Dougie Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Dougie Hamilton

He can afford a mental lapse if playing w chara.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton:
    [QUOTE]Chowdahkid-  Have you heard anything about Jared Knight being injured? He was scratched from the game yesterday against the Spits and didn't hear anything as to why.  He scored a goal in London on Friday late in the game so wondering if he was injured there? Figured if anyone would know it would be you.
    Posted by winexpos[/QUOTE]

London Free Press says he injured his ankle in his fight. 

-----------

They’ve already lost one veteran — Jared Knight, who is on the sidelines with an ankle injury from a late tussle with Kerby Rychel on Friday.

The Boston Bruins prospect was at the game and didn’t appear to be walking in too much discomfort.

“He’s day-to-day,” London assistant coach Dylan Hunter said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : A good dose of Claude Julien will rectify any desire to get out of position for the sake of offense.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

My thoughts also but in both cases his positioning had nothing to do with going on the offense. The Generals were attacking with the puck. They were just poor decisions by him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : It doesn't happen all the time. But at times he gets running around out of position trying to do too much instead of just keeping it simple. To answer your question I guess bad showing would be the answer. In the Eastern Conference coaches poll he was voted 2nd best defensive defenceman so he has played well defensively during the season.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Do you think he'll make the team next year? I have a feeling he will. 17-55-72, on top of missing 10+ games in his OHL season, is pretty impressive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Thanks for the reply. Do you think he'll make the team next year? I have a feeling he will. 17-55-72, on top of missing 10+ games in his OHL season, is pretty impressive.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

Unless he has a really bad camp I don;t think the Bruins send him back to Juniors.They might ease him in slowly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As much as we'd all like to see him in Boston and thriving, I'd rather see him in Junior if he's not ready.  There is a difference between being able to dominate an OHL team and being able to compete with NHLers.  It's also much harder to spot a defenseman into games the way the Bruins did with Seguin unless you plan to dress 7 defensemen.  Add this to D being a more difficult transition and I would be just as happy to see Hamilton go back and win a gold at the WJHC, compete for a Memorial Cup again, and dominate.  Better that than sit on the bench.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : It doesn't happen all the time. But at times he gets running around out of position trying to do too much instead of just keeping it simple. To answer your question I guess bad showing would be the answer. In the Eastern Conference coaches poll he was voted 2nd best defensive defenceman so he has played well defensively during the season.

That doing too much I could easily imagine as being a result of a league he's outgrown - where he doesn't respect his competition enough.

Could be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : That doing too much I could easily imagine as being a result of a league he's outgrown - where he doesn't respect his competition enough. Could be.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I don't really agree with your "outgrowing a league" theory. He's played like this since he came into the league as a 16 year old. He has just done it less and less as he's gotten older.

He also did it during the first few games of the WJHC. I believe it's poor decision making that's causing these occasional F-ups. Lack of respect for the opposition due to outgrowing a league is a bit far-fetched IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Thanks for the reply. Do you think he'll make the team next year? I have a feeling he will. 17-55-72, on top of missing 10+ games in his OHL season, is pretty impressive.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

Part of me says he's ready and part of me says he's not. 

Offensively he's ready. Defensively he has the tools to shut down NHL players. The problem lies in being consistent defensively. His positional play needs working on. I'm interested on how he'll play with NHL coaching helping him.

My guess : NHL look-see for at least 9 games next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Part of me says he's ready and part of me says he's not.  Offensively he's ready. Defensively he has the tools to shut down NHL players. The problem lies in being consistent defensively. His positional play needs working on. I'm interested on how he'll play with NHL coaching helping him. My guess : NHL look-see for at least 9 games next year.

If the problem is consistency, then it really is the same situation Seguin faced last year, right? If he can play at this level, he should. Consistency will come through the natural learning curve he has to take. He won't get that with another year in the OHL, just as Seguin wouldn't have last year. 

I'd be interested to see what shape he comes into camp next season, will be crucial for him to make the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : If the problem is consistency, then it really is the same situation Seguin faced last year, right? If he can play at this level, he should. Consistency will come through the natural learning curve he has to take. He won't get that with another year in the OHL, just as Seguin wouldn't have last year.  I'd be interested to see what shape he comes into camp next season, will be crucial for him to make the team.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

Making mistakes as a defenceman is magnified more then as a forward defensively. Make a mistake, it's a scoring opportunity. It is a tougher position to learn-on-the-go at the NHL level wouldn't you agree ? Not as much forgiveness as a forward when a mistake is made.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Making mistakes as a defenceman is magnified more then as a forward defensively. Make a mistake, it's a scoring opportunity. It is a tougher position to learn-on-the-go at the NHL level wouldn't you agree ? Not as much forgiveness as a forward when a mistake is made.

Plus he is both highly touted, a big guy, and plays lots of minutes. Hard not to notice his mistakes. Just ask Chara.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : I don't really agree with your "outgrowing a league" theory. He's played like this since he came into the league as a 16 year old. He has just done it less and less as he's gotten older.   He also did it during the first few games of the WJHC. I believe it's poor decision making that's causing these occasional F-ups. Lack of respect for the opposition due to outgrowing a league is a bit far-fetched IMO.

I don't know if it's that far fetched.  There is a direct relationship between risk taking and the results if it goes wrong.  He can take risks in the OHL and still be the 2nd rated defensive defenseman because he is fast enough to get back and the oposing forwards are not good enough to make him pay.  Another year in the OHL will only make it worse.  Do you think he will take less risks next year after dominating this year?  I doubt it.

Bring him up, keep him as the 7th defenseman and he can adjust durring practice until somebody gets hurt and he gets his shot.  Practicing against Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand, Lucic et al will do a lot more for him than another year of dominating the OHL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : I don't know if it's that far fetched.  There is a direct relationship between risk taking and the results if it goes wrong.  He can take risks in the OHL and still be the 2nd rated defensive defenseman because he is fast enough to get back and the oposing forwards are not good enough to make him pay.  Another year in the OHL will only make it worse.  Do you think he will take less risks next year after dominating this year?  I doubt it. Bring him up, keep him as the 7th defenseman and he can adjust durring practice until somebody gets hurt and he gets his shot.  Practicing against Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand, Lucic et al will do a lot more for him than another year of dominating the OHL
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

I don't think that the risk taking in the offensive end and getting back is the problem. It's his decision making with his positioning ( at times ) in his own end. 

It's the part of his game that needs work for him to be better at the next level IMO. Am I nitpicking ? Maybe, but it's a weakness that I see with his game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : I don't know if it's that far fetched.  There is a direct relationship between risk taking and the results if it goes wrong.  He can take risks in the OHL and still be the 2nd rated defensive defenseman because he is fast enough to get back and the oposing forwards are not good enough to make him pay.  Another year in the OHL will only make it worse.  Do you think he will take less risks next year after dominating this year?  I doubt it. Bring him up, keep him as the 7th defenseman and he can adjust durring practice until somebody gets hurt and he gets his shot.  Practicing against Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand, Lucic et al will do a lot more for him than another year of dominating the OHL
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]
    Burning up a year of his entry level deal so that he can play sparingly doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Burning up a year of his entry level deal so that he can play sparingly doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Or not play at all. A headscratcher for sure. Its not like the B's have a playoff spot wrapped up yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Making mistakes as a defenceman is magnified more then as a forward defensively. Make a mistake, it's a scoring opportunity. It is a tougher position to learn-on-the-go at the NHL level wouldn't you agree ? Not as much forgiveness as a forward when a mistake is made.

True, and I agree that mistakes are magnified. BUT, he cannot be any worse than a Joe Corvo defensively, and the Bruins system/quality of the other D-men should allow for Hamilton to adjust playing in the NHL on a bottom pariing. Doesn't mean that he wont' sit like Seguin either, but his offensive talent, plus his size, is too great to not have him develop at the NHL level. I'd rather have a Dougie Hamilton make defensive mistakes and learn than Corvo, who just won't be getting better anytime soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

2 goals and 6 assists in 5 playoff games so far. Niagra leading Oshawa in the series 3-2.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

The bruins will not be trading any prospects this draft or for an elite player they need youth development for prov.
    The only bruins roster players that are signed:
    Looch Krejci Horton March Bergy Seguin Peverly Caron Thornton (Macdemid?)
    so far we are 2 short on forwards hopefully Paille will get signed
    Chara Sieds Boys Mcquaid Ference and Hamilton
    and the possibility the saftey net will be Zanon being sign
    Thomas
    Rask is not signed big ? is how much he will cost

We will have enough space to sign a consistent third line center if Kelly leaves.

Looch Krejci Horton
    March Bergy Seguin
    Caron Peverly ?????
    Macdermid ?????? Thornton

Chara Boys
    Sieds Hamilton
    Ference McQuaid

Thomas
    ???????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

He played better last night in his own end. Out of position, running around a bit but not as much as the previous 2 games. He did make a boo-boo on the first General goal though. On the PK he had time to dump it out, flubbed his backhand , 5 seconds later the puck was behind Visentin.

What I really liked was he was a force QBing the PP with his passing and one timers . Many scoring opportunities were created by his creativity from the point. He also had a few big hits on 5 on 5 play.

Big win for my favourite junior team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]He played better last night in his own end. Out of position, running around a bit but not as much as the previous 2 games. He did make a boo-boo on the first General goal though. On the PK he had time to dump it out, flubbed his backhand , 5 seconds later the puck was behind Visentin. What I really liked was he was a force QBing the PP with his passing and one timers . Many scoring opportunities were created by his creativity from the point. He also had a few big hits on 5 on 5 play. Big win for my favourite junior team.
    Speaking of junior teams, the SeaDogs won't be easy for anyone to beat. I'm hoping to see 2 teams repeat this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In other Bruins prospect news from the OHL Ryan Spooner's team is one loss away from sending him off to the pros.

Jared Knight's team advances to the next round beating the Koko-less Spitfires. Knight remains sidelined with an injured ankle which occurred in a fight.

Badhabs favourite Bruins prospect Anthony Camara's team Barrie Colts are a win away from advancing. They lead 3-2. Camara has a goal an assist despite having to use double runner blades to get around.

Tyler Randell's Kitchener Rangers advanced without him. He is serving a 10 game suspension for a head check.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Speaking of junior teams, the SeaDogs won't be easy for anyone to beat. I'm hoping to see 2 teams repeat this year.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Basically same team as last year's champs right ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Basically same team as last year's champs right ?
    Awfully close too it but they added Charlie Coyle at the deadline ( 13 points in a 4 game sweep).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Correction on Spooner's team . I didn't realize that they played last night as it wasn't on the tube last night . They are out and he is officially off to starting his Bruin career.