1.15 point per game pace not that far behind the teams top scorer.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I'm just worried about what happens when he puts all that Subway weight back on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Stuff like that happens all the time, but using the 2003 draft as an example is weak.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that draft was an abberation - there were 61 players taken who've already played at least 200 games, plus four goalies who've played less than that - Crawford, Elliot, Halak, and Howard - who have really come into their own. Heck, the Jets' top defensive pairing, Buff and Enstrom, were both taken in the 8th round that year. I mean jeez, Elliott was taken 291st overall that year, second last pick, and he's in the early conversation this year for the Vezina for pete's sake. Tough to compare any other draft to that one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie:[QUOTE]Wasn't the key stat on Hodge Jr. number of 5ths killed per game? Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Ha no that was John Carter who fell into a beer can every game day at the Woburn Country Club. Don't know if Hodge Jr. was Carter's drinking buddy or not...

@NAS, I'll say this I'm glad Brian Murray, Peter Chiarelli and Don Wadell didn't pass judgement on Peverley's and Kelly's early AHL numbers. So I hope Sauve and Arniel get the same treatment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie :  @NAS, I'll say this I'm glad Brian Murray, Peter Chiarelli and Don Wadell didn't pass judgement on Peverley's and Kelly's early AHL numbers. So I hope Sauve and Arniel get the same treatment.

Peverley had 30 goals in his second year.  Thus far, your AHL boyfriend Sauve has THREE.

In Kellys' second year, he had 17.  Arniel has ONE.

Let me know how they are similar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

If the criteria used to grade Jared Knight on his play is 4th in team scoring and no WJHC ( IMO silly ) then shouldn't the same criteria be used for Khokhlachev, 1st on his team in scoring and going to the WJHC rather then a 'Lord knows what he'll turn into' ? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This has expanded to more of a review of the top Bruins prospects. Since I don't have many opportunities to see Junior or AHL games, I can only rely on what I read, and from the Mike Milbury fiasco we all know how distorted some reports can be. Chowda's comments on Freddie seem to indicate a potential NHL player; The reports on Dougie's lack of performance in the Pre-WJHC games indicate some visible confusion; a variety of reports on Providence, especially their own press, indicate a team that is very young, often is in control of their games, but still has a lack of finish. This could indicate young players learning a new system; coaches trying to " develop" skills rather than worrying about wins/losses; it could indicate less talent than previously expected. However, the performance, so far, by Zach Hamill, indicates increased improvement [ good coaching]. In addition, Claude seems to like having Caron around as a safeguard for injuries, plus the ability to move Caron back and forth; Arniel showed excellent skating in camp, and was one of the last cuts, and should be one ot those focusing in developing overall, rather than just scoring; Sauve does appear to be brittle; and it is clear that this is a tough lineup to crack, by anyone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]If the criteria used to grade Jared Knight on his play is 4th in team scoring and no WJHC ( IMO silly ) then shouldn't the same criteria be used for Khokhlachev, 1st on his team in scoring and going to the WJHC rather then a 'Lord knows what he'll turn into' ? 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

If they had the same amount of experience, I would fully agree.  They don't, so I don't.  Not understand that is, in my opinion, silly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : If they had the same amount of experience, I would fully agree.  They don't, so I don't.  Not understand that is, in my opinion, silly.

Tell me more . I'm all ears. Is this one of your dig deeper moments again ? Your reasoning is a bit backwards considering Koko has less experience then Knight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Tell me more . I'm all ears. Is this one of your dig deeper moments again ? Your reasoning is a bit backwards considering Koko has less experience then Knight.

It's really not difficult.  Knight is in his fourth year of junior hockey and is fourth on his own team in scoring.  To me that's not impressive.  Along with not being on the US team, I'm not sold on him being an NHLer.

