Dougie Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Dougie Hamilton

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton:
    [QUOTE]Well? I will say like the kid because of the improving stats, he's outperforming older guys who are already drafted.  Looking at the Bruins place in the current mock draft I *might* like this Stefan Matteau kid better than the other first rounders they have rated before him.  It's harder to evaluate the stats because they are playing in different leagues.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I guess you're looking for an answer.

Here's what I'll ask you . Did you tell us how he forechecks ? Is he hard on the puck ? What's he like defensively ?  Is he a hard hitter ? What's his puckhandling like ? Is his shot accurate or hard ? Is he a good fighter who can take care of himself ? Does he sacrifice his body to block shots ? etc. etc. etc.

I could ask you a few more that your stats wouldn't give you the answers. 

That's like me reading off Tommy Cross' bio and stats and saying this guy was captain his team. Good. His team won the NCAA championship. Good . He is 6'3". Good. He hasn't been injured this year. Good. He plays for BC and not BU. Good.

I expect him to be an NHLer.......

.......even though I don't have a clue what I'm talking about because I haven't seen him play. Bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : I guess you're looking for an answer.   Here's what I'll ask you . Did you tell us how he forechecks ? Is he hard on the puck ? What's he like defensively ?  Is he a hard hitter ? What's his puckhandling like ? Is his shot accurate or hard ? Is he a good fighter who can take care of himself ? Does he sacrifice his body to block shots ? etc. etc. etc. I could ask you a few more that your stats wouldn't give you the answers.  That's like me reading off Tommy Cross' bio and stats and saying this guy was captain his team. Good. His team won the NCAA championship. Good . He is 6'3". Good. He hasn't been injured this year. Good. He plays for BC and not BU. Good. I expect him to be an NHLer....... .......even though I don't have a clue what I'm talking about because I haven't seen him play. Bad.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course there is everything to say about seeing the player and stats don't tell the whole story.

And Tommy Cross is a great example, he's got my classic red flag. 

18 pts in 28 games last year.  24 pts in 44 games this year.  Whoa!  In the neighborhood of twice as many games and only 6 more points?

You've seen Spooner and Toffoli play, I've seen Spooner little and never Toffoli.

I look at their numbers and I wonder why the Bruins took Spooner, Toffoli's numbers look so significanty better and his stats say he is bigger.  And as it pans out, it looks like Toffoli is going to be better.

I like MacFarland over Knight based on his numbers at the time.  Now it looks to me, based only on the numbers alone, that it appears to me that Knight is going to work out better than MacFarland.

Stats are one way to evaluate a guy.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Yes, of course there is everything to say about seeing the player and stats don't tell the whole story. And Tommy Cross is a great example, he's got my classic red flag.  18 pts in 28 games last year.  24 pts in 44 games this year.  Whoa!  In the neighborhood of twice as many games and only 6 more points? You've seen Spooner and Toffoli play, I've seen Spooner little and never Toffoli. I look at their numbers and I wonder why the Bruins took Spooner, Toffoli's numbers look so significanty better and his stats say he is bigger.  And as it pans out, it looks like Toffoli is going to be better. I like MacFarland over Knight based on his numbers at the time.  Now it looks to me, based only on the numbers alone, that it appears to me that Knight is going to work out better than MacFarland. Stats are one way to evaluate a guy.  
    Whether or not Cross is eventually able to play in the NHL won't have anything to do with his current point totals. For example, Mark Stuart actually regressed in scoring during his 3 years at Colorado College. He's gone on to be a decent NHL defenceman.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

NAS, I met Mikko in Montreal several thousand years ago in Montreal.  He looked like PJ Axelsson.  He could not play like him.  Anywho, Hamilton is a nice pick.  He has great potential.  Yet, most big men need several years to adjust their game a la Pronger and Chara.  So I think it best to admire and be patient, but not Joe Thornton patient, hehe.  Jaywall, the year the Bs drafted Samuelson, the Bs used two 1st round picks on Swedes.  Duds!  Now Mats Thelin was a decent player.  Enough of this banter, cannot wait for Thursday's game!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Assist for Hamilton on the OT winner in game 1 of the OHL East Final. Knight and Randell each held pointless in game 1 of the OHL West Final. "Knights" London team leading Randell's Kitchener Rangers after a 3-2 OT victory in game 1.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

OTT vs NIA game from last night is being broadcast on NHL Channel as I type this.

