Dougie Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Dougie Hamilton

Too young for AHL?

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Sadly, that's where he'll find himself again if he doesn't make Boston next year.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Sadly, that's where he'll find himself again if he doesn't make Boston next year.

Sadly isn't the word I was thinking of.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Too young for AHL? In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Yes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

3 more points for Hamilton last night to give him 70 points in 48 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hamilton, from all reports, is as good as Karlssohn [ first two years], Gudbranson, and other first year defensemen. Claude is usually hesitant with rookies, although he did try Bartkowski early a year ago. That experience may have stiffened his resolve as we saw with Seguin's tuteledge. So, it is probable that Hamilton could start as the 7th defenseman, and progress according to Claude's dictates. As far as trading young players I disagree with some of those mentioned, particularly Caron In the past few weeks, Caron has demonstrated the capability to play in the NHL. My preference is to play him with Bergeron, and allow Seguin to stay with Kreji and Lucic. THe determanent on where a Spooner, Sauve, Knight or KoKo will fit in is in Claude's game plan, which integrates offense with a heavy dollop of defense. Will Spooner replace Seguin, or Marchand ? Will Knight replace Pouliot, Kelly, Peverly or even Caron?  Will Claude change the game plan for the Merlot line and emphasize offense??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]PC also loved Kaberle. That one hurt. On a good note Toronto took Kessel and gave us Tuukka 
    Posted by michaelf101[/QUOTE]

Leafs took Kessel and Raycroft, who was a bust.  In return, they gave us Tuukka, Seguin, Knight, and Hamilton.  I'd do that trade again in a heartbeat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hamilton was 1st star in the 1st game of the OHL playoffs. He had 1 goal and 1 helper in a 6-1 win over Oshawa.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

If all works out well for him at camp next year, I sincerely hope they at least give him a 9 game try out. Can't wait to see how he looks in the bigs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Hamilton was 1st star in the 1st game of the OHL playoffs. He had 1 goal and 1 helper in a 6-1 win over Oshawa.

2nd game of the playoffs for Niagara-Oshawa. The Ice Dogs took the first game 8-2 in St. Catharines the night before with Hamilton picking up a pair of assists in that one.

They are up 2-0 in the series and are dominating Oshawa so far. First game they built a 7-0 2nd period lead. Last night a 6-0 3rd period lead.

His goal last night was a slap shot from the point on the PP to open the scoring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

If he is on the B's roster next year, he needs to be in the Top 6 and play regularly.  We are not taling about Steven Kampfer or Bartowski here.  I'm not saying he should get Chara, Seidenburg minutes but 17-20 per game seems reasonable.  Anything less would be stupid especially since this guy projects as a Karlson/Doughty type.  A 7th D-man gets crappola for ice time and this would not make the B's or Hamilton better. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]If he is on the B's roster next year, he needs to be in the Top 6 and play regularly.  We are not taling about Steven Kampfer or Bartowski here.  I'm not saying he should get Chara, Seidenburg minutes but 17-20 per game seems reasonable.  Anything less would be stupid especially since this guy projects as a Karlson/Doughty type.  A 7th D-man gets crappola for ice time and this would not make the B's or Hamilton better. 
    Posted by lucdufour[/QUOTE]

He's 3rd on his team in scoring with 72, even tho he's played in 11 and 17 fewer games than the other 2 guys who have 88 and 86 pts.
    He's younger than those other 2 guys.
    I see him listed on hockeydb at 6'4" and 193, he looks bigger than that altho I don't know what he really is.

Stats aside, when I saw him at rookie camp in June he looked outstanding to me.  Poise, skating, exceptional passing, the full package.  Another 6 months he'll probably get a little bigger and little better at least.  From what data I have I think he's a lock to be playing in the NHL next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : 2nd game of the playoffs for Niagara-Oshawa. The Ice Dogs took the first game 8-2 in St. Catharines the night before with Hamilton picking up a pair of assists in that one. They are up 2-0 in the series and are dominating Oshawa so far. First game they built a 7-0 2nd period lead. Last night a 6-0 3rd period lead. His goal last night was a slap shot from the point on the PP to open the scoring.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Chowdah. The OHL site had me misinformed. That's even better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

THN's Future Watch special is out.  Hamilton is the 3rd or 4th* rated prospect not playing in the NHL - behind Kuznetsov (who may never leave the KHL) and Granlund.  Highest ranked of guys in his draft year who didn't immediately start in the NHL.  What I like about the THN prospect report is that they talk to an established network of scouts the way McKenzie does for his draft preview stuff.

