Down on Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Down on Krejci

That the club has stared to roll largely without offensive production from Krejci hopefully speaks well to when he does return to the form we know he has.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

I am also down on his current play right now & thus far this season but the current hate this guy is getting is a little out of hand & undeserved. Everyone realizes the guy has had a tough start & appears to be labouring.

But are we really forgetting what this guy has meant to this team the last few  years? He filled in for Savard after he broke his back in 2009 & shouldered a huge part of the offence down the stretch & helped carry the team into those playoffs. 

In 2009-2010 he went on a tear after the olympics & carried the team offensively into those playoffs. He contributes to a series win over the Sabres & really starts to get it going against the Flyers & was clearly the Bruins best forward in the early part of that series. The Bruins go up 3 - 0 & Richards takes Krejci out & the Bruins immediately implode. Sure, there were some other factors that contributed but none greater then the loss of Krejci.

Now we go into 2010-2011 & Krejci has a great start before Savard returns & Krejci gets demoted so Savard can get his opportunity. Then Savard gets re- injured so they move Krejci up again. He gets pretty hot down the stretch & ends up leading the Stanley Cup playoffs in points on a Stanley Cup winning team. Any other season and he probably wins the Conn Smythe.

Then we go into this season & he has struggled through the first 20 games & many Bruins fans are calling for this guys head. Yet the team loses 1 game in November. It doesn't make any sense. Dissapointment & frustration I can understand.

I admit he has looked terrible at times this season as has Nathan Horton. But are they really going to run from a guy who has done so much for this organization in the past 2 years on a very team friendly contract? People bring up that he is an RFA & cap ramifications. So what would the return be? Draft picks? Jeff Carter who is signed for about 5.7 per for the next decade who has a history of no showing in the playoffs with apparent attitude issues?

Did they run from Bergeron in the 2010 playoffs when he struggled once Krejci went down? Bergy was unable to elevate his play when the Bs needed to win just 1 game but Chia didn`t run from him.

I am as disappointed as anyone about Krejci`s current play but I know it is only a matter of time before he goes on a tear. That is his history and the great part is that his hot streaks usually come when the games get more important. That is the type of guy I want on my team. I am disapointed but am certainly not going to run from a guy after a tough start 20 games into a season. Its bad enough he didn't get the credit or recognition he deserved for his playoff performance last season.

The fact that people see Chris Kelly as more of a urgent signing then David Krejci after 20 games into the season is about as shortsighted as the Bruins could be. I really hope Chia don't think that way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci:
    I'm not worried about Krejci at all. The talent is definately there. He's going against the other team's best D. Playing through an injury maybe? Other guys have had slumps and we don't bail on them.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Since when? Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't see any hate for the guy, just for his current production.  He just simply is not getting it done.  If the time comes when the club has to lean on him, hopefully he's out of whatever-the-heck he's into right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTEThe Bruins go up 3 - 0 & Richards takes Krejci out & the Bruins immediately implode.  Jeff Carter who is signed for about 5.7 per for the next decade who has a history of no showing in the playoffs with apparent attitude issues? Did they run from Bergeron in the 2010 playoffs when he struggled once Krejci went down? Bergy was unable to elevate his play when the Bs needed to win just 1 game but Chia didn`t run from him. I am as disappointed as anyone about Krejci`s current play but I know it is only a matter of time before he goes on a tear. That is his history and the great part is that his hot streaks usually come when the games get more important. That is the type of guy I want on my team. I am disapointed but am certainly not going to run from a guy after a tough start 20 games into a season. Its bad enough he didn't get the credit or recognition he deserved for his playoff performance last season.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Why is it you feel the need to bash the Bruins best player in order to make your case/crush for Krejci? We get it. DK is your favourite player. And do you really think bringing up Carter's bad contract will somehow strengthen your argument?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think DK has not played as well as he would like and I'd say the same regarding Horton. Maybe it's contract related, maybe he's hurt and playing so he doesn't effect his up coming contract. Who knows. But it would help if Horton could start finishing...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

He is not getting it done 20 games into the regular season. But he did get it done in 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs.

