Dougie, Krug, Bart. Who Plays?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Dougie, Krug, Bart. Who Plays?

Dougie played more games than the other two combined, highly doubt he's going to start the year in providence....

i don't see the B'S moving Seids unless he's asking for more than PC'S willing to pay AND the B'S playoff chances don't look good, which isn't very likely....

as for Morrow making the team, he's belonged to three teams in the last two years, doubt he's ready for the nhl....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Morrow nearly made pitt a few yrs ago.  All 4 have to come to camp and win the position.  Hamilton has done nothing to cement his spot in the lineup.  I'm hoping he mentally gets better bc his play could have been a difference maker from winning and losing a cup. 

I'm making my prediction that Morrow will start the year with McQ.  Hamilton will be in the top 4.  Id really like them to play Hamilton Morrow together. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Morrow nearly made pitt a few yrs ago.  All 4 have to come to camp and win the position.  Hamilton has done nothing to cement his spot in the lineup.  I'm hoping he mentally gets better bc his play could have been a difference maker from winning and losing a cup. 

I'm making my prediction that Morrow will start the year with McQ.  Hamilton will be in the top 4.  Id really like them to play Hamilton Morrow together. 

and they trade him for another Morrow who turns out to only be a rental....  could it be the Pens weren't impressed with his progression?....

i see Hamilton playing top four mins. paired with Seids....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

first and foremost, i highly doubt hamilton spends a second in the AHL next year. I see him playing 22 minutes a night. Secondly, Bartkowski is flat out better than Krug. I know Krug is good for the PP, but I'd rather have Bart get the minutes. To those suggesting a trade of one of the older d men, i could see it, but not this year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

and they trade him for another Morrow who turns out to only be a rental....  could it be the Pens weren't impressed with his progression?....

i see Hamilton playing top four mins. paired with Seids....

[/QUOTE]

pitt has a lot of prospects and def was one area they had more of bc of the staal trade.  Morrow went to bring in the other morrow who was a team captain and leader.  It takes something to get something of morrows cal.  

hamilton should get heavy minutes.  Something scares me about his compete level and mental toughness.   The wjc really scared me on this guy.  He had a good start and id give him a B- grade on the year.  But im nor ruling any of those 4 guys out.  Cj wont put up with it.  Should make for a good battle.  If you recall i said id be surprised if this guy makes it the whole year.  Also said we needed to upgrade on def.  

he has all the tools.  Time will tell.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Preface everything with no one gets anything for free - so camp will be interesting.

That said, I think the kid-gloves are off with Hamilton this year - regular training camp, familiarity with the system, experience with NHL play and an offseason regimen from the team = expectations.

I'm guessing he's got a spot to lose rather than needing to win one.  He's the youngest of the group with the most experience, and has the highest ceiling. 

I thought Krug was okay defensively - he was a liability in the Finals only when he started to skate the puck out.  The forwards would start pushing up waiting for the pass and he'd keep skating and get hung out to dry.  That's the problem with bringing in a guy who wants to rush the puck all the time - the system looks to generate speed through the neutral zone with timely passes and FORWARDS skating the puck into the offensive zone - or dumping and forechecking.  Krug has much to learn and that may mean a Providence stay - though he'll get the call.

Bartkowski has an even more limited portfolio in the NHL, but he looked comfortable and relatively capable.  He's the 7th D in my head, handed like Boychuk and McQuaid were - playing less than half the season but spending the whole year on the roster.

Morrow I see in Providence unless he blows their doors off.  Give him some time to acclimate to the way the Bruins play - same system in Providence, if I remember correctly.  Then we'll see.

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

First note is that Hamilton is a right D, and knows Claude's system. His only problem was trying to emulate Chara. He needs better coaching. Bartkowski has developed very well and should play ahead of Krug. For most of us Morrow is a maybe which training camp will sort out. I would rather see Boychuck traded than McQ because McQ is more alert to the opponents, and less prone to slam the puck for icings. This young quality plus another Chiarelli trade could lead to Chara retiring on top, after 20o14, just as Lidstrom did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

First note is that Hamilton is a right D, and knows Claude's system. His only problem was trying to emulate Chara. He needs better coaching. Bartkowski has developed very well and should play ahead of Krug. For most of us Morrow is a maybe which training camp will sort out. I would rather see Boychuck traded than McQ because McQ is more alert to the opponents, and less prone to slam the puck for icings. This young quality plus another Chiarelli trade could lead to Chara retiring on top, after 20o14, just as Lidstrom did.

i agree with most of what you said until you start talking about chara retiring. That's probably 5 years away. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

After his four goals in five games, I wasn't much impressed with Krug after.  Thinking back to it, it seemed like he spent his time trying not to get hit, avoiding any corner play like the bubonic plague was there.

In my eyes, he dropped to #3 with Bartkowski being #2 and Hamilton at the #1.

the LAST thing I saw from Krug was apprehension to go to corners, play the man, and mixing it up... he wanted the puck.. I have no idea what "krug" you were watching..

[/QUOTE]

i wasn't worried about him going into corners, but he turned the puck over a lot. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

the LAST thing I saw from Krug was apprehension to go to corners, play the man, and mixing it up... he wanted the puck.. I have no idea what "krug" you were watching..

Watch again and let me know when the speedy Krug was the first on the puck in the corner or took a hit to make a pass. 

He was always Seguin-Style going into the corners, jockeying for second position, and often fired the puck away with an attacker getting close.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

Watch again and let me know when the speedy Krug was the first on the puck in the corner or took a hit to make a pass. 

He was always Seguin-Style going into the corners, jockeying for second position, and often fired the puck away with an attacker getting close.

[/QUOTE]

I recall seeing Krug shying away from hits at times.  Kind of a problem you should almost expect to have when you play a defenseman that is so small.  I like Krug, but im hoping some regular season playing time and some confidence will snap him out of that type of play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I have no doubt that Hamilton will become a regular this upcoming season ...he could easily become one of our to 4 this season...it will be intersting to see who between Krug, Bart, Morrow will earn a spot...my money is on Morrow

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I have no doubt that Hamilton will become a regular this upcoming season ...he could easily become one of our to 4 this season...it will be intersting to see who between Krug, Bart, Morrow will earn a spot...my money is on Morrow

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

You've made that quite loud and clear Stanley.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Why does it seem like we have a very deep pool of prospects now and yet we were scrambling for 3rd liners for awhile?

We are still scrambling for 3rd liners as Cj has a problem playing the youth other than Bourque Panda and Daug, who got a fair shake on the 3rd from our depth. Soder barely got a shake.

Stanley- Red's fav jet is now Wheeler. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I like Krug & didn't think he was that bad at shying away. I think everybody has a flaw in their game. The guys the smallest on the ice. He's going to have some defencies, but he's by far the best skating d-man the B's have. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

After his four goals in five games, I wasn't much impressed with Krug after.  Thinking back to it, it seemed like he spent his time trying not to get hit, avoiding any corner play like the bubonic plague was there.

In my eyes, he dropped to #3 with Bartkowski being #2 and Hamilton at the #1.

I agree.  Dougie had a solid first year and he has the biggest upside.  Krug played well especially under the circumstances (thrown in during the playoffs) but his size does hurt him a little.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What a crock! Krug was allot more physical than Seguin, even went after Keith on a line change during the SCF.

When did you ever see Tyker get physical with another teams top player ?

Sections
Shortcuts