Down on Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Down on Krejci

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci:
    In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Hi!  I'm Mr. Salary Cap.  We clearly have not met.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

See !  just like the other threads the ridiculous trade suggestions start to appear.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : If DK got hurt before Sturm would we all be claiming Sturm was the reason we didn't win. How about the fact we'd lost Seidenberg to injury too. I really think the DK injury was just the straw that broke the camel's back. No more, no less.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Me thinks TT's injuries in those playoffs were key.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Me thinks TT's injuries in those playoffs were key.
    Posted by stevegm

Actually, the Bruins were very lucky for Rask that year as he carried them into the playoffs and was outstanding against Buffalo. He began to struggle late in the Philly series along with everyone else on that roster including the coaching staff.

Rask put up sensational #'s that season in this Bruins defensive system while Thomas had his issues that year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : If your goal is to make everyone laugh at you it's working. Daysyuk's goal made every highlight pack and will be in the plays of the week. Kane's won't be. Any credibility you had is flying out the window with these feeble attempts to act like you know what you're talking about. After the Wings game, it was just you and a troll in agreement. The funny part of it is that the troll wasn't being serious yet you were.  Yep, some funny stuff anyways.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Off the topic a little and the OP will make us pay !
    I'm going to have to disagree with you a little on this one.  While yes it was some fancy skate soccer move there by him I still feel that Rask should have dome a bit more .  Try a poke -check and not just look at the guy go accross his crease like that.
    On that note I can see Krejci do the same, he's a pretty good soccer player also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Klaas, you disappoint me with your trade proposal. Four players for Spezza? Furthermore: Jerome Iginla = Greek Bonds.  Jason Spezza = Italian Bonds. PC, thank God you're in charge. Bruin fans throw draft picks around like Mommy and Daddy are going to supply them forever.
    Posted by Wheatskins

Fair enough. Maybe I did go over the deep end by proposing too much draft picks. But I would still sooner have Spezza than Krejci, not that I hate Krejci.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : I took it down the trade route...again I apologize. Feel better lily pad hopping paisano ? Kidding, kidding LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

BTW you were missed on the Cape this Thanksgiving.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Fair enough. Maybe I did go over the deep end by proposing too much draft picks. But I would still sooner have Spezza than Krejci, not that I hate Krejci.
    Posted by Klaas

You certainly proposed a steep price for Jason Spezza that I would hope & think Chia would not even contemplate. But proposal aside you have to factor in the caphit.

One of the few reasons to even contemplate trading Krejci is cap ramifications down the road when Seguin is ready to be the teams # 1 Center. Spezza is signed for 7 million per year until 2014.

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/sports/story.html?id=00dac442-3c55-4267-9984-30f2fcd7e117

Do you really want that type of money tied up in a player when you already expect Seguin to be the number 1 Center in the next couple of years?

Spezza is a very good offensive player but also has holes in his game. He is careless with the puck & turns it over a lot. He is also not the greatest defensive player in the game & may have a tough time playing in a Claude Julien defensive system. I think he would give Julien fits. Add to the fact he makes 7 million per & I would stay away from this guy.

Sometimes we as fans watch our teams & see holes in the players we watch on a consistent basis. Then we see the highlite reel & see guys like Spezza making great offensive plays & think there are no issues with there game. Spezza has issues with his game that we certainly would pick up on if we watched him on a consistent basis.

There is an arguement for trading a guy like Krejci in the right deal. I just don't see a guy like Jason Spezza as being that guy given his complete game & the cap ramifications going forward.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Sigh. A few things... 1. The league is NOT starved for centers. There are tons, and tons more coming up through the ranks. 2. Krejci will get paid as the 20th-ish best center in the league, as that's his value. Name me a team that will overpay him like the top 10. Too much depth at that position. 