I really feel that trumps a 20 game slump to start the regular season & you would think he deserves a bit more rope to find his game that we all know is there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Krejci is like a fine wine.  He only comes out for special occasions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Krejci is like a fine wine.  He only comes out for special occasions.
    Posted by bim09

It would appear as if you're like that too. I didn't read any comments from you regarding Kane's goal yesterday. I thought you felt those "soft" goals didn't happen to TT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : [QUOTEThe Bruins go up 3 - 0 & Richards takes Krejci out & the Bruins immediately implode.  Jeff Carter who is signed for about 5.7 per for the next decade who has a history of no showing in the playoffs with apparent attitude issues? Did they run from Bergeron in the 2010 playoffs when he struggled once Krejci went down? Bergy was unable to elevate his play when the Bs needed to win just 1 game but Chia didn`t run from him. I am as disappointed as anyone about Krejci`s current play but I know it is only a matter of time before he goes on a tear. That is his history and the great part is that his hot streaks usually come when the games get more important. That is the type of guy I want on my team. I am disapointed but am certainly not going to run from a guy after a tough start 20 games into a season. Its bad enough he didn't get the credit or recognition he deserved for his playoff performance last season. Posted by Newfiebullet
    Why is it you feel the need to bash the Bruins best player in order to make your case/crush for Krejci? We get it. DK is your favourite player. And do you really think bringing up Carter's bad contract will somehow strengthen your argument?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Actually I feel Bergeron & Krejci (when on top of his game) are 1(a) & 1(b) so I am not bashing Bergeron. Just simply making a point that it is not only David Krejci or Patrice Bergeron that struggles. Slumps happen. I admit this one for Krejci looks like the worse I have seen him in.

I also don't have to strenghen my arguement by using Jeff Carter. Krejci's history does that for me. He has continually shown that he has the ability to elevate his game when they get more important. That is not an opinion it is a fact.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Why is it you feel the need to bash the Bruins best player in order to make your case/crush for Krejci? We get it. DK is your favourite player. And do you really think bringing up Carter's bad contract will somehow strengthen your argument? Posted by dezaruchi
    Actually I feel Bergeron & Krejci (when on top of his game) are 1(a) & 1(b) so I am not bashing Bergeron. Just simply making a point that it is not only David Krejci or Patrice Bergeron that struggles. Slumps happen. I admit this one for Krejci looks like the worse I have seen him in. I also don't have to strenghen my arguement by using Jeff Carter. Krejci's history does that for me. He has continually shown that he has the ability to elevate his game when they get more important. That is not an opinion it is a fact.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Why did you bring him up then? What's the relevance?
  •  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Actually I feel Bergeron & Krejci (when on top of his game) are 1(a) & 1(b) so I am not bashing Bergeron. Just simply making a point that it is not only David Krejci or Patrice Bergeron that struggles. Slumps happen. I admit this one for Krejci looks like the worse I have seen him in. I also don't have to strenghen my arguement by using Jeff Carter. Krejci's history does that for me. He has continually shown that he has the ability to elevate his game when they get more important. That is not an opinion it is a fact. Posted by Newfiebullet
    Why did you bring him up then? What's the relevance?
    Posted by dezaruchi

I seen a hockey writer post it as rumour somewhere. Carter for Krejci. That is why I brought it up. It is out there I just can't find the link right now.
  •  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : I'm not asking you to apologize but there are at least two others that mention his poor play and trade talk. Posted by BsLegion

I took it down the trade route...again I apologize. Feel better lily pad hopping paisano ? Kidding, kidding LoL!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I'm not overly positive on Krejci as some over here. I'm quite worried that he's already had hip and wrist surgeries, not to mention a concussion (albeit not a major one). I think he's peaked, and is going on a downwards slope. Not a straight downwards slope (he'll have some good years but no way 2008-09 good). And yeah I also know about his playoff thing last year.

