Down on Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Down on Krejci

In Response to Re: Down on Krejci:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Well you can thank guys like me fo being so negative on DK. He obviously read my posts and got motivated ... I did my job.
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]
    Klaas, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go off offensively now that the pressure of worrying about a new deal is gone. It's really surprising how well the team has done considering the slow starts of so many of the guys. This point streak looks like it could go on for awhile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : I predicted at least 6 points for his line last night. I believe they ended with 7.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yes you did and I thought about that while that line was lighting it up last night. Good call.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Yes you did and I thought about that while that line was lighting it up last night. Good call.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Chowdah, the Leafs just can't handle that line. Phaneuf (who seems to act tough) gets routinely bullied by Horton and Lucic. I watched the game while chatting with my friend who is a Stars scout and he was really impressed by the way those 2 drive to the net while taking the D with them. He felt that Chara's goal was a direct result of Lucic doing just that. He also said that the Bruins use more complex breakouts than any team he's watched this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Love that.  Some people just don't get how skilled and creative CJ is. You hear it less after they won the cup, of course.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Chowdah, the Leafs just can't handle that line. Phaneuf (who seems to act tough) gets routinely bullied by Horton and Lucic. I watched the game while chatting with my friend who is a Stars scout and he was really impressed by the way those 2 drive to the net while taking the D with them. He felt that Chara's goal was a direct result of Lucic doing just that. He also said that the Bruins use more complex breakouts than any team he's watched this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Love that.  Some people just don't get how skilled and creative CJ is. You hear it less after they won the cup, of course. In Response to Re: Down on Krejci :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Oates, it was nice to get an objective opinion from a professional. He said he was amazed by how good they looked at times against the NYI when he saw them. I told him about the many trade rumors that float around this site and he just laughed and asked me "why in the world would the Bruins want to change a thing right now? They're the best team in the league". That summed it up for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Chowdah, the Leafs just can't handle that line. Phaneuf (who seems to act tough) gets routinely bullied by Horton and Lucic. I watched the game while chatting with my friend who is a Stars scout and he was really impressed by the way those 2 drive to the net while taking the D with them. He felt that Chara's goal was a direct result of Lucic doing just that. He also said that the Bruins use more complex breakouts than any team he's watched this season.

That's the key for success on getting scoring chances with any line but when you have two 'baby bulls' like Horton and Lucic skating hard to the net it puts so much pressure on the defense to defend that because of their size.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Yeah Oates, it was nice to get an objective opinion from a professional. He said he was amazed by how good they looked at times against the NYI when he saw them. I told him about the many trade rumors that float around this site and he just laughed and asked me "why in the world would the Bruins want to change a thing right now? They're the best team in the league". That summed it up for me.

Ain't that the truth. It's December 1 , the Bruins haven't lost in regulation since October . Of course all the Boston.com GM's think the Bruins could be so much better if PC would just listen to their trade ideas.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No no that's not true the Bruins are bullies and only know how to push teams around.  That's why they win . Oh and let's not forget because Jacobs runs ethe league and Colin Campbel's son plays on the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nothing sticks out more than the Horton goal in Game 7 against the Bolts when they solved the 1-3-1...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : No no that's not true the Bruins are bullies and only know how to push teams around.  That's why they win . Oh and let's not forget because Jacobs runs ethe league and Colin Campbel's son plays on the Bruins.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

But....but.... Badhab says he only became a good coach this year. He says creative breakouts would have never happened prior to....um ...him saying so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : But....but.... Badhab says he only became a good coach this year. He says creative breakouts would have never happened prior to....um ...him saying so.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

He's always been a good coach.  Do Bruin fans have to be reminded when his Habs team , while paper inferior to the Bruins,  eliminated the Bruins ?  Wonder if that has anything to do with coaching?  Then he asked Kovalev he had to back check and the diva went and cry to Gainey.  That was the end of Julien in Montreal.
    Or when he was coaching the Devils,  they looked like the best team in the East till a bunch of Diva's said he had to go. Guess what ? they got eliminated in straight sets in the 1st round.
    Now both those teams are saying " Hey, we had that guy ! Maybe we would have hosted the cup "
    Some don't like his style and that translates to not being a good coach. That'sa tad narrow minded.  I disagreed with some of his decisions in the past and that just because I might have a different philosphy but in the end all I am is a guy on this boad with a horseshoe .... ! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Nothing sticks out more than the Horton goal in Game 7 against the Bolts when they solved the 1-3-1...
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, he also said that Boston's best weapon is their ability to start the offense from inside their own blue line. The goal you've mentioned is a perfect example of that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : He's always been a good coach.  Do Bruin fans have to be reminded when his Habs team , while paper inferior to the Bruins,  eliminated the Bruins ?  Wonder if that has anything to do with coaching?  Then he asked Kovalev he had to back check and the diva went and cry to Gainey.  That was the end of Julien in Montreal. Or when he was coaching the Devils,  they looked like the best team in the East till a bunch of Diva's said he had to go. Guess what ? they got eliminated in straight sets in the 1st round. Now both those teams are saying " Hey, we had that guy ! Maybe we would have hosted the cup " Some don't like his style and that translates to not being a good coach. That'sa tad narrow minded.  I disagreed with some of his decisions in the past and that just because I might have a different philosphy but in the end all I am is a guy on this boad with a horseshoe .... ! 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

All of his decisions aren't perfect but that seems to be what some posters expect from him. Being a perfect coach who doesn't make any mistakes ! I'm glad he's with the Bruins. Hockey people from other cities around the NHL recognize how good of a coach he is . It's too bad some Bruins fans don't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : Nothing sticks out more than the Horton goal in Game 7 against the Bolts when they solved the 1-3-1...
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

And notice who thread the needle to Horton... the man mentioned on this thread.
    Props to Ference also recognizing the trap.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]You are not referencing statistics, probability and definitely stochastic processes in an accurate way.  That is why I brought out that "card". The fundamental point of my initial response to you was that it is more reasonable to evaluate and predict the impact of David Krejci in the Philly series because he actually played, than the possible impact of Tim Thomas based on other seasons because he didn't play at all.  Your initial argument (with Newfie, I think?) was that it was more reasonable to say that Tim Thomas would have prevented the Krejci-less Bruins from losing 4 straight than it was to say that losing DK was a primary cause for them losing 4 straight. While both scenarios are possible, I am saying that the Krejci argument is more valid, because there are relevant real-world results from the actual event to base it on.  This is fundamental to any prediction of probability, which is what you are trying to do when you say your opinion is more reasonable or more likely than his. In Response to Re: Down on Krejci :

More bull.  When there are several hundred games worth of data, a professional researcher doesn't pick the results of 2 games, and attempt to sell that as the "ONLY" way to reach a conclusion.
    Total 100% horse s..t

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Using foul language does not prove a point.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down on Krejci : More bull.  When there are several hundred games worth of data, a professional researcher doesn't pick the results of 2 games, and attempt to sell that as the "ONLY" way to reach a conclusion. Total 100% horse s..t
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Going through the posts this morning and read the title of the thread . First thing that popped in my head was ' PC's not ' after Krejci's signing yesterday. Maybe this will take some weight off his mind with the contract out of the way and his numbers will take off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]Using foul language does not prove a point. In Response to Re: Down on Krejci :

Sorry.  Thought "stochastic" was a bad word.  Figured I was just following suit.

Sections
Shortcuts