Posted by asmaha

"Sigh" Incorrect information. I'm going to spend 3 minutes on this, and I'm sure others can pick many different examples
    • The Calgary Flames are looking for a number one center, and have been for years. Still looking.
    • The Chicago Blackhawks even tried moving Patrick Kane to center this season to address their lack of depth. Still looking.
    • The Edmonton Oilers expertimented with Taylor Hall at center to address their lack of organization depth down the middle, and their glut of wings. Still looking.
    • The New Jersey Devils have experimented with Zach Parise at center to address their organizational lack of depth down the middle. Still looking.
    • The Florida Panthers need a number one center. Still looking.
    • The Phoenix Coyotes need a number one center. Still looking.
    • The New York Rangers last season desperately needed a number one center, and significantly overpaid for one (as their market value is extremely high)
    • The Maple Leafs were/are looking for a number one center for years. If you think they signed Tim Connoly thinking he was a legit #1, you're wrong.
    • Buffalo Sabres are looking for a center
    • The ducks want a center to fix their faceoff woes, to jump start secondary scoring and to go with their glut of wings.
    Tha pathetic part is, the only centers available for trade are centers on teams that are looking to get rid of their crappy centers! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Actually, the Bruins were very lucky for Rask that year as he carried them into the playoffs and was outstanding against Buffalo. He began to struggle late in the Philly series along with everyone else on that roster including the coaching staff. Rask put up sensational #'s that season in this Bruins defensive system while Thomas had his issues that year.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

My point is that TT was injured that year...thus the rough stretch between 2 Vezina's.  Rask was very ordinary the whole series against Philly, and if a healthy TT played to his normal standards of the past 3 years...the B's are in the finals in 2010.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I agree with the premise of this thread but I'm not so concerned as NAS and some others. yet! here is my reasoning:
    -DK has been a little slow out of the gate most seasons.
    -Lucic and Horton have misssed on too many good opportunities to score which would help DK's stats.
    -DK's regualr season performance is only part of the package with this guy. He seems to be one of those rare players that raises his game considerably in the playoffs.

However, if he continues to play at this level for too long you consider moving him to the 2nd line or even trading him before his value drops.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : My point is that TT was injured that year...thus the rough stretch between 2 Vezina's.  Rask was very ordinary the whole series against Philly, and if a healthy TT played to his normal standards of the past 3 years...the B's are in the finals in 2010.
    Posted by stevegm

That is a pretty big assumption on your part.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I wouldn't mind trading Krejci. I don't see him as a number 1 center. He is a 2nd line winger in my eyes. He doesn't produce like a top center and he doesn't shut-down like other top centers who aren't as creative offensively. But, he needs to bring a return that won't cripple the organization.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Olsen - I should have been more clear. I get where you're coming from, but my point is what team will pay Krejci to be that top-10 center they need? Even though those teams need center depth, I doubt very much anyone looks at DK and thinks, "Yeah, let's give that guy 7 years @ $6mil each. Not when you have a group of guys just like him.

So we don't disagree...but we disagree. He'll get paid as a #1a or #2, equal to Bergeron given general inflation of contracts, and everyone will be happy. Nobody's gonna come in and blow his socks off with a huge deal. It's all good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

We could always just keep him and if he just has an average year go to arbitration with him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Down on Krejci? no way! you new wave fantasy sports fans never learn. IT'S ONLY NOVEMBER! It's no secret Krejci is playing through injury right now [bad upper back] probably explains why he keeps falling down lately but thats besides the point.  Krejci does many things that help the Bruins win that dont show up on the score sheet. another month from now you'll all be saying WHERES THIS GREAT PLAY BEEN ALL SEASON? once he catches fire and believe me he will catch fire. he alwats does. Krejci is also the type of player that seems to thrive in BIG games and playoffs. Ken linsman used to cruise through the regular season with 40 points only to become conn smyth material one the playoffs came around. DONT FORGET KREJCI HAS BEEN THE BRUINS BEST FORWARD IN THE ''PLAYOFFS'' FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS. TRADING A GUY LIKE THAT IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. I'M SURE CHIA WOULD AGREE
    Posted by riptide757