As such my wish list would be for PC to make a trade with Ottawa for Spezza. Something like Krejci, two of our OHL prospects (Koko, Spooner or Knight), plus our first round pick of this year (if PC can get Spezza for less than that then great).

Ottawa will be in a rebuilding mode as they fall further in the standings and stories of Spezza's unhappiness in Ottawa I've heard before.

This will truly be an "upgrade at center that would put this team into a different category all together".

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

It would appear as if you're like that too. I didn't read any comments from you regarding Kane's goal yesterday. I thought you felt those "soft" goals didn't happen to TT.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I didn't think it was soft.  That was also a play from the slot.  Not left to right, through the crease.  And Thomas doesn't play goal like this.

Datsyuk gift

Kane in the slot

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Do we start thinking that Krejci will be in a package that lands us Jarome Iginla?

Krejci, Boychuk, pick = Iginla ?

Hmmmm

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Do we start thinking that Krejci will be in a package that lands us Jarome Iginla? Krejci, Boychuk, pick = Iginla ? Hmmmm
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla

Hi!  I'm Mr. Salary Cap.  We clearly have not met.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

He's a good second line center, in my opinion. Unfortunately, i fear he's going to want 1st line money. Even worse, this league is starved for centers and he'll probably get what he wants.

I think PC has an absolutely critical decision to make as far as what to do with Krejci.

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Why did you bring him up then? What's the relevance? Posted by dezaruchi
    I seen a hockey writer post it as rumour somewhere. Carter for Krejci. That is why I brought it up. It is out there I just can't find the link right now.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

OK, I get you now.
  •  

I didn't think it was soft.  That was also a play from the slot.  Not left to right, through the crease.  And Thomas doesn't play goal like this . Datsyuk gift Kane in the slot
    Posted by bim09

If your goal is to make everyone laugh at you it's working. Daysyuk's goal made every highlight pack and will be in the plays of the week. Kane's won't be. Any credibility you had is flying out the window with these feeble attempts to act like you know what you're talking about. After the Wings game, it was just you and a troll in agreement. The funny part of it is that the troll wasn't being serious yet you were.  Yep, some funny stuff anyways.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I'm not overly positive on Krejci as some over here. I'm quite worried that he's already had hip and wrist surgeries, not to mention a concussion (albeit not a major one). I think he's peaked, and is going on a downwards slope. Not a straight downwards slope (he'll have some good years but no way 2008-09 good). And yeah I also know about his playoff thing last year. As such my wish list would be for PC to make a trade with Ottawa for Spezza. Something like Krejci, two of our OHL prospects (Koko, Spooner or Knight), plus our first round pick of this year (if PC can get Spezza for less than that then great). Ottawa will be in a rebuilding mode as they fall further in the standings and stories of Spezza's unhappiness in Ottawa I've heard before. This will truly be an "upgrade at center that would put this team into a different category all together".
    Posted by Klaas

Klaas, you disappoint me with your trade proposal. Four players for Spezza?

Furthermore:

Jerome Iginla = Greek Bonds.  Jason Spezza = Italian Bonds.

PC, thank God you're in charge. Bruin fans throw draft picks around like Mommy and Daddy are going to supply them forever.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Down on Krejci? no way! you new wave fantasy sports fans never learn. IT'S ONLY NOVEMBER! It's no secret Krejci is playing through injury right now [bad upper back] probably explains why he keeps falling down lately but thats besides the point.  Krejci does many things that help the Bruins win that dont show up on the score sheet. another month from now you'll all be saying WHERES THIS GREAT PLAY BEEN ALL SEASON? once he catches fire and believe me he will catch fire. he alwats does. Krejci is also the type of player that seems to thrive in BIG games and playoffs. Ken linsman used to cruise through the regular season with 40 points only to become conn smyth material one the playoffs came around.

