Dougie, Krug, Bart. Who Plays?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Dougie, Krug, Bart. Who Plays?

I was just thinking of the D and was wondering who will be the odd man out this year (I apologize if someone already asked this; I'm too lazy to check):

Chara-Seidenberg

Bartkowski - Boychuk

Dougie/Krug - McQuaid

Six spots for seven guys. Who do you guys think sits?

Maybe they will have some sort of rotation, but I gotta think Dougie will have a spot unless they send him down (can they do that yet?).

I really don't know what PC/Claude will decide with this one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Dougie, Krug, Bart. Who Plays?

Morrow will be fighting for one of those spots too manny. They'll carry seven D, two will skate, one will get the press box and one will be hanging out in Providence. It'll make an interesting camp to see which two of those four crack the lineup out of camp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Why does it seem like we have a very deep pool of prospects now and yet we were scrambling for 3rd liners for awhile?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think considering his overall performance in the play-offs Krug will be part of the top 6. Bart has the most pro experience overall. I think the B's may leave Hamilton & Morrow in Provindence to play 30 minutes a night & bring them up on a need be basis. Funny how the Bruins went from having an over umbundance at center to having as many as 3 young d-men that could play in the top 2 pairings. The Bruins are the envy of the league again. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Krug gets all of the attention for his 4 goals in 5 games, rightfully so, but I was really impressed with the development of Bartkowski this year. His game at the end of this past season was alot different than when we saw him the season before.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

It's a long season, and all will get their minutes, but wouldn't be surprised to see Hamilton & Bartkowski take the 2 regular spots to start the season. They seem to be the most consistent any given night. A vet could be signed for little money to be the #7 and sit in the press box. No way they let a younger guy get rusty that way.

Morrow to Providence. Krug the PP QB in Providence to get as many minutes as he can in that role.

Wouldn't be surprised to see McQuaid as part of a deadline deal with Bart and Morrow nipping at his heels.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

After his four goals in five games, I wasn't much impressed with Krug after.  Thinking back to it, it seemed like he spent his time trying not to get hit, avoiding any corner play like the bubonic plague was there.

In my eyes, he dropped to #3 with Bartkowski being #2 and Hamilton at the #1.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I like all these D-men and wouldn't mind to see one of the older guys -- Seids, even -- traded in favor of the youth.  I'd also like to see Chara's minutes cut back, and not see him at all on the PP.  I think Hamilton's the key guy for his size (like Chara) and his offensive ability (way beyond Chara).

I'd expect the others -- Bart, Krug, and Morrow -- would give you speed, dsmarts, and puck-moving-D capabilities, if not even scoring capabilities.  I'd keep Chara, McQuaid, and Boychuck as part of a seven-man D.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

After his four goals in five games, I wasn't much impressed with Krug after.  Thinking back to it, it seemed like he spent his time trying not to get hit, avoiding any corner play like the bubonic plague was there.

I disagree, I was worried about Krug's size or lack thereof, but he proved to me that he was very tough.  He had some great hits like the one he had on Shaw, and was able to stand guys up at the blueline.  He may have a hard time moving guys out of the front, but that's what his partner is there for.  Does he have to be cautious about entering the corners, for sure, but I didn't think that he was scared by any means.  His teammates (McQuaid being the one I remember being quoted) commented on how tough he was in battle drills during the time he spent with the B's after signing.  I think this kid is #1, Bartkowski #2, and Hamilton #3.  I thought that Dougie was a step slow last year, but it may have been the schedule that affected him, he played an awful lot of hockey during the lockout with travel in there as well for world jrs.  Interesting how it seemed the B's were light in D prospects and heavy with forwards just last year, and now I see it as reversed, as these 3 can be very good, if not special players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNTwuXs0yOo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Ditto NAS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Morrow will be fighting for one of those spots too manny. They'll carry seven D, two will skate, one will get the press box and one will be hanging out in Providence. It'll make an interesting camp to see which two of those four crack the lineup out of camp.

Wow ...2nd topic in a row I agree with red ...I say not only Morrow will fight for a spot but he will earn one ...

Chara-Seidenberg

Morrow - Boychuk

Dougie/Krug - McQuaid

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I thought Krug was good in the playoffs but I think Bartkowski will beat him out in Oct. I agree w/ what someone above stated about having both Hamilton & Morrow down in Prov playing big mins a night to hone their game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Red.....great minds think alike !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This is really starting to scare me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I think considering his overall performance in the play-offs Krug will be part of the top 6. Bart has the most pro experience overall. I think the B's may leave Hamilton & Morrow in Provindence to play 30 minutes a night & bring them up on a need be basis. Funny how the Bruins went from having an over umbundance at center to having as many as 3 young d-men that could play in the top 2 pairings. The Bruins are the envy of the league again. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

i agree this is the likely scenario, however watching Krug and Hamilton move the puck around on the PP in the playoffs was pretty nice to see after the last few years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Wow, Stanley & Red, 2 pea's in a pod, i don't know how i didn't notice it before. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

disagree, i think he was better than that, still moved the puck effectively and was not a liabilty in his own end

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Lmao red, I'm scared for you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Red...I'm hearing the Twilight ZOne theme now! Be afraid girl...BE VERY AFRAID!! BOOOHAAAWWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa..a.a

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

[QUOTE]

disagree, i think he was better than that, still moved the puck effectively and was not a liabilty in his own end

[/QUOTE]

DITTO!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

You wont admit it but you like me after all....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Fans will be impressed by Morrow....he can really move the puck ...I think he is alreadyna better player than Krug, bigger, faster, tougher and smarter ....but again nobody othe than red will believe me until you see him....he is the pocket ace in the Seguin-Ericksson's transaction

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

I think this is  great problem to have. Krug started like a house on fire and ended up on the wrong side of this against Chicago. For me, it's gotta be Hamilton this year. Hopefully he's on strenghting program  a la Gary Roberts, so he can handle a full year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Cashman72's comment:

I think this is  great problem to have. Krug started like a house on fire and ended up on the wrong side of this against Chicago. For me, it's gotta be Hamilton this year. Hopefully he's on strenghting program  a la Gary Roberts, so he can handle a full year.

You mean like Seguin was a part of.  A lot of good it did him. 

http://www.biosteel.com/team_biosteel.php

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Heh Shane Hnidy, does anyone think PC should see if he's available.

@Red - Maybe you could be his assistant GM ?

Sections
Shortcuts