Khokhlachev just turned 18.  Unless a player is an all-world talent (Seguin), I don't put much stock into their accomplishments as children.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Peverley had 30 goals in his second year.  Thus far, your AHL boyfriend Sauve has THREE. In Kellys' second year, he had 17.  Arniel has ONE. Let me know how they are similar. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Then Peverley turned around and went backwards with 14 goals the next year. Kelly also went backwards in his 2nd AHL good thing you not a scout.

Hope Santa got you some better recording devices for better slew foot evidence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Then Peverley turned around and went backwards with 14 goals the next year. Kelly also went backwards in his 2nd AHL good thing you not a scout. Hope Santa got you some better recording devices for better slew foot evidence.

Peverley went from .45 to .31 GPG. 

Kelly went from .22 to .28 GPG.

Good thing you're not a math teacher.

Hope Santa got you a calculator.

Of course, both are much better than Arniel's .03 and Sauve's .15 GPG.

I don't know why you're so defensive and feel the need to attack me on this subject, SanDog.  You're trying to defense two players who are having absolutely miserable seasons by comparing them to players who didn't.  I don't get it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : It's really not difficult.  Knight is in his fourth year of junior hockey and is fourth on his own team in scoring.  To me that's not impressive.  Along with not being on the US team, I'm not sold on him being an NHLer. Khokhlachev just turned 18.  Unless a player is an all-world talent (Seguin), I don't put much stock into their accomplishments as children.

Judging Knight by his scoring stats alone is a common mistake made by people ( you ) who don't have the ability to watch him play. If you are going by stats on a computer screen alone then you are missing some of the important things he brings to a team. He is a multi-dimensional player who has as good a chance of being an NHLer as the players who are ahead of him in the scoring.There are 1st and 2nd round draft choices with comparable stat lines as him throughout the league.

Btw, if you don't put much stock in accomplishments in a children's league then why did you look where Knight sits with his stats ? You must have peeked and they sure held stock in your negative opinion of him.

P.S. Being 4th in scoring on the top team in the league is not a bad thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie:[QUOTE]Outside of his rookie season, Kelly had decent numbers for goals. Arniel has one goal in 31 games. Sauve has three in 27. I would say they are not similar. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Once I'm done with my calculator I'll let you have it as Sauve has played in only 20 games this season not 27 get your facts straight. Also Sauve total point per game at the end the 2011 season was .63 . That is the only full completed pro season I have right now to compare at this moment.

You were the one who insinuated that my favorite Bruins prospect was my boyfriend after I asked you a simple question so don't try to turn this on me like I started with insults.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Judging Knight by his scoring stats alone is a common mistake made by people ( you ) who don't have the ability to watch him play. If you are going by stats on a computer screen alone then you are missing some of the important things he brings to a team. He is a multi-dimensional player who has as good a chance of being an NHLer as the players who are ahead of him in the scoring.There are 1st and 2nd round draft choices with comparable stat lines as him throughout the league. Btw, if you don't put much stock in accomplishments in a children's league then why did you look where Knight sits with his stats ? You must have peeked and they sure held stock in your negative opinion of him. P.S. Being 4th in scoring on the top team in the league is not a bad thing.

In typical Chowdakid style, you have taken one thing I stated and turned it into another.  I didn't say the OHL was a children's league.  I said I didn't put much stock in their accomplishments as children.  Knight is turning 20  in a few weeks.  He's not a child.

We'll see where Knight ends up.  Only about 25% of second round picks end up with NHL careers.  A lot of people here think that any player the B's draft will turn into a solid NHL player.  The truth is that most of the players the B's draft won't play 100 games in the NHL. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Once I'm done with my calculator I'll let you have it as Sauve has played in only 20 games this season not 27 get your facts straight. Also Sauve total point per game at the end the 2011 season was .63 . That is the only full completed pro season I have right now to compare at this moment. You were the one who insinuated that my favorite Bruins prospect was my boyfriend after I asked you a simple question so don't try to turn this on me like I started with insults.

Oh relax.  That's the same thing we do with everyone here.  How many times has the boyfriend Raffi Torres been stated?  If that's going to rile you up, you need pills.