FYI

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hoping that series goes at least six or I'm out of town for every game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Assist for Hamilton on the OT winner in game 1 of the OHL East Final. Knight and Randell each held pointless in game 1 of the OHL West Final. "Knights" London team leading Randell's Kitchener Rangers after a 3-2 OT victory in game 1.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Passed up free tickets to this game and instead watched it on the tube. Outstanding playoff game. Great goaltending by WJHC'S goalies Visentin ( Can )and Mrazek ( Cze ). Dougie played a good game but nothing special. Look out Sea Dogs !

P.S. What happened to bim's Kabanov and Cataractes ? Looks like they'll have to win the Memorial Cup with the free pass they were given as hosts. Hee Hee.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Passed up free tickets to this game and instead watched it on the tube. Outstanding playoff game. Great goaltending by WJHC'S goalies Visentin ( Can )and Mrazek ( Cze ). Dougie played a good game but nothing special. Look out Sea Dogs ! P.S. What happened to bim's Kabanov and Cataractes ? Looks like they'll have to win the Memorial Cup with the free pass they were given as hosts. Hee Hee.
    What I suspected all along.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton :  That's like me reading off Tommy Cross' bio and stats and saying this guy was captain his team. Good. His team won the NCAA championship. Good . He is 6'3". Good. He hasn't been injured this year. Good. He plays for BC and not BU. Good. I expect him to be an NHLer....... .......even though I don't have a clue what I'm talking about because I haven't seen him play. Bad.

This is what drives me crazy at draft time.  Most of the posters here haven't a clue about ANY of the players available past the top five, and even the top five are youtube highlights and scout/agent propoganga.  Yet, when the post, it's "I want this guy!" and "The Bruins should trade XYZ to move up to hopefully select this guy" and other levels of insanity.

At least you OHL guys have an idea.  People get mad at me because I won't say who I hope the B's select.  I won't say because I have NO IDEA.  I'm not being cautious, just honest.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : This is what drives me crazy at draft time.  Most of the posters here haven't a clue about ANY of the players available past the top five, and even the top five are youtube highlights and scout/agent propoganga.  Yet, when the post, it's "I want this guy!" and "The Bruins should trade XYZ to move up to hopefully select this guy" and other levels of insanity. At least you OHL guys have an idea.  People get mad at me because I won't say who I hope the B's select.  I won't say because I have NO IDEA.  I'm not being cautious, just honest.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Since when did you have to be informed to make an opinion?
    Hell, most Americans aren't informed and they vote.

I think you can form an opinion based on little knowledge or expertise, I saw Torres hit Hossa and even tho I'm not a neurologist, my opinon was that he was hurt bad.

You can make some assumptions about a guy based on his stats alone. You can make some assumptions by watching the guy play.  If you can gather more stats, and see the guy a lot more, of course that's the best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Since when did you have to be informed to make an opinion? Hell, most Americans aren't informed and they vote. I think you can form an opinion based on little knowledge or expertise, I saw Torres hit Hossa and even tho I'm not a neurologist, my opinon was that he was hurt bad. You can make some assumptions about a guy based on his stats alone. You can make some assumptions by watching the guy play.  If you can gather more stats, and see the guy a lot more, of course that's the best.

I know whose opinion I'd want.

I'll listen to the guy in the arena. You can have the guy in front of his computer looking at numbers. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Lots of good posters are commenting here, may I ask which one of you blokes is a coach?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Lots of good posters are commenting here, may I ask which one of you blokes is a coach?
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

........a prerequisite of yours for hockey talk ? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : I know whose opinion I'd want. I'll listen to the guy in the arena. You can have the guy in front of his computer looking at numbers. 

The optimum is a guy who can do both.  It's really hard to do, once the guy starts playing regular in the NHL and I watch him I don't look at his stats anymore.

I was surprised Seguin was credited with 3 hits last game, I wouldn never have known if I hadn't heard the stat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : The optimum is a guy who can do both.  It's really hard to do, once the guy starts playing regular in the NHL and I watch him I don't look at his stats anymore. I was surprised Seguin was credited with 3 hits last game, I wouldn never have known if I hadn't heard the stat.

Watch the game twice.  The second time, try not to follow the puck or the action and watch what else is going on.  I saw Seguin throwing the body today.  It wasn't pretty, but was better than was Semin does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton : Watch the game twice.  The second time, try not to follow the puck or the action and watch what else is going on.  I saw Seguin throwing the body today.  It wasn't pretty, but was better than was Semin does.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You are dead on, but that's more work than I'm willing to put in.  When I retired, then maybe.  Right now I spend too much time watching and posting on here and blowing the cover off of null's marketing campaign as it is.

Sections
Shortcuts