DONT FORGET KREJCI HAS BEEN THE BRUINS BEST FORWARD IN THE ''PLAYOFFS'' FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS.

TRADING A GUY LIKE THAT IS OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I'M SURE CHIA WOULD AGREE

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Down on Krejci:
    Yeah, I know.  They won the Cup with him as the center of the top line.  I know. Now that we've established that: I'm really down on Krejci lately.  As I was watching the game yesterday, I was trying to remember the last time he did something impressive.  I couldn't.  With Horton and Lucic always primed to shoot and score, an upgrade at center would put this team into a different category all together.  I believe he is the main culprit behind the miserable powerplay.  Or, maybe he's not the reason it stinks, but he sure isn't helping the powerplay succeed. It's almost December.  He as three goals and seven assists.  That's two more goals and five more assists than SHAWN THORNTON. Maybe he's hurt.  Maybe he's done.  Maybe he'll snap out of it.  Maybe he needs to play on a different line or a different team. I'd love to see what the stats of Lucic and Horton would look like if Seguin were to play between them for a month.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I share your concern but I'm going with " snap out of it."

I see Krejci as having much the same make-up as Horton in the sense that both can seem listless for a while but are--and will be--money players when it counts the most. Horton caught  a lot of grief last year b4 he caught fire in the playoffs and became Mr. Clutch & Mr. OT.

I also think that when one of those guys starts to slump on that top line--it filters down to all of them...i.e. if Lucic starts slacking, you see that reflected in DK and Horts, and the same can be said about any one of those.

Bottom line is Krejci has too muh raw talent and is too young to stay like this for long. The season is very VERY long and he has plenty of opportunity to get back to being the playmaker and player we know he can be-- and one I believe is necessary for the Bruins to succeed.

The good news is the other 2 lines (and the 4th) are picking up the "first" line's slack. One idea might be for CJ to start playing the Marchy-Seguin-Bergy line as the #1 to send these guys the proverbial "message." It might light a fire under DK and that should spark the others as well.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Sigh. A few things...

1. The league is NOT starved for centers. There are tons, and tons more coming up through the ranks.

2. Krejci will get paid as the 20th-ish best center in the league, as that's his value. Name me a team that will overpay him like the top 10. Too much depth at that position.

3. Forget trades. Why would you take a situation in a salary cap era and dump a bunch of cash on a so-called top line center, only to have to sacrifice depth guys? Boston has the best 4-center group in the league. Name me a team stronger than Krejci-Bergeron-Kelly-Campbell. Maybe Pittsburgh?

4. Kudos to the point about Horton burying his chances. DK could have +5 or 6 more points on the season. Add this to his own struggles, and the point production is down.

5. DK was 20th among scoring centers in 2010-2011, with only 75 games. Same group as Elias, Backstrom, Datsuyk, Richards, Carter. We know what he does in the playoffs and other big games.

6. I would have this conversation at the trade deadline, where decisions have to be made. But not now. Not after 20 games. He can only get better from what he's doing now, and increase his value if a trade's what you really want to see.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : I don't keep up with all of the threads.  I rarely even open a thread when I don't recognize the OP.  If you're referring to the "What to offer Krejci" thread, well, I didn't open it and I didn't read it.  I would guess, considering the headline, it's about contract talks with Krejci.  I've never heard of the OP, so I don't care what that OP thinks. This thread isn't about contract talks.  It's about the incredibly poor production from the center of the top line.  I don't see that as redundant, do you?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Well then we can relate with your thread but enough with that.
    The reason I didn't comment on the other threads is similar to your theory of an "un-known OP ". I read it and just didn't feel like commenting as I didn't think Krejci was a big issue.  I'm just surprised you didn't comment hence my remark on this thread. Now I know why.

• Sections
    Shortcuts