Yeah, that was my error on the 20 not 27.  It happens.  I'm not sure how a player that averages .28 gpg vs. .22 gpg went backwards, however.

I think it's great that Sauve did that.  I've been to many of his games.  He hasn't impressed me.  I'm going tomorrow night.  I'll pay close attention to him and let you know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie :   I'm going tomorrow night.  I'll pay close attention to him and let you know. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Well you can give my pills to him he's out with another concussion. Good luck with your calculator when counting shots allowed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : Well you can give my pills to him he's out with another concussion. Good luck with your calculator when counting shots allowed.

Well, that's another strike against him.  Poor stats and a soft melon. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : In typical Chowdakid style, you have taken one thing I stated and turned it into another.  I didn't say the OHL was a children's league.  I said I didn't put much stock in their accomplishments as children.  Knight is turning 20  in a few weeks.  He's not a child. We'll see where Knight ends up.  Only about 25% of second round picks end up with NHL careers.  A lot of people here think that any player the B's draft will turn into a solid NHL player.  The truth is that most of the players the B's draft won't play 100 games in the NHL. 

LOL . You are the King at this . You mean typical NAS style.

It wasn't necessary that you've brought out the 25% thing ( I've seen this before so there was no need ). But it's a stat that has nothing to do Knight or Koko's future. I like to judge on individual basis and how they're progressing. From what I've seen Knight although not as gifted offensively as Koko and Spooner is more ready defensively. A players inability to play in the defensive zone is what holds a lot of players back from sticking in the NHL. Knight is better at that part of the game. He has a good chance to play in the NHL despite you unimpressed with his 4th year OHL stats at almost 20.

You may have your opinions on Knight or Koko based on numbers. I just disagree with those thoughts and opinions. I think they're wrong . I base my opinions on the same reasons that you use when someone talks about Providence players that you don't agree with.

Your eyes .

Milan Lucic the Canadian says to the American Komisarek that he's not interested in turning this into a perry sound xmas. I have food to eat and positive, smart hockey fans to learn from and talk to. Stats aren't the be all end and all for them.

End of discussion for me. Enjoy the rest of your xmas day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"You got it" said Bush to Putin.

We each have ways that we form our opinions.  I think mine is pretty good.  You think yours is pretty good. We'll table it until the kid makes it or doesn't.

Merry Christmas to you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

glad to see the very positive reports on Knight, but he will be facing the same lack of openings on the Bruins, and will continue to be a young player with great potential. Of course, if the bruins decide to make all four lines highly competative, by incrfeasing the skills on the 4th line, some, like Caron and Knight will have viable opportunities. Additionally, we are all enjoying Pouliot's emergence, but let's see how he does for a full year. Plus, Chiarelli may opt to use forwards in trade for defensemen, thereby clearing a few other possibilities. Sure is fun to watch a very good team contimue to play well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie:[QUOTE] Plus, Chiarelli may opt to use forwards in trade for defensemen, thereby clearing a few other possibilities.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Definitely a prerequisite of an NHL GM Bogie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Part of Knight's weight changes are his diabetes, as long as that's kept in check he should be fine. His father's also a bit taller than he is so he may still be growning.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie : I'm just worried about what happens when he puts all that Subway weight back on.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Part of Knight's weight changes are his diabetes, as long as that's kept in check he should be fine. His father's also a bit taller than he is so he may still be growning. In Response to Re: Dougie and Freddie :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    Jared...........Subway..............

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I really enjoyed this thread.
    NAS since when do you base yourself on stats only ? You really haven't seen these guys .  That's why the +/- stat exists , your favorite.
    The only one between Knight, Koko and Spooner I've seen more is the latter. He looked very good in those games in Ottawa against the Russians, he was also picked player of the game .
    Spooner did look like a lock to make the team but correct that doesn't turn into an NHL career.
    Knight too bad I never really got to see him,  even in those pre-season games (Koko also). Although Knight has been snubbed by Hockey U.S.A.
    3 times I've seen D. Hamilton and all 3x has looked good.