Dougie can fight too!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Dougie can fight too!

This was only his 2nd fight in the OHL but if there was one player that he'd have a go with, this is the player. Craig Hottot and the Hamilton brothers have had a feud going for a while now. A lot of yapping, pushing and shoving but nothing more until now.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/108573

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dawoodguy. Show dawoodguy's posts

Re: Dougie can fight too!

Well....I'm a Dougie advocate...but.....Hottot (sp) is giving up 7" and abot 30 pounds. I'm just sayin'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not quite as dramatic as the Rask milk crate, but it shows he has emotion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1.  Punching a guy with a helmet is a bad idea.  Punching a guy with a visor is much worse.

2.  Awful size difference.

3.  The announcer says something about not seeing that sort of emotion from Hamilton.  Now, that's what I can get behind.  Don't play the crowd, play the game! 

Overall, +1 for Doug.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Dougie can fight too!:
    [QUOTE]Well....I'm a Dougie advocate...but.....Hottot (sp) is giving up 7" and abot 30 pounds. I'm just sayin'
    Posted by dawoodguy[/QUOTE]

Hottot is an instigator when it comes to fighting. His fight record speaks for itself on that one compared to Hamilton's. Being bigger is not always the determining factor in fighting. Big guys don't always win their fights. Just sayin' so also. 

This feud has been ongoing. Despite his smaller size, Hottot has been trying to get Hamilton to fight with him not the other way around. Hottot is a known pesky fighter in the league. Hamilton is not. Hamilton has declined in the past. This time he stood up for himself and obliged. And voila , crimson mask like the announcer says.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Smart move for Hamilton to pick someone he can handle. I hope he picks Ennis or Gerbe type in his first bout next season because he was not picked to be wearing a broken jaw protecting cage he was picked to add some offensive pop while learning Julien's defensive schemes.

Better yet how did Spooner playing for his new club Sarnia look against his future teammate ? Looks like Ryan scored a goal in the game...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hottot kid can go, you could feel the hate in the punches between them two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie can fight too! : Hottot is an instigator when it comes to fighting. His fight record speaks for itself on that one compared to Hamilton's. Being bigger is not always the determining factor in fighting. Big guys don't always win their fights. Just sayin' so also.  This feud has been ongoing. Despite his smaller size, Hottot has been trying to get Hamilton to fight with him not the other way around. Hottot is a known pesky fighter in the league. Hamilton is not. Hamilton has declined in the past. This time he stood up for himself and obliged. And voila , crimson mask like the announcer says.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Tie Domi against Hal Gill - who would you expect to win?  Hamilton pounds a guy who asks him to fight. That's all we can ask for in that regard. If he has to fight anyone (bigger or smaller) it's nice to see that he can handle himself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Nice bout for Hamilton.  Remember, it's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the size of the fight in the dog, just ask Stan Jonathan or better yet, Pierre Bouchard. 

Looks like DH stands in the pocket and throws 'em, and bloodies the smurfy little guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Smart move for Hamilton to pick someone he can handle. I hope he picks Ennis or Gerbe type in his first bout next season because he was not picked to be wearing a broken jaw protecting cage he was picked to add some offensive pop while learning Julien's defensive schemes. Better yet how did Spooner playing for his new club Sarnia look against his future teammate ? Looks like Ryan scored a goal in the game...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Backhander from the slot. Spooner hasn't had good games in the Ice Dogs small rink. He was just average on that night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie can fight too! : Tie Domi against Hal Gill - who would you expect to win?  Hamilton pounds a guy who asks him to fight. That's all we can ask for in that regard. If he has to fight anyone (bigger or smaller) it's nice to see that he can handle himself.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'd rather he not fight at all but Hottot was one player he had to stand up to because of an ongoing feud. Maybe the beat down will deter Hottot in the future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I'm sure their mothers are upset;  hopefully they recieved detention after the game.

Chowdah, who is your favorite child fighter? Do you like the ones before or after puberty?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

1 goal + 3 assists with a +7 over the 3 game weekend for Hamilton.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hamilton facing a possible suspension because of a head hit. Couldn't find video but I watched the game and the hit was worthy of a suspension.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I saw the same thing, should be careful not to damage his hands on those visors.
    Chowdah,  in the OHL in a fight can they remove their helmets ? 
    As for Spooner when is Yakupov returning?   Only way they might be able to compete with London.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I saw the same thing, should be careful not to damage his hands on those visors. Chowdah,  in the OHL in a fight can they remove their helmets ?  As for Spooner when is Yakupov returning?   Only way they might be able to compete with London.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

No they can't remove the helmets. Game misconduct and a one game suspension if they do. If the helmet pops off during a fight the linesmen have to break the fight up immediately.

Also if the helmet comes off during play they have to go to their bench immediately without staying in the play or playing the puck. If they do it's a minor penalty.

This was instituted after the death of senior hockey player Don Sanderson in '09 during a fight.

Yakupov had a time frame of being out one month from the time of the injury. No surgery and he's due to be back in early February.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

10 games for Dougie.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/f78f785eec630e133dcb900bfbf75982

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sure their mothers are upset;  hopefully they recieved detention after the game. Chowdah, who is your favorite child fighter? Do you like the ones before or after puberty?
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Are you saying it's strange for grown men to get all excited when children fight?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The OHL is very strict when it comes to discipline. 10 game suspension for that hit is  probably, what.......maybe 3 in the NHL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]The OHL is very strict when it comes to discipline. 10 game suspension for that hit is  probably, what.......maybe 3 in the NHL.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

WTH ,  10games !!!   they're overly strict.

Sections
Shortcuts