Bruins: Hamilton (3), Caron (30, down from 25 last year), Khokhlachev, Knight, Spooner, then the AHL crew of Sauve, Bartkowski, Cross, Warsovsky, and Hamill.  4 of the top 5 are amateurs, which usually means they get a little bit more leeway because they haven't been exposed against pros.  The AHL vets from 6-10 are...longer shot.

*They have him 3rd in the story, but 4th behind Huberdeau on the list.  I'll stick with 3rd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]THN's Future Watch special is out.  Hamilton is the 3rd or 4th* rated prospect not playing in the NHL - behind Kuznetsov (who may never leave the KHL) and Granlund.  Highest ranked of guys in his draft year who didn't immediately start in the NHL.  What I like about the THN prospect report is that they talk to an established network of scouts the way McKenzie does for his draft preview stuff. Bruins: Hamilton (3), Caron (30, down from 25 last year), Khokhlachev, Knight, Spooner, then the AHL crew of Sauve, Bartkowski, Cross, Warsovsky, and Hamill.  4 of the top 5 are amateurs, which usually means they get a little bit more leeway because they haven't been exposed against pros.  The AHL vets from 6-10 are...longer shot. *They have him 3rd in the story, but 4th behind Huberdeau on the list.  I'll stick with 3rd.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Is that a magazine or can you provide a link to it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh, I see it.  Pay per view.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : 2nd game of the playoffs for Niagara-Oshawa. The Ice Dogs took the first game 8-2 in St. Catharines the night before with Hamilton picking up a pair of assists in that one. They are up 2-0 in the series and are dominating Oshawa so far. First game they built a 7-0 2nd period lead. Last night a 6-0 3rd period lead. His goal last night was a slap shot from the point on the PP to open the scoring.
    7-0 2nd period lead? Where have I seen that before recently?
    Oh yeah, Good ol' Leafs. Nice job Burkie...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Does this mean whenever Dougie scores against the Leafs, they'll have to chant 'Thank you Kessel' for him as well as Sequin? I think the crowd can handle that... don't you? Or is there a 1 player limit on 'Thank yous'?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Does this mean whenever Dougie scores against the Leafs, they'll have to chant 'Thank you Kessel' for him as well as Sequin? I think the crowd can handle that... don't you? Or is there a 1 player limit on 'Thank yous'?
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]
    Imagine a game against the Leafs when Seguin scores from Knight and Hamilton......sounds pretty sweet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

What do you think of that for next season

Chara-Hamilton
    Sides-Boychuk
    Ference-McQuaid

Then you alternate Zanon with Hamilton (when necessary) or with whoever will be injured... most probably Ference

toughness on every pair

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hamilton scores 5:33 into the 1st period of game 3 to give Niagara a 1-0 lead.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Hamilton scores 5:33 into the 1st period of game 3 to give Niagara a 1-0 lead.

He also played a big role in 2 Oshawa goals with poor decisions. On the PK he decided to leave his position in the box to go running around on the opposite side of the ice. The goal was scored where he would normally be standing.

And on the game winner he was waaaaaaay out of position allowing the Oshawa forward Lucas Lessio to score on a semi-breakaway coming off the wing late in the 3rd period.

Not a good night for Hamilton defensively.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : He also played a big role in 2 Oshawa goals with poor decisions. On the PK he decided to leave his position in the box to go running around on the opposite side of the ice. The goal was scored where he would normally be standing. And on the game winner he was waaaaaaay out of position allowing the Oshawa forward Lucas Lessio to score on a semi-breakaway coming off the wing late in the 3rd period. Not a good night for Hamilton defensively.

Is his defense a consistent problem or was last night just a bad showing?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Is his defense a consistent problem or was last night just a bad showing?
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

It doesn't happen all the time. But at times he gets running around out of position trying to do too much instead of just keeping it simple. To answer your question I guess bad showing would be the answer.

In the Eastern Conference coaches poll he was voted 2nd best defensive defenceman so he has played well defensively during the season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Chowdahkid-  Have you heard anything about Jared Knight being injured?

He was scratched from the game yesterday against the Spits and didn't hear anything as to why.  He scored a goal in London on Friday late in the game so wondering if he was injured there?

Figured if anyone would know it would be you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : It doesn't happen all the time. But at times he gets running around out of position trying to do too much instead of just keeping it simple. To answer your question I guess bad showing would be the answer. In the Eastern Conference coaches poll he was voted 2nd best defensive defenceman so he has played well defensively during the season.

A good dose of Claude Julien will rectify any desire to get out of position for the sake of offense.

Sections
Shortcuts