Dougie Hamilton--- Impressed yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Dougie Hamilton--- Impressed yet?

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Personality wise, he seems like a bit of a shy kid.  

Remember as well that a poster said they saw him at the Fours eating a salad and drinking a water, this is evidence enough that he will never be a big hitter or overly aggressive, factor that in with a first name of Dougie and an Ogie Ogilthorpe clone is not a possibility.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Personality wise, he seems like a bit of a shy kid.  

Remember as well that a poster said they saw him at the Fours eating a salad and drinking a water, this is evidence enough that he will never be a big hitter or overly aggressive, factor that in with a first name of Dougie and an Ogie Ogilthorpe clone is not a possibility.

That's funny.  That same night I heard he later caught a 3-pound rat running down the street and ate it without so much as a hiccup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You heard that, too?  Huh.  I heard it from the same source that told me the real reason Seguin was dealt and Horton wanted to leave is that "the Dougie" was the only dance move young women wanted to do whenever he was around, including Horton's wife.  Also, Seguin didn't smell like a brewery that day in the Leaf series because he was out drinking all night - apparently he was working the moves on a model when Hamilton came up, poured a jug of MGD over his head, gave him a wedgie and locked him in a broom closet before leaving with the model and at least four of her friends.  Seguin escaped the broom closet just in time to go straight to the rink for the next game.

Rumour has it sharks are thinking of having a week dedicated to him....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Anybody have an issue with Ray Bourque?  I don't recall him dealing out that many punishing checks and as for fighting, as I recall he rarely fought and when he did he lost.  I see Hamilton going down the Ray Bourque path more than I do the Darian Hatcher path.

And Bourque's PIMS were on the low end also ( like Eriksson).

Something Dougie needs to clean up a bit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I do remember him pummeling someone in junior who kept coming after him... (Chowda? Book?)

Ahhhhhhhh, a flashback remembering the days of the villainous Hottot .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

And Bourque's PIMS were on the low end also ( like Eriksson).

Something Dougie needs to clean up a bit.

Yes. you are correct, but I would hope Hamilton will correct that with age and experience.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Anybody have an issue with Ray Bourque?  I don't recall him dealing out that many punishing checks and as for fighting, as I recall he rarely fought and when he did he lost.  I see Hamilton going down the Ray Bourque path more than I do the Darian Hatcher path.

Actually, Ray Bourque was one of the best bodycheckers in the game. I recall he was voted best bodychecker in more than one magazine poll. He certainly didn't fight often, and was well respected by most folks/players. I like Hamilton's game. It seems that lots of young d-men struggle in their second year, plus he's had a few injuries. He can only get better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hamilton is progressing as well as could be expected. As noted , he is still very young; his body is maturing; his skills are obvious. Great pick by Chiarelli.

Sections
Shortcuts