Where did you hear this about a bad upper back?  Is the Upper Back part of the core?  Because that is all I heard about his injury?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : You certainly proposed a steep price for Jason Spezza that I would hope & think Chia would not even contemplate. But proposal aside you have to factor in the caphit. One of the few reasons to even contemplate trading Krejci is cap ramifications down the road when Seguin is ready to be the teams # 1 Center. Spezza is signed for 7 million per year until 2014. http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/sports/story.html?id=00dac442-3c55-4267-9984-30f2fcd7e117 Do you really want that type of money tied up in a player when you already expect Seguin to be the number 1 Center in the next couple of years? Spezza is a very good offensive player but also has holes in his game. He is careless with the puck & turns it over a lot. He is also not the greatest defensive player in the game & may have a tough time playing in a Claude Julien defensive system. I think he would give Julien fits. Add to the fact he makes 7 million per & I would stay away from this guy. Sometimes we as fans watch our teams & see holes in the players we watch on a consistent basis. Then we see the highlite reel & see guys like Spezza making great offensive plays & think there are no issues with there game. Spezza has issues with his game that we certainly would pick up on if we watched him on a consistent basis. There is an arguement for trading a guy like Krejci in the right deal. I just don't see a guy like Jason Spezza as being that guy given his complete game & the cap ramifications going forward.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Very good points. I guess we'll just have to be patient with Krejci.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Me thinks TT's injuries in those playoffs were key.
    Posted by stevegm

That's another great point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Just a couple points on the varied discussions happening on this thread:

On DK being the 20th best center in the league and should not be paid what the top 10 guys make:  The 20th highest paid paid center in the NHL has a cap hit of $6 Mil. And there are many teams who would pay him that. The key to winning in the NHL has always been to have two excellent centers. Many teams like the Blackhawks could use another, and many don't even have one.

On DK's injury in '10 being or not being the cause of the Bruins' collapse: Yes, there were other injuries on the team, but the Bruins were still winning in spite of those. And Krejci was playing some really great hockey that spring. He was the key puck mover through the neutral zone, when he went down there was no one who could replace his skills.

Having Tyler Seguin means the Bruins could deal Krejci and still have two outstanding centers. I hope they don't deal him. I like the way he plays, and despite a weak first quarter we all know he can and most likely will contribute more in the future.  I also really like the Seguin/Bergeron/Marchand line and want them to stay together. The only way I would want to see DK moved is if his cap hit becomes really huge and would make signing Seguin difficult, or if a really good package of young talent was offered. I don't think either scenario is likely, and if they do happen I think it would probably be after this season that it becomes an issue. So in the meantime I hope I get to continue to enjoy watching two amazing scoring lines play for the Bruins, and the added luxury of having a guy like Peverley on the third.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

This board is full of idiots. Complain about Krejci all you want but if we trade him, WE WILL NOT WIN THE CUP. Not a shot, stop pretending to be a Bruins fan and go Ole Ole Ole out of here.

Leader in playoff goals and points. Nuff said

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Krejci the real fans know how good you are. You won that game 7 against TB with the beautiful pass to horten. Pay no attention to these pretend Bruins fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

"The fact that people see Chris Kelly as more of a urgent signing then David Krejci after 20 games into the season is about as shortsighted as the Bruins could be. I really hope Chia don't think that way."
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

simple, after the season Kelly's unrestricted whereas Krejci's restricted....

better chance that Kelly gets overpriced than Krejci gets offer sheet....  and if he does, B'S can choose to match or take pix....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : That is a pretty big assumption on your part.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Whoa....you say the B's went down against Philly cuz DK got hurt(reasonable opinion).
    I say the B's would have never lost 4 straight to Philly with a healthy Thomas, thus putting them in the conf finals. 
    That's my opinion.  Probably....less of an "assumption" than your position. 

TR didn't play terrible in the 10 playoffs, but he didn't steal much...certainly never stole a thing against Philly, and the B's overall, deserved the series against Buffalo.

When healthy, TT has been the B's top performer over the last 3 years.  I have no problem with DK, but sorry...1 outstanding forward, will never trump 1 outstanding goalie in a playoff series.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Whoa....you say the B's went down against Philly cuz DK got hurt(reasonable opinion). I say the B's would have never lost 4 straight to Philly with a healthy Thomas, thus putting them in the conf finals.  That's my opinion.  Probably....less of an "assumption" than your position.  TR didn't play terrible in the 10 playoffs, but he didn't steal much...certainly never stole a thing against Philly, and the B's overall, deserved the series against Buffalo. When healthy, TT has been the B's top performer over the last 3 years.  I have no problem with DK, but sorry...1 outstanding forward, will never trump 1 outstanding goalie in a playoff series.
    Posted by stevegm

What you are leaving out is that the Bruins were good enough to win the first three games of that series with Rask & without Thomas & Seidenberg. Krejci got hurt & then everything came crumbling down. At that point the Bruins didn`t have the depth to deal with Krejci`s injury up front.

Were there other factors that played a part? Sure. But the fact is it all went south when Krejci got hurt & the Bruins that were left could not muster up enough to simply win 1 game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would say it is a much greater assumption to say that a player who didn't play in a series would have a bigger impact than one that did.  With Krejci 3-0, without, 0-4.  That is pretty black and white.  When you bring up Thomas, you have to make all kinds of assumptions.  Is he playing like '09 Thomas or '11 Thomas? '09 had a sv% 93.3. in '11 he was at 93.8. Rask in '10 was at 93.1. Not a big difference. Rask was not the reason the Bruins lost to Philly, but they could get nothing going when Krejci went down. With him, they dominated.  That's pretty clear.  Other factors like Flyers getting healthy were important too.  But talking about injuries to Thomas and Seidenberg and others are really impossible to judge. I also don't think a goalie trumps a forward.  A forward can dominate a series just as well as a goalie can.

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Whoa....you say the B's went down against Philly cuz DK got hurt(reasonable opinion). I say the B's would have never lost 4 straight to Philly with a healthy Thomas, thus putting them in the conf finals.  That's my opinion.  Probably....less of an "assumption" than your position.  TR didn't play terrible in the 10 playoffs, but he didn't steal much...certainly never stole a thing against Philly, and the B's overall, deserved the series against Buffalo. When healthy, TT has been the B's top performer over the last 3 years.  I have no problem with DK, but sorry...1 outstanding forward, will never trump 1 outstanding goalie in a playoff series.
    Posted by stevegm

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Just a couple points on the varied discussions happening on this thread: On DK being the 20th best center in the league and should not be paid what the top 10 guys make:  The 20th highest paid paid center in the NHL has a cap hit of $6 Mil. And there are many teams who would pay him that. The key to winning in the NHL has always been to have two excellent centers. Many teams like the Blackhawks could use another, and many don't even have one. On DK's injury in '10 being or not being the cause of the Bruins' collapse: Yes, there were other injuries on the team, but the Bruins were still winning in spite of those. And Krejci was playing some really great hockey that spring. He was the key puck mover through the neutral zone, when he went down there was no one who could replace his skills. Having Tyler Seguin means the Bruins could deal Krejci and still have two outstanding centers. I hope they don't deal him. I like the way he plays, and despite a weak first quarter we all know he can and most likely will contribute more in the future.  I also really like the Seguin/Bergeron/Marchand line and want them to stay together. The only way I would want to see DK moved is if his cap hit becomes really huge and would make signing Seguin difficult, or if a really good package of young talent was offered. I don't think either scenario is likely, and if they do happen I think it would probably be after this season that it becomes an issue. So in the meantime I hope I get to continue to enjoy watching two amazing scoring lines play for the Bruins, and the added luxury of having a guy like Peverley on the third.
    Posted by OatesCam

Hawks have Toews and Bolland. That's two great centers.

Sections
Shortcuts