Dougie Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Dougie Hamilton

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton:
    In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Awfully close too it but they added Charlie Coyle at the deadline ( 13 points in a 4 game sweep).
    Posted by dezaruchi

Anything resembling last year's Memorial Cup performance from the Sea Dogs and I can't see any team from the OHL competing with them. They have a lot of talent.

The Ice Dogs have loaded up and have the most talent but haven't proven anything yet. London is a good team but they are very young. Plymouth or Ottawa might go to the Memorial cup as they are two very good teams also. Anyone else would be a surprise for me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Correction on Spooner's team . I didn't realize that they played last night as it wasn't on the tube last night . They are out and he is officially off to starting his Bruin career.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Time for him to step up to the men's leagues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In other Bruins prospect news from the OHL Ryan Spooner's team is one loss away from sending him off to the pros.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Not that I would wish to spoil Spooner's playoff run but I would like to see him in Providence this season for a few games. P-Bruins are on life support 6 points back with Syracuse and Manchester not losing to help.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Not that I would wish to spoil Spooner's playoff run but I would like to see him in Providence this season for a few games. P-Bruins are on life support 6 points back with Syracuse and Manchester not losing to help.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Me too ! I couldn't really see the Sting's playoffs lasting more then a round or two. Dougie or Knight's chances are much better as far as Bruin's prospects teams go for going deeper in their playoff runs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Does it temper anyone's expectations of Spooner that he has had no success in the playoffs as a Junior?  I mean, yeah, team game and all, but Spooner has only had one year where his playoff number were anything close to his regular season numbers - and he's a scorer, so the numbers matter.  1-2-3 in six games this year, 6 in 5 games last year (the one year his numbers fit) and only two assists in his younger years.  He took an ugly minus this year too, so if part of the explanation is that they asked him to play a checking role, he didn't do a very good job of it.

Sarnia has a few really talented players.  I thought this might be Spooner's chance to show that he can elevate his game in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re the SeaDogs, Roussel in for Despres is doing the trick, dez?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re the SeaDogs, Roussel in for Despres is doing the trick, dez?
    Posted by Bookboy007

They've hardly missed a beat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

I just got back from watching Dougie's Dogs elimimate Oshawa in 6 games with a 4-1 win. Dougie was steady tonight defensively and looked good on the PP. Not too many turnovers tonight!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Does it temper anyone's expectations of Spooner that he has had no success in the playoffs as a Junior?  I mean, yeah, team game and all, but Spooner has only had one year where his playoff number were anything close to his regular season numbers - and he's a scorer, so the numbers matter.  1-2-3 in six games this year, 6 in 5 games last year (the one year his numbers fit) and only two assists in his younger years.  He took an ugly minus this year too, so if part of the explanation is that they asked him to play a checking role, he didn't do a very good job of it. Sarnia has a few really talented players.  I thought this might be Spooner's chance to show that he can elevate his game in the playoffs.
    Posted by Bookboy007

He was always playing on the top two lines every time I watched Sarnia so I don't believe that he was asked to play a checking role.

I just don't think his defensive play is a strength for him. That will have to change if he is to move on to play for Julien's Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I just got back from watching Dougie's Dogs elimimate Oshawa in 6 games with a 4-1 win. Dougie was steady tonight defensively and looked good on the PP. Not too many turnovers tonight!
    Posted by 49thparallel

Agreed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : He was always playing on the top two lines every time I watched Sarnia so I don't believe that he was asked to play a checking role.  I just don't think his defensive play is a strength for him. That will have to change if he is to move on to play for Julien's Bruins.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Chowda, he will be taught and mentored in this aspect of the game by CJ and Chara. Not to worried about that. Every kid has some learning to do.

I once saw Chara in his first year as an Islander (my first and last visit to the Colleseum) and he was totally brutal out there. Awkward, and prone to giveaways under pressure. A few years later he is a perennial Norris candidate. Things take time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Chowda, he will be taught and mentored in this aspect of the game by CJ and Chara. Not to worried about that. Every kid has some learning to do. I once saw Chara in his first year as an Islander (my first and last visit to the Colleseum) and he was totally brutal out there. Awkward, and prone to giveaways under pressure. A few years later he is a perennial Norris candidate. Things take time.
    Posted by jaywall

Been watching junior hockey for a while Jay so I know how it works and how much they can improve after leaving junior. Worried is not how I feel .

Just stating what I see when I post about those kids. It's not always a perfect world for Bruins prospects when you watch them. Sometimes they disappoint at times too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Been watching junior hockey for a while Jay so I know how it works and how much they can improve after leaving junior. Worried is not how I feel .  Just stating what I see when I post about those kids. It's not always a perfect world for Bruins prospects when you watch them. Sometimes they disappoint at times too.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Fair enough. Do you know anything about that Justin Schultz kid from Wisconsin? Ducks appear not to be able to sign him and he seems to be getting a lot of buzz by the media.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So what up with Nail?  I heard he wasn't up to snuff in the playoffs.

What?  A Russian not bringing the goods when it counts?  (shocked face)

I guess not having a Leafs pick this year has a bit of a silver lining.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Fair enough. Do you know anything about that Justin Schultz kid from Wisconsin? Ducks appear not to be able to sign him and he seems to be getting a lot of buzz by the media.
    Posted by jaywall

Sorry I'm clueless with the NCAA game. One game a week is all I get.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

So what up with Nail?  I heard he wasn't up to snuff in the playoffs. What?  A Russian not bringing the goods when it counts?  (shocked face) I guess not having a Leafs pick this year has a bit of a silver lining.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Surprised you pried yourself away from Null to comment on Nail.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Chowda, Dougie's in Brampton for game 2 on sunday at 2. I think I'll make the drive...

Sections
